Jurassic World

TheFedora

This happened. Controversial in the JP fandom because Joss Whedon called this clip sexist, then retracted his comments. After much thought, I think its allright.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MfZwU24LWIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

TheFedora

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aJJrkyHas78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is so epic beyond words.

Dust McAlan

This film has had my attention since the first trailer.

While The Lost World and JP 3 were okay films (I actually really like TLW despite all it's strange Spielbergian flaws), nothing I think has really come close to capturing the wonder and awe of the first Jurassic Park, but boy oh golly does this. When I saw the first trailer, my jaw dropped, and I thought, "They actually opened the park." John Hammond's dream came true -- and he was right. Except, of course, it couldn't just be right. It had to be proven false. And wow, it looks horrifically fantastically awesomely false.

Indominus Rex? Tamed raptors? Yes, please, thank you more.

Along with the Force Awakens trailer, this has me believing in adventure again. Batman V Superman, however....well....that's a different thread.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
They bio-engineered a fast growing tropical sequoia.
[bwaaah]
Earth's lumber demand is has been supplied indefinitely.
[bwaaah]
But they didn't expect... larger than average bark beetles.

(I know, the sequoias were already there in Lost World.)

TheFedora

Jurassic World is now in full blown marketing with only 20 days left to go. Anyways about 15 tv spots in total are now circulating so I'll spare you all that.

But this. Is the second official clip from the movie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EZ7gABNxlxg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheFedora said:
This happened. Controversial in the JP fandom because Joss Whedon called this clip sexist, then retracted his comments.

What do you guys think?

I think I wouldn't be sorry if Weedon shut his gob and retired to make more Shakespeare in his back yard with his pretentious friends.

Last edited:

Udvarnoky

I'm getting deja vu about the broken promise of Indiana Jones 4 making extremely scarce use of CGI. JP4 was similarly hyped for dusting off the animatronics, but the trailer make it clear that they turned to the computers basically full-time.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Chris Pratt's character is the chubby kid that Alan Grant frightens at the beginning of the original film. Grant tells hims to "have a little respect" for raptors, and in the trailers for Jurassic World, Pratt's character describes his relationships with the parks raptors as "a relationship based on respect".

hqdefault.jpg

Chris-Pratt-Jurassic-World1.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
They should have gotten the original Volunteer Boy then, probably became a hunk like Jerry O'Connell after Stand by Me. Or... not. Nearly the same age as Pratt though.

Dr. Gonzo

TheFedora said:
Just saw the film.

7.5/10.

After all that hype coming from you, that's all you had to say about it?

And seeing as you're the guy who posts most often in this thread, your number is likely inflated a point or two compared to the average joe's rating...

Sounds like another mediocre entry.
...and apparently it looks like a few folks agree with that sentiment.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...assic-world-movie-review-20150610-column.html

http://www.thewrap.com/jurassic-world-review-chris-pratt-bryce-dallas-howard-vincent-donofrio/

I'll still be seeing for myself in theaters, but expectations have dropped on my end.
(not that they were sky high in the first place)

Dr. Gonzo said:

That's the curve..."mediocre" is not just "passible," it's practically "good" for the standard of movies today.

If everything is terrible, then nothing is! (y)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
I'll still be seeing for myself in theaters, but expectations have dropped on my end.

Swing by Casa De Palehorse on July 3rd. We're hosting the Original in our backyard for all the neighbors/kids on a blue ray HD projector with a 12x5 screen. I'll be manning the grill....

I'll post pics for the out-of-area folks here who will be missing the fun.

It's a precursor event to the titular film titled herein, as a warm-up, so to speak. That is, if it's still in the theaters after 2 weeks.

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
Swing by Casa De Palehorse on July 3rd. We're hosting the Original in our backyard for all the neighbors/kids on a blue ray HD projector with a 12x5 screen. I'll be manning the grill....

I'll post pics for the out-of-area folks here who will be missing the fun.

It's a precursor event to the titular film titled herein, as a warm-up, so to speak. That is, if it's still in the theaters after 2 weeks.

You know, after much talk between you and I... I just might show up. :hat:
(Don't quote me yet, have to make sure dates are-- well you know.)

And since it's July 3rd, you'll probably recognize me as the man dressed in Morrison/Mad Max style black leather fatigues, who earlier scolded his uber driver when he pulled up to the pad for not making "an entrance" -- I'll be quietly mourning Morrison's death date in the back row of your screening, a slight hint of liquid courage on my breath, waiting for some choice BBQ and trying not to frighten the kiddies.

TheFedora

Dr. Gonzo said:

And seeing as you're the guy who posts most often in this thread, your number is likely inflated a point or two compared to the average joe's rating...

...and apparently it looks like a few folks agree with that sentiment.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...assic-world-movie-review-20150610-column.html

http://www.thewrap.com/jurassic-world-review-chris-pratt-bryce-dallas-howard-vincent-donofrio/

Well I am seeing the film again tomorrow but...I thought it was a good movie. Better then JP3, not better then TLW. Not 10/10 as people are saying, its not a masterpiece its good for what it is.

Lambonius

TheFedora said:
Better then JP3, not better then TLW.

Is TLW supposed to be the second best one or something? I was always under the impression that both TLW and JP3 were universally considered crap.

Stoo

Dr. Gonzo said:
Bwa-ha! Now that TheFedora has seen the movie and got it out of his system with those couple of words & numbers, my question is: Will he continue to mention "Jurassic Park" or that "Pratt" prat in all of his posts about Indiana Jones?:confused:

Intrigued? Tune in next week! Same Jurassic time! Same Jurassic channel!:eek:
Dr. Gonzo said:
Seeing as he's a guy who thinks the 3rd entry "ruined the fr_____se", his rating for this one means squat to me, personally.
Dr. Gonzo said:
I'll be going, too. A good philosophy for sequels is to always keep your expectations really low. That way, you may be pleasantly surprised!:)
Lambonius said:
Is TLW supposed to be the second best one or something? I was always under the impression that both TLW and JP3 were universally considered crap.
Well, not "universally". As far as I'm concerned, the 3rd movie is one of the best dino flicks to date.

TheFedora

Lambonius said:

I liked TLW a lot. It really expanded a lot on the darker themes of the first movie... really had a good plot with lots of things to ponder. JP3 was a mindless chase movie and nearly killed the franchise.

Stoo, I am a Jurassic Fanboy I admit, but if Pratt's not right for the role and his professed ignorance/ repeated denials make me think he's not the one.