Back to the Future

Lon

Abe Vayoda said:
I remember reading an interview with Bob Gale where he addressed the problem of future Biff altering the past. It was something along the lines that is takes time for the future to catch up to the changes in the past. I also remember seeing a deleted scene where future Biff is "dying" because the changes of the past affect him first.

I don't think so, in the original theatrical release there wasn't a "to be continued". It was added later.

Yeah there was no plan for sequels at the time the first movie was released. In the DVD commentary Bob Gale says, "If we had known there was going to be a sequel we never would have put the girl in the car."

fortuneandglory

Relative Newbie Bumping the Thread....

First off... I love these movies... It's wierd how so many great movies and bad movies came out of the eighties and early nineties. Now we don't get so many great ones, and not so many bad ones either... just somewhere around the middle most of the time...

In any case, I think that time did change, it's just that Doc and Marty left in such a hurry, they didn't notice the change of time. Plus I think they are protected somewhat because they might have travelled back just as the changes were taking effect on the space time continuum. My favorite line?

"I thought, what the hell."

fortuneandglory

Lon said:
Heck Part II violates the entire speech Doc gives in Part I explaining time travel. In Part I where he uses Einstein to test the DeLorean, Doc explains that Einstein "skipped over that minute to arrive at this point in time." Einstein wasn't with Marty and Doc for that minute. He arrive one minute later "and as far as he's concerned the trip was instantaneos." Well in Part II, Marty, Doc and Jennifer skip 30 years but still run into themselves. According to Doc's speech the three would never have been around for that 30 years so they wouldn't have met their older selfs in 2015.

Whoa, mind bender... ok, so what happened to that was... time is based on, in these films, intentions. If they intend to come back, that effects how time is going to be, therefore they are there in the future... Einstein left, but he came back too fast to meet himself in the future where he would have intended to come back to. It was just too fast a time interval... but thats just me spewing crap...

What it really is is the visitation of different dimensions of reality, which seem the same but really are not and effect each other in different decisions made... just read Timeline, and learn about Quantum physics... throw it all together slipshod, and it all works out.

Twilightpro101

There is bad news on the BTTF end of things at Universal Studios Orlando. The long beloved ride based on the trilogy is being removed from the park and replaced by a yet to be unnamed ride. This news was officially released by the Orlando Sentinel back in Oct.

I'm defintely not happy about it as a long time fan of BTTF. Added to the fact that the park is considering adding in The Simpsons in its place.

Twilightpro101

Considering I don't live in Orlando, but have sources that are always updating on both parks -- not affilated with either park officially to be honest since I love in Louisville, Kentucky. As far away as you can get from Florida.

The ride is still open at the moment, but their taking down the theaters and sections in halfs. The park is currently taking down the left side of the ride as we speak.

I really hate to see it go since it's one of the founding components of the park.

First, it was King Kong, which was replaced by The Revenge of The Mummy, then it was Ghostbusters which was replaced by Twister Ride It Out! and now, BTTF.

No Ticket

My favorite? They are all equally good! But the first is probably the best. Maybe. I dunno, I think it's some kind of tie! lol.

A fourth? No. I actually think it has a perfect ending. We've seen enough. Sometimes another brush stroke ruins the painting. I actually thought that about the Indiana Jones series too, but... what the hell.

But it seems like more of a stretch. Doc would probably not still be using a 1985 De Lorean anymore for a time machine and Marty would be pretty old. Plus since it deals with the future, I mean, We aren't THAT far away from 2015. It just wouldn't work. Best left in the past.

Eric Solo

I'm a big fan of BTTF (as you can tell from this stand-up routine of mine:)

Warning: The audio stinks!

I think the first movie was the best.

berelain19

I think the first is still the best,but actually I find them all very exciting and fun to watch.
Biff is just great! The ultimate bully!

Doctor_Jones

I loved the first one.
The second was cool aswell
The third was okay but the thing that made it bad is the lovestory in it.
Back to the Future Four? Not happening. It's done, it's finished. No need for a fourth one. :hat:

Hawkeye

I would have to say the first one, because it was the most original of the three. A real downside to the series was that Zemeckis and Gale recycled just about every joke from the first one into the second and third. The second seemed goofier than the first one, if that makes any sense. Kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. They seemed to take the movies less seriously. With the third one, I really could have done without Doc's love story. They really had a good plot going, with Marty going to 1885 to prevent Doc from dying, but they just ruined it when they introduced Clara into the mix. As for a fourth one, they would be INSANE to try to do another movie without Michael J. Fox, and it just wouldn't be the same without the Delorean, the most rad car EVER!! Besides, they already continued the series in Back to the Future: The Animated Series, although they never did explain how the Delorean was un-destroyed. :confused:

Doctorjones

Finn said:
To start the discussion, there is one thing that has bugged me, in part II.
When old Biff "borrows" DeLorean to visit the past, why does he return the same 2015 he left, if he made some major changes to the events in 1955?

I watched this today for about the tenth time and thought exactly the same thing. I guess Robert didnt think of that. Unless there is some other reason. :D

Michael24

My favorite is the first one (I'm a child of the '80s, so it makes me feel nostalgic when I watch it), though I enjoy the other two just as much. One of my favorite series that I watch regularly.

Kingsley

Back to the Future I...
that's the only movie I could have seen most times than Last Crusade.
All recorded in my mind somewhere... but in spanish ;)

"Maldición.... Maldición, maldición!!"

Niteshade007

I really liked the first one, although I've only seen it a couple of times, and it's been years. I rented the second one and for some reason hated it. I don't remember exactly why, but I do remember not liking it. Last summer, a friend convinced me to watch the third one, and I enjoyed it. I really want to the see the first one again, and maybe I'll give the second one another try.