Ideas for new season of Young Indy

metalinvader

Indy's little sister was mentioned in the episode when they go to China when Indy gets sick.She died when Indy was very young.

Flannery10

metalinvader said:
Indy's little sister was mentioned in the episode when they go to China when Indy gets sick.She died when Indy was very young.

Really? I have never seen that episode (plan to but the new DVD box though) but I have also checked a couple of indy timelines. The Death of his sister wasn't on any of those, so you caught me by surprise there.
I think it also explains the father/son relationship between indy and henry jones sr a little more. Henry sr. never got over the death of his daughter and then he lost his wife a couple years later. Very sad part of indys life and thanks for letting me know about the china episode.

Junior Jones

Flannery10 said:
Just finished 1905. Great ideas about teaching Indy about racism in the USA. Did you make up his little sister or was that mentioned anywhere in the official Indiana Jones merchandise? And are you planning on writing more episodes? Would love to read some more stories you have written.

Thanks for the feedback. Metalinvader already answered your question about Susie. That one line from the China episode always stuck in my head.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm deep into some research for another episode, but I don't know how long it will be until it's done. I have a family and a full-time job, and writing's only a hobby.

I don't want to reveal anything yet, but I have a setting picked out and some historical characters I'm reading up on. The biggest roadblock right now is coming up with a solid plot to tie these things together.

Stoo

NoCamels said:
Was there an episode planned about the Titanic, too or is that just a rumor?
In addition to the "Young Reader" book that metalinvader posted, I'm quite sure
I remember a mention of the Titanic in the bio of Ms. Seymour included on
The Official Indiana Jones website. Unfortunately, the site has completely
changed...but because of this, it's highly likely there was a planned story.

Does anyone know if those "old" pages are still accessible?

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
In addition to the "Young Reader" book that metalinvader posted, I'm quite sure I remember a mention of the Titanic in the bio of Ms. Seymour included on The Official Indiana Jones website.

Actually, Miss Seymour was in Titanic Adventure (the book metalinvader mentioned) and that's likely where the reference came from on the official site.

Stoo

Junior Jones said:
Actually, Miss Seymour was in Titanic Adventure (the book metalinvader mentioned) and that's likely where the reference came from on the official site.
You are most likely correct. I was aware that she was in the story but
what I found curious was the mention of the Titanic being one of the
few extra details (in ALL the bios) that was taken from outside the films
or the TV show.

In any case, glad to see that people are enjoying your stories.:)

Flannery10

Although a Titanic episode would have been great, you have to admit that this would have been quiet expensive (for one 45 minute episode). I know, that they probably wouldn't have shown all the sinking details, which made "Titanic" so expensive, but still.

I completely agree with you, though. Who doesn't want to see Indy on the Titanic? Wasn't the book only half about the Titanic and the other half in London with Conan Doyle, or am I on the wrong book? Please let me know

NoCamels

I agree, if they were thinking of having Indy on the Titanic when it sank, it would have been a great but extremely expensive episode. But they also could have done something like Indy rides the Titanic and meets some famous people like (Unsinkable) Molly Brown. At the Titanic's last stop in Cobh, Ireland, he gets in trouble, and causes Miss Seymour & his parents to miss the boat while dealing with / finding him. Not as exciting as watching the ship go down, but I think it would fit in with some of the other episodes.

Junior Jones

Flannery10 said:
Wasn't the book only half about the Titanic and the other half in London with Conan Doyle, or am I on the wrong book? Please let me know

Part of the first chapter is preliminary to boarding the ship and it does mention Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the majority of the book takes place on board the Titanic.

Flannery10

I recently found this movie poster

It's a poster of Sean Patrick Flanery's newest film and the guy in the bottom right corner is Flanery. He's 42 now and it's the most recent picture I have seen of him. In my opinion he looks pretty good and even a little like Harrison Ford and since most people considered the George Hall bookends to be bad, he could do them for a new season, in the style of Ford's Mystery of the Blues bookend, with some action. Since Flanery usually appears in TV productions it shouldn't be a problem.

What do you think of the picture? Would Flanery be a good candidate to do the bookends and would you like to see action bookends or did you prefer the ones in George Hall's style?

Adamwankenobi

Flannery10 said:
Although a Titanic episode would have been great, you have to admit that this would have been quiet expensive (for one 45 minute episode). I know, that they probably wouldn't have shown all the sinking details, which made "Titanic" so expensive, but still.

I completely agree with you, though. Who doesn't want to see Indy on the Titanic? Wasn't the book only half about the Titanic and the other half in London with Conan Doyle, or am I on the wrong book? Please let me know

It would have been cool though if Indy and his family could have made a cameo in James Cameron's film. For instance, at one point early in Cameron's film, Indy and his family could pass by on the deck while Jack is showing Rose his paintings, and Indy makes a remark about how Jack's paintings look as good as those his friend Norman (Rockwell) drew back in Paris.

Flannery10

Adamwankenobi said:
It would have been cool though if Indy and his family could have made a cameo in James Cameron's film. For instance, at one point early in Cameron's film, Indy and his family could pass by on the deck while Jack is showing Rose his paintings, and Indy makes a remark about how Jack's paintings look as good as those his friend Norman (Rockwell) drew back in Paris.

Now they could make it the other way around, that Indy encounters Jack and Rose in the Titanic episode :)

oki9Sedo

Adamwankenobi said:

I think a Titanic episode would have been good, if very expensive, but having Indiana Jones wander into James Cameron's film would have been really stupid.

Imagine Spiderman wandering into frame in The Departed..."Hey Billy, good job on those Guinea hoods!"

Adamwankenobi

oki9Sedo said:
I think a Titanic episode would have been good, if very expensive, but having Indiana Jones wander into James Cameron's film would have been really stupid.

I disagree. You're talking about two completely different stories, while I'm talking about two similar stories. The film Titanic was somewhat similar to Young Indy in its concept. First off, both stories are being told by elderly people in the 1990s. Additionally, Rose and Jack are fictional characters created by Cameron for the film. There were some characters based on real people (Captain Smith, Molly Brown, the ship's creator's, etc.) from the early 20th century that the fictional characters encounter, and the story is based on real events of the early 20th century. So, I don't think it would have been that big of a stretch to have a Jones family cameo in the film.

On a side note, I re-watched the film today when it aired on TV, and laughed when I noticed a young boy dressed like Young Indy walking by when Jack is showing Rose his paintings. You later see the same boy running on deck, playing with some kind of yo yo.

Flannery10

Violet Indy said:
One Idea, one word: MARION!!!!

Yeah, that's why I want to see a 3rd Season of Young Indy. Because many planned episodes would have featured characters from the movies, including Belloq and Abner Ravenwood., so I guess there's a pretty good chance, we would have seen a younger Marion, too.
There were rumors about Sallah and Brody episodes but those were never confirmed, Abner and Belloq were. It's sad that there are 22 films (44 episodes) of Young Indiana Jones, but except Indy and his father, there's not a single character from the movies in them.
But now Indy 4 is coming and we all know that Karen Allen returns as Marion, so that's something you should look forward to, Violet.

Flannery10

Oh and I want to have another opinion of yours. Would you want the Old Indy bookends for a new season or would you prefer 90 minute films, like the re-edits. Because if they would do them with some kind of connection now, they wouldn't look fake and wrong like the re-edited versions do.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Flannery10 said:
Oh and I want to have another opinion of yours. Would you want the Old Indy bookends for a new season or would you prefer 90 minute films, like the re-edits. Because if they would do them with some kind of connection now, they wouldn't look fake and wrong like the re-edited versions do.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Old Indy bookends. So I would have those. In fact, I have the perfect bookends in mind for the Indy and Marion episode, which would fit into the original series.

metalinvader

Violet Indy said:
Personally, I'm a fan of the Old Indy bookends. So I would have those. In fact, I have the perfect bookends in mind for the Indy and Marion episode, which would fit into the original series.

Well,Care to share?:D