Bazooka and other heavy ordnance - Empire magazine photos

trippweeder

Any chance - any at all - that the Spalko pic comes from the opening sequence?

1 Indy could be confronted by Spalko at the very start ala Belloq in Raiders.

2 He's all grubby and dirty here whereas he's pretty clean in the other photos we've seen, which we have to assume are taken from latter scenes. Maybe he has his gear cleaned in the interim, hence the disturbingly spotless pants from other shots.

3 Is that pic taken in New Mexico, where it has been rumoured the movie opens (Roswell).

Dr. Gonzo

Michael24 said:
Cool pic! I'm actually excited that Andrew Divoff is in this. He's one of my favorite character actors, though it seems the poor guy hardly ever gets to play a good guy. Haha!!

And an observation: I know those are the Russians, but does that one patch on their uniform say "US Army?" Perhaps they disguise themselves as such in order to get closer to Indy and then capture him?

I started a thread a while ago discussing that theory. Look for it under "Pavel Lychnikoff's role?"

TheLastCrusader

Thanks, here it is in its full size...
X1100tmp1.gif

This actually looks less like a production photo and more lika a screenshot I think (y) . It isn't a screenshot, but it definitely looks very good.
Can't wait for Empire to get here (sometime next week)

Last edited:

trippweeder

TheLastCrusader said:
Thanks, here it is in its full size...
X1100tmp1.gif

This actually looks more like a screenshot than a production photo, which is good, but it prabably isn't though.

Can't wait for Empire to get here (sometime next week)

Marshall has some interesting hints to share in the magazine. Nothing definitive, but tantalising.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
And I think this photo confirms the rumor that Andrew Divoff (soldier on the left) is indeed in Indy 4!
Yes, his name was mentioned on IMDb.com, but that doesn't count as a confirmation, not for me.

And same goes for Pavel Lychnikoff, he's the soldier on the right.

Great photo by the way!!

Last edited:

WhipItGood

It looks to me like Spalko is bargaining with someone out of view, given her intense stare away from Indy. IF this is indeed taking place in the warehouse, and if that syncs with the promo photo of Shia and Karen amid the crates from the VF article... could this be a moment where Spalko is asking either Mutt or Marion (or both) to hand over what they've got to spare Indy's life? That happens quite a lot in the films, and Indy sure looks pissed off and powerless to stop it, for the moment anyway.

sandiegojones

This is the most "Indy" looking photo yet! This appears to have been shot while filming which is why the lighting and costumes are properly dressed.

TheLastCrusader

sandiegojones said:
This is the most "Indy" looking photo yet! This appears to have been shot while filming which is why the lighting and costumes are properly dressed.
I agree, best Indy 4 photo so far.

Ska

Yeah, so this picture did it for me. I am OFFICIALLY excited for this movie. It finally sank in that there is going to be a new Indiana Jones movie in less than 4 months! 4 MONTHS!!!

Oh yeah! It's gonna be a great summer!

BTW, thanks Mike for "fixing" the pic! Looks great!