Indiana Jones Adventures (RPG - WEG)

Vance

You know, it's very interesting how much visual love that TSR gave to the Indiana Jones game. The layout, use of artwork, etc., were all very new in the early 1980s and it's still a pretty good design.

Speaking of the game, I've been informed that the license was killed while a few more TSR Indy books were under way. (Three modules and a second GM's guide). Anyone have information on them? I sent a message to Zeb Cook asking about it, but it's not entirely likely he even remembers what was going on with the line way back then... (He was a VERY busy man...)

CoreyHaim8myDog

Does anyone still have these adventures? The links no longer work. I realize the thread is five years old, but I thought I would check. Thanks!

Montana Smith

CoreyHaim8myDog said:
Does anyone still have these adventures? The links no longer work. I realize the thread is five years old, but I thought I would check. Thanks!

You might be able to find digital copies by searching for the titles in .pdf format. I did a random search and a number of options turned up.

In my own RPG collection I have these original books (but they're in mint condition, so I'd never scan them):

TSR

6570 The Adventures of Indiana Jones (1984)
6751 IJ2 Raiders of the Lost Ark Adventure Pack (1984)
6752 IJ1 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Adventure Pack (1984)
6753 IJ3 From the Files of: Indiana Jones Crystal Death (1984)

WEG

45001 The World of Indiana Jones (1994)
45002 Indiana Jones and the Rising Sun (1994)
45003 Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook (1994)
45004 Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Templars (1995)
45006 Indiana Jones and the Golden Vampires (1995)
45008 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Sourcebook (1996)

Scarchaeologist

Wow. I just found out about these books a couple of days ago. I'm really interested in that Indiana Jones Artifacts book. I'm curious about the info on some of those relics. Just wondering but would anyone who has it be willing to tell me what it says about specific artifacts it talks about please?

Scarchaeologist

I don't normally buy stuff through forums. I'm just curious about specific artifacts like Dream Map of the Aborigines, Gae Bolg, Ankh of Osiris, Mirror of Amaterasu, Mirror of Tezcatlipoca, Mjolnir, Judas Silver, Katana of Nobunaga, Lamp of Aladdin, Mantle of Quetzalcoatl, Aegis, Sword of Saint Joan, Staff of St. Patrick, Star Map of Baghdad,Statue of Anansi, Tyrfing, and Peaches of Hsi Wang Mu. Yes that's a lot sorry. XP

Scarchaeologist

Wow. The weg books are really well written. Detailed but not to the point that they're confusing. And I've only read the artifacts book. From what I've heard the tomb of the Templars is supposed to be good as well. Doing some pricing on it. The world of indiana jones also sounds good to, especially if you need to figure out exotic places to send the man with the whip to.

And sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Seven

Who has played any of the tabletop RPGs?

After a couple of years of digging through Ebay and Amazon, my collection of the West End Games series is finally complete.

m9EmY6rl.jpg

I'm hoping to start up a campaign with my friends soon, but there is so much content here that it's tough to decide where to begin.

Does anyone remember playing any of these? If so, how was it? I'd love to hear about your adventures.

Seven

Hmm. Figured a few other people must have played one of them at some point.

Anyway, here's an interesting resource for any tabletop role-playing fans: TabletopAudio.com. Great for adding atmosphere to your games. And as you can see by the thumbnail, the "Mountain Tavern" is perfect to listen to when browsing The Raven forums. :hat:

lightsyder

Not sure if this is allowed or not but I'm looking to sell some Indiana Jones RPG books, guides, magazines and novels. If anyone would like a list send me a PM. I'd like to pass them along on TheRaider before I resort to ebay.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
CceuDhDWEAApnv7.jpg

Images from this Star Wars WEG writers guide emerged courtesy of Pablo Hidalgo. Though the Indy books didn't last long I suspect the rules would have been similar. Here are more. Apparently this guy edited it.

Seven

Finally got around to playing a session with some friends! (y)

We played "The Kweichow Exodus" from the Indiana Jones Adventures book, and it was great! A solid introductory adventure that can easily lead to further adventures. Especially if you use it in combination with the Temple of Doom Sourcebook. I also chose it since there aren't any obvious magical elements. I wanted to get them in that Raiders head space where magic is just a bunch of "superstitious hocus pocus." Then put them on a collision course with a powerful artifact.

Potential hurdle for DMs to consider: My group is used to slaying monsters and evil wizards in standard tabletop games. For most of this session, they were very reluctant to attack the "normal" humans who were constantly trying to murder them. By the time they were attacked by river pirates, they had no qualms about defending other innocent people on the boat. But when it was just them, they preferred to injure. Not kill. I guess this is a good thing. And it made them feel like "the good guys." It was just something I didn't expect since Indy always shoots back without much hesitation. :gun:

Zaphod

Anyone every run a game from the WEG RPG?

I know this is a very old thread but I thought maybe some of these folks might still be active.

I am collecting the materials from the old The World of Indiana Jones role playing game from West End Games. I think it might be fun to run a game. Has anyone played this game? Any tips on running this game?

Thanks!

:hat:

JackMunchkin

Hello

I am collecting the weg Indiana Jones books and workong on a personal rpg project roughly inspired by IJ. Unfortunately I cannot put the hand on some books : artifacts, adventures, vampires, sky pirates. Some of them are foundable on eBay but way too pricey. If anyone here had pdf copies they would willingly share, I would be very Grateful. Thanks any help. I am especially looking for artifacts and adventures books.