TV Nostalgia... or something like that.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
One of the best shows Nickelodeon ever came out with. Arnie was my hero.

He's not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve... our hyperactive guardian, our striped knight... the strongest man... IN THE WORLD!

The Drifter

ResidentAlien said:
He's not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve... our hyperactive guardian, our striped knight... the strongest man... IN THE WORLD!

Yes, we DESERVE a hero like Arnie! I want a pair of glasses just like his.
On another note: It's a shame Nickelodeon never made the Adventures of Pete and Pete movie. They turned it into Snow Day instead.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yes, we DESERVE a hero like Arnie! I want a pair of glasses just like his.
On another note: It's a shame Nickelodeon never made the Adventures of Pete and Pete movie. They turned it into Snow Day instead.

It's a bigger shame that they never released the third season to DVD.

The Drifter

ResidentAlien said:
It's a bigger shame that they never released the third season to DVD.

I agree with you. I need to get the first two seasons if I can find them. And, did Salute Your Shorts ever come to DVD?

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I agree with you. I need to get the first two seasons if I can find them. And, did Salute Your Shorts ever come to DVD?

No, sadly. And Are You Afraid of the Dark? is only out in Canada.

The Drifter

ResidentAlien said:
No, sadly. And Are You Afraid of the Dark? is only out in Canada.

Another great show. Man, I miss the days of classic Snick.
The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Hey Dude all need to be given their due respect by Nickelodeon. It pisses me off.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Another great show. Man, I miss the days of classic Snick.
The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Hey Dude all need to be given their due respect by Nickelodeon. It pisses me off.

And me. I kept putting off getting Are You Afraid of the Dark because it was pricey to import each season. Now the first few seasons are OOP and it's even pricier. Grrr.

DocWhiskey

I always thought they should have a Nickelodeon Classic channel. I know they had one a while back with just the Nickelodeon game shows, but a new channel with all the shows from the early nineties to early 2000s would be great. Those shows are too good to just forget about.

Except Roundhouse. That show was pretty lame.

metalinvader

DocWhiskey said:
I always thought they should have a Nickelodeon Classic channel. I know they had one a while back with just the Nickelodeon game shows, but a new channel with all the shows from the early nineties to early 2000s would be great. Those shows are too good to just forget about.

Except Roundhouse. That show was pretty lame.

Early 2000s???

What about the early 80's Nick? So we can include such classics as Danger Mouse,Mr.Wizard,Out of Control,Count Duckula,Banana Man and of course the ever so trashy but amazing 'You can't do that on television'?

DocWhiskey

Of course, metalinvader! You could put whatever you want on the channel because right now it is fiction :( .

Finn

Staff member
Created a new thread for your heavy OT children's programme memories from the tattoo thread... something you could have considered doing from the get-go.

Anyway, feel free to continue this captivating discussion.

DocWhiskey

Finn said:
Created a new thread for your heavy OT children's programme memories from the tattoo thread... something you could have considered doing from the get-go.

Anyway, feel free to continue this captivating discussion.

Haha. Sorry about that. Thanks, Finn!

Anyway...

Anyone remember the Nickelodeon game show "Legends of the Hidden Temple"? It seemed Indy inspired.

The Drifter

DocWhiskey said:

Anyway...

Anyone remember the Nickelodeon game show "Legends of the Hidden Temple"? It seemed Indy inspired.

Yes, I also read somewhere that Legends of the Hidden Temple borrowed alot of elements from Indiana Jones (as if it's not obvious enough already).
That show had one of the hardest last challenges ever. That temple was a pain to get through with all those puzzles and natives running around.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DocWhiskey said:

Anyway...

YES!

It was my favourite game show of all time! I always wished that I could have been a contestant (though there was no chance in hell for that!).

I used to watch Count Duckula when I was little though it was on Free to Air TV here and I even had a figure of Count Duckula.

My favourites were "Are You Afraid of the Dark?", "Eerie Indiana" (which I never missed an episode of!), "Clarissa Explains It All" (Melissa Joan Hart in her pre- Sabrina days), "The Adventures of Pete & Pete", "Have you got Guts?" (Another game show) and "Rocko's Modern Life".

The Drifter

I remember all of those, but I have not thought of Eerie, Indiana in a long time.
One episode that sticks out the most is one where this girl bought a pencil. She was great at drawing and with this pencil whatever she drew came to life.
Her dad and brothers were mean to her and she drew them in different scenes.
Been a long time since I seen this show or even thought about it!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Legends of the Hidden Temple

DocWhiskey said:
Anyone remember the Nickelodeon game show "Legends of the Hidden Temple"?
Somebody did:
Nickelodeon announced a TV movie version... three siblings who break away from a lackluster tour in a jungle, finding themselves immersed in a high-stakes adventure involving obstacles that they must complete in order to escape alive. It will feature elements of the original show, including Olmec, The Steps of Knowledge and cameos from a green monkey, red jaguar and silver snakes, among others. Original host Kirk Fogg is also to return, as a fictionalized version of himself.