Destroying the MacGuffin

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
OH! Indy could run around trying to dispose of the Skull which is remarkably resillient...

Hilarity ensues!

All while "Yakety Sax" plays! (The Benny Hill Theme).

Hey, they could even speed up the film so it needn't last too long. :gun:

Goodeknight

Well, the Crystal Skull is more than an 'object of power.' It's basically a sentient being, or part of the greater sentient being(s) hive, or whatever that crap was supposed to mean.

So Indy destroying it would be like him hacking apart a defenseless alien head. Not cool. Now, if they were bent on destroying Earth that might be different. But it's not a redline telephone to God. It's a living head!

"Dad, what are you doing? It's crying little crystal tears."
"Shut up, Junior, I'm saving the world!"

Montana Smith

goodeknight said:
Well, the Crystal Skull is more than an 'object of power.' It's basically a sentient being, or part of the greater sentient being(s) hive, or whatever that crap was supposed to mean.

So Indy destroying it would be like him hacking apart a defenseless alien head. Not cool. Now, if they were bent on destroying Earth that might be different. But it's not a redline telephone to God. It's a living head!

Hive conjures up thoughts of another, more interesting skull. There'd be no problem with Indy taking a machete to the living version of one of those.

Apart from some acid burns.

P2-the_alien_skull-1-.png

goodeknight said:
Yeah, a sentient being that didn't give two sh!ts about Indy, Marion, Ox or Mutt...I think Montana is about to have a change of heat regarding the film!

goodeknight said:
So Indy destroying it would be like him hacking apart a defenseless alien head. Not cool.
See sentiment above...

goodeknight said:
"Dad, what are you doing? It's crying little crystal tears." "Shut up, Junior, I'm saving the world!"
The Skull that cried diamond tears...Willie would have been handy in THAT fight.

Forbidden Eye

Dr. Gonzo said:
You don't like The Shawshank Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Green Mile or The Mist? (and to a lesser extent A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors?) :eek:

Shawshank Redemption is adequate but overrated. Can't stand the others you've mentioned(haven't gotten around to watching Walking Dead).

His script for Indy 4 was interesting, but still had issues(it was actually his idea to bring back Marion).

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
GeorgeLucasStevenSpielbergPEOPLETIMEn7nVcfH0JN6l.jpg

You can see here how Steven is under the spell of George. It's not hard to imagine how Harry was hynotized, too.

George is the MacGuffin.

Nice.

The alternate metaphorical interpretation, of course, is that they couldn't agree on where to look for the picture.

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
Nice.

The alternate metaphorical interpretation, of course, is that they couldn't agree on where to look for the picture.

That's nice, too. But there's just a little too much subservient adoration in the picture. Steven has eyes for one man only!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
That's nice, too. But there's just a little too much subservient adoration in the picture. Steven has eyes for one man only!

There's definitely something off-putting about the expression they caught Spielberg with. As with the fridge, Steven is trying to pass off having a double chin as his idea first.

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
There's definitely something off-putting about the expression they caught Spielberg with. As with the fridge, Steven is trying to pass off having a double chin as his idea first.

Very true, but George is still winning by volume. (Bigger and louder than a bullfrog as well I'd imagine).

Indie House

I think paying homage to the previous Indy films was part of Crystal Skull's downfall. I'd hate to see this mistake repeated...

Indy's brother said:
New Villian: "Go ahead, blow it up--"
Indy: "OK."
Indy blows the thing up with a dead serious grimace.

I could see it. It would be a nice little bookend if done right, and no one would see it coming.