Bazooka and other heavy ordnance - Empire magazine photos

deckard24

Does anyone know if this is the issue with the free KotCS poster in it? This issue I know has Hellboy on the cover and the Indy pics and article, but can anyone vouch for the poster inside?

BTW, Ford looks awesome in that pic! You gotta love his signature Indy scowl!

Last edited:

trippweeder

deckard24 said:
Does anyone know if this is the issue with the free KotCS poster in it? This issue I know has Hellboy on the cover and the Indy pics and article, but can anyone vouch for the poster inside?

BTW, Ford looks awesome in that pic! You gotta love his signature Indy scowl!

No, it was last month's.

Last edited:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
That's funny. Looks like the pic taken by belzig (who posted it here first) is now the one and only shot of the image that's used all over the internet.

Flannery10

Wow, it's about time things get going and now we get 2 photos in a row and it seems like the trailer isn't too far away anymore.
Awesome pic, can't wait to see that movie coming out!:gun:

trippweeder

torao said:
That's funny. Looks like the pic taken by belzig (who posted it here first) is now the one and only shot of the image that's used all over the internet.

I'm oddly chuffed that the scan-job I did is on theraider.net page. I really am delighted by it.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
trippweeder said:
I'm oddly chuffed that the scan-job I did is on theraider.net page. I really am delighted by it.

Arrgh ;) Shame on me for missing that. Let's spread it right now.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
trippweeder said:

Ah, I wasn't sure who took this particular scan at the time I posted the message. Now I know whom to credit.

It was the best scan I could find. So thanks a lot for the good scan job! :D

Mike Dowswell

trippweeder said:

Congradualtions man :)

I kept going with your scan dude, but it's just too tricky to fix the page parting. I mean it can be done and I did do one (not this one below)...but the one I've not posted looks a bit dodgy.

Sword_03.jpg

Last edited:

Rayder

cool pic
Mr. Ford looks good in this photo
I am super excited, and can not wait for the trailer
Hope the trailer is going have some good shots like this picture in it

-Jones-

Then look at this /made by Grethe from harrisonfordweb/:

[edit: No HFweb piccies please, they don't like us hogging their bandwith.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Brody

SKAbatula said:
Yeah, so this picture did it for me. I am OFFICIALLY excited for this movie. It finally sank in that there is going to be a new Indiana Jones movie in less than 4 months! 4 MONTHS!!!

Oh yeah! It's gonna be a great summer!

BTW, thanks Mike for "fixing" the pic! Looks great!

What he said. Not much to b!tch about in a photo like that.

. . .execpt that's Cate's patented Elizabeth glare.

I think it's time to sign off this Spoilers section.

Blue Jay

Hmm, just noticed some big white letters on the right and a whole lotta trucks in the background. Yeah, i am a little slow, just saw indy and spalko at first :p

Seems to me that this is an american military facilitiy and most likely something like area 51 where top men could be working ;)
It is weird that spalko is there. I just cant think of a reason how a russian in a military position could be so freely in the us at that time.
On the other hand, this could be just an american outpost somewhere and indy fighting his way to that place...

I just wondered, did we ever see indy take off his jacket because indy is not wearing his jacket at this time.
I think only in raiders and tod did we see him without his jacket and in LC he had it on the whole time. Please correct me if i am wrong!
Not wearing the jacket did not necessarily need a reason, i.e. the street scene in cairo.
But i think it is good this time, seems more fitting, meaning the action could be more demanding this time.

NileQT87

those actors are all either russian or speak russian. they wouldn't hire russians to play american soldiers--they'd just go grab military-looking american actors. they are russkies in disguise.

i'd say they are the ones sneaking around and indy is out to stop them. or they are all sneaking around looking for the same thing. blanchett is the only one not really trying to fit in. interestingly--one of the disguise uniforms there says "...evelt" as in (likely) "roosevelt".

also note that they've finally unbuttoned harrison's shirt to the way it appears in the majority of the franchise (last crusade's tie and the slashed-to-the-waist and armless looks aside). also, the shirt looks a lot sweatier or dirtier than we've seen in most of the pictures so far. it doesn't look so freshly pressed, at least.

NileQT87

imo, the teaser poster had a lot of people saying how the poster looked like a much younger ford than how he really is. the ford in this picture is the same age-looking as the one that appears in the teaser poster. ditto with the mexico or peru arrival shot.