Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Henry W Jones

kongisking said:
So, Season Five ended with a helluva good episode, in which Darth Sidious finally decides to deal with the meddlesome Maul himself.

This was not the season finale.

AndyLGR said:
I guess the focus will be on the new movies now, it'll be interesting to see if any future episodes get a dvd release. But without them being featured on the cartoon network then I wonder how wide an audience they could get if they were just confined to being internet only episodes from now on.

For anyone that watched season 5 did it leave it as a cliffhanger or was it left a convienient termination point for moving on to ROTS?

Without any spoilers they ended where there is no cliffhanger and it wraps up loose ends.

kongisking

Henry W Jones said:
This was not the season finale.

Yeah, I realized my error not long after posting that. Whoops. :eek:

The true finale was, in my opinion, fantastically executed. Poignant and somber in its implications. And it is a shame in some ways that TCW will not be returning. But on the other hand, the ending of this season works just fine as a climax to the series overall. So it's not that awful, in my mind.

But yeah, I'd love to see Maul as Episode VII's baddie. That would be, forgive me here, "so wizard!" :p

Henry W Jones

kongisking said:
Yeah, I realized my error not long after posting that. Whoops. :eek:

The true finale was, in my opinion, fantastically executed. Poignant and somber in its implications. And it is a shame in some ways that TCW will not be returning. But on the other hand, the ending of this season works just fine as a climax to the series overall. So it's not that awful, in my mind.

But yeah, I'd love to see Maul as Episode VII's baddie. That would be, forgive me here, "so wizard!" :p

I hope the opposite. He is a great villian and the episodes of TCW were fun but he was cut in fricking half. Qui Gon gets stabbed and dies while Maul is cut in half and lives. Too far fetch for me.

kongisking

Henry W Jones said:
I hope the opposite. He is a great villian and the episodes of TCW were fun but he was cut in fricking half. Qui Gon gets stabbed and dies while Maul is cut in half and lives. Too far fetch for me.

I don't think so. The only reason Maul survived was by drawing on the Dark Side to sustain his life. Can you see Qui-Gon doing such to survive a stab wound? Not a chance in Corellian Hell, I think. Besides, didn't Palpatine himself say that the Dark Side is a pathway to 'unnatural abilities'?

Lance Quazar

I stayed away from this show for the most part after season 2. Dropped in to watch "spider Maul" and was again turned off.

However, the three part finale was truly excellent, as was the OTHER Maul (Sidious/Satine/Obi Wan) episode this season (referenced above in this thread.) Holy crap, this show, while wildly inconsistent, did really have some terrific episodes.

Will I miss it? Well, maybe I'll go back and fill in some of the large gaps. I'm not particularly sad it's ending, but I am impressed with what they were able to achieve.

jsarino

^^^I finally started re-watching the series as well. I'm kicking myself for not following it in that chronological order. But I only finished the 1st season, so I suppose I can do a mulligan. :D

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Finished it! Excellent visuals and plotting throughout. Some Indy references in Season 6 ("Look what you did!"). [Spoilers:] Ewan McGregor loses Satine before their duet. Ahsoka Tano walks away and avoids (?) mass Jedi-cide. The Jedi learn the clones are microchipped, and by the Sith, but never put two and two together. The midichlorian / force ghost business is better explained. At one point I thought they would hint at Luke & Leia's conception, but nope. It doesn't lead directly into Episode III like the Tartakovsky version.

Trans-galactic hologram reception is clear and instantaneous, yet a few stories require characters to hand deliver flash drives. I'm gonna let that slide for a show I was afraid would collapse from incongruity like any given season of Star Trek.

Grizzlor

I have watched a few episodes here and there, but I intend on rewatching from the beginning this summer when I have time. Always felt it was well done, despite my dislike for CGI.

jsarino

Moedred said:
A few details about the scripted but unproduced seasons 7 and 8. Maybe Marvel comics someday...?

Thanks for sharing this! That's some revelation to find out that Seasons 7 and 8 were already written. Yeah, maybe we could see these stories unfold in comic book form.

kongisking

jsarino said:
Thanks for sharing this! That's some revelation to find out that Seasons 7 and 8 were already written. Yeah, maybe we could see these stories unfold in comic book form.

I'm sort of with you...and yet, it may be a good thing they never came to be. I mean, the Clone Wars era of Star Wars is already ridiculously crowded with stories. A LOT happened in those three years...

jsarino

kongisking said:
I'm sort of with you...and yet, it may be a good thing they never came to be. I mean, the Clone Wars era of Star Wars is already ridiculously crowded with stories. A LOT happened in those three years...

OK, you may have a point there. :) I would've liked to have seen what happened to Asoka for one, but then Dave Filoni, and Ashley Eckstein have hinted about her reappearing in Rebels.

kongisking

jsarino said:
OK, you may have a point there. :) I would've liked to have seen what happened to Asoka for one, but then Dave Filoni, and Ashley Eckstein have hinted about her reappearing in Rebels.

I'd enjoy her reappearing in that, but I'd personally prefer they wait down the road for that one. I want the show to get a chance to be its own thing and prove its worth without any overt Clone Wars elements stealing its own special thunder.

On a side note, it's so weird that I'm seriously looking forward to Ahsoka returning someday. I remember the days when I was totally indifferent to the character (I never outright joined the hate bandwagon). But damn, those last two seasons really made her something special...

jsarino

kongisking said:
On a side note, it's so weird that I'm seriously looking forward to Ahsoka returning someday. I remember the days when I was totally indifferent to the character (I never outright joined the hate bandwagon). But damn, those last two seasons really made her something special...

I like how her character develops during the course of the series. We probably care because unlike Obi Wan, Anakin, Padme, etc., we don't know what happens to her, especially after Order 66. For me, I'd like to see some kind of resolution with her character at some point.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Tales of the Jedi on Disney+ contains a bonus episode of SkyGuy and Snips. It opens with what seems to the uninitiated to be middle aged dudes on the bleachers watching a teenage girl practicing the equivalent of soccer.