Indiana Jones and the Norse Gods

otto rahn

ClintonHammond said:
The Vinland map IS real...

And L'Anse aux Meadows is already FULL of artifacts that PROVE the Vikings were on North American soil around 1000 AD
Fair enough, but was L'Anse aux Meadows discovered in Indy;s time period or later ? Would the theory of a Viking discovery of North America be accepted at the time Indy was operating (say pre 1950's ?)

"Last I heard the Vinland Map is still a matter of hot debate amongst experts."

You need to recheck your sources, and maybe reconsider who you refer to as an 'expert'

otto rahn

ClintonHammond said:
"Last I heard the Vinland Map is still a matter of hot debate amongst experts."

You need to recheck your sources, and maybe reconsider who you refer to as an 'expert'
Well ONE of us does .

otto rahn

"A fact" ? Really ? Do you have any evidence that absolutely everyone agrees with this "fact" because I have seen evidence that suggests that not everyone does. Or is it just that the people YOU respect (and yourself) agree with it , therefore making it a "fact" ? "Clint" is a fairly common shortening of "Clinton" Don't you like it ? Nothing wrong with my perceptions my boy, but feel free to think there is ! My "perception" is that you need to lighten up.

The people who want to try to cast dispersions on the Vinland map are to a man the same kind of delusional or agenda'd people who try to say that we never landed on the moon.

Their arguments are, to a one, a load of hogwash.

""Clint" is a fairly common shortening of "Clinton""
Do I shorten your name without your permission? Where the FK do you get off thinking you have any right to be so familiar with me?

"My "perception" is that you need to lighten up."
You can lighten this up by sucking very hard on it.

otto rahn

ClintonHammond said:
The people who want to try to cast dispersions on the Vinland map are to a man the same kind of delusional or agenda'd people who try to say that we never landed on the moon.

Their arguments are, to a one, a load of hogwash.

""Clint" is a fairly common shortening of "Clinton""
Do I shorten your name without your permission? Where the FK do you get off thinking you have any right to be so familiar with me?

"My "perception" is that you need to lighten up."
You can lighten this up by sucking very hard on it.
Really Clint you sem to be very agro at the moment. Why ? Why the gratuitous insult in your last line ? You are of the opinion that the "debate" over the Vinland map is "a load of hogwash". Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However the debate still exists, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Just because you have made up your mind doesn't mean that everybody else has. However you should feel free to rail against the world if it pleases you ! I'll "think I have any rights" that I want to. If you don't like it that's your problem.

Stoo

Don't waste your time with him, Otto. It's not worth it.
Unless, of course, you're looking to "try the local sewer"
(as Dr. Jones would put it).

To answer your query from before, I believe the 1st
excavations at L'Anse-aux-Meadows started in 1968.

If you're looking for an excellent tale in the same vein,
then may I suggest the fantastic 1974 Disney film,
"Island at the Top of the World". A Jules Verne style
adventure about the discovery of living Vikings which
is based on a book, "The Lost Ones", by Ian Cameron.
Maybe you know it?

Last edited:

otto rahn

"Island On Top Of The World" (I need a "scratch head" icon !) I THINK that I may have seen it, many years ago one sunday afternoon on television. Is there an airship involved in it somewhere ? (Oh and thanks for the advice !):hat:

"the debate still exists"
Not in any meaningful form (See the debate over the moon landing. The only people debating it are morons)

"I'll "think I have any rights" that I want to"
You HAVE the right to be as dumb, or as deluded as you want to be... Just don't expect me to give your opinions ANY weight at all.

otto rahn

ClintonHammond said:
"the debate still exists"
Not in any meaningful form (See the debate over the moon landing. The only people debating it are morons)

"I'll "think I have any rights" that I want to"
You HAVE the right to be as dumb, or as deluded as you want to be... Just don't expect me to give your opinions ANY weight at all.[/QUOT I really don't care what weight you give any opinion. YOUR opinion carries no weight either. You also have the right to be dumb and deluded, and to display those traits on internet boards; something that you do constantly here Clint !:)

otto rahn

Stoo said:
Yes, the beautiful "Hyperion". Sounds like you've seen the film!
Yes , some time ago as I said. I think that it may have been a "Sunday Afternoon Movie" on television. They used to put on "adventure" movie on sunday afternoons on Sydney television some years ago, and many of them were the sort of film that might appeal to an "Indy" fan. "Mysterious Island" and "Captain Nemo and The Underwater City" were a couple of others I remember seing on a sunday afternoon. "Free to air" television doesn't seem to do it any more.

otto rahn

Oh yes "Stoo" We need more airships in period adventures ! "Last Crusade" had one so I doubt that "Indy 4" will, but it was good to see the "home made" looking airship in "The Mummy Returns" !:)

"something that you do constantly here"
Quote one....

I'm still waiting to hear ANY quality, peer-accepted debate on The Vinland Map....

I'm not holding my breath that you'll be able to provide any.

Instead, you'll just keep slinging your pathetic little attempts at ad hominem.

nezobiwan

otto rahn said:
Really Clint you sem to be very agro at the moment. Why ? Why the gratuitous insult in your last line ? You are of the opinion that the "debate" over the Vinland map is "a load of hogwash". Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However the debate still exists, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Just because you have made up your mind doesn't mean that everybody else has. However you should feel free to rail against the world if it pleases you ! I'll "think I have any rights" that I want to. If you don't like it that's your problem.

Wow, so I'm not the only one who has issues with this guy. May I make a suggestion that I so recently followed myself?

This message is hidden because ClintonHammond is on your ignore list.

Unless you like the confrontations--I'm only making a suggestion. Frankly, I'm getting bored and irritated with it. The ratio of useful writing and inflammatory/insulting writing that comes from CH is a bit out of balance for my tastes. Somewhere around 1:10. I'd rather waste my time having fun than getting irritated over one man's petty, meaningless comments.

It really is a shame; my first impression of the guy had me thinking he was pretty cool. :(

"my first impression of the guy had me thinking he was pretty cool"
Shows what your first impressions are worth.

On the other hand, my first impression of you was BANG on the money, and I wear being on your ignore list, like a badge of honour.