Top Ten Reasons You Know You're An Indy Geek When...

Perhilion

Lord_glavin said:
You're too scared to walk on any square tiles in case arrows fire at you from either wall
whenever I walk on a tiled floor I really have to fight the urge to hop from one to the other, avoiding the darker ones.:D

indyflys_solo

You know you're an Indy freak (the best kind) when...

You work out by crouching slightly, yelling "KNEEL!" and rolling headfirst in a perfect imitation of Indy's escape from "The Breath of God." (SO guilty of this one... it's pretty much the only exercise I ever do of my own free will, but it works rather well.)

When forced to run, imagining yourself as Indy fleeing the Hovitos around a school track helps (a lot).

You plan on naming my puppy Short Round and calling him Shorty.

Your first daughter's name is going to be Marion (spelled with an "o"). I've actually always liked the name Marion, but seeing Ravenwood was the clincher and my future husband will just have to deal with it. ;)

You periodically get into debates with your friend about how much Indy trumps MacGyver (and you know you're right no matter what).

You buy several Snickers bars and M&Ms just for the packages (but cheerfully discover that the Snickers have coconut...mmmm.... and that the M&Ms have cool Indy-tastic designs).

You are going to BE Marion Ravenwood at the midnight showing on May 21.

You notice that the school librarian is drinking Dr. Pepper and her soda can has Indiana Jones on it... you beg her to drink the rest, then swipe the can while she's not looking. (Oops... If you're reading this, Ms. Messenger, then I'm sorry. Couldn't resist.)

You can recite the whole trilogy on demand and have amused yourself during standardized tests by writing out the scripts, character analyses, and soundtrack titles for ALL the Indy films.

You greet your little brother with "Junior? Is that you?"

You accidentally broke Mom's vase, but then refused to let her clean it up until you identified the cross-sections.
:eek:

You tend to lapse into Elsa's Austrian accent or Henry's Scottish one without even noticing.

Whenever someone says "Giddy as a schoolboy," you immediently launch on a tirade about Attilla the Professor.

You're wary about stepping in puddles of light without waving your hand first.

You actually want to learn Latin to see if all "J"s really start with an "I".

When your history teacher absentmindedly (and unwisely) hums Indy's theme song, you jump out of your chair and start grilling him on his favorite/least favorite parts, characters, etc. until he never wants to teach you history again because you are constantly bringing up Nepal, and Hatay, and Ankara, and Berlin, and Shanghai, and, and, and....

And, best of all...
You belong to the Raven, and you're a total and complete Indiana Jones freak (which is the best kind of freak). :whip:

Team Indy

When you imagine Indiana Jones characters naked for your sexual fantasies.

When you desperately want an Indiana Jones outfit.

When you want to hug Harrison Ford and would tackle him to the ground when you meet him.

When you sing the Indiana Jones theme loudly and randomly in the street decked in full Indy gear.

When you think of the song "I'm in love with a stripper" and then think to yourself, "I want Harrison Ford to be a stripper!"

If Harrison Ford walked down the street, you would... do many interesting things to him.

Dr Bones

Gear said:
You know your an Indy geek when...

you always have at least a good one day stuble on your face.

Yup.

indy34 said:
:

you know your one when you naturally put your hand on your chin as if your looking at the idol while you surf the net

Only upon reading your post have I just realised that I actually do that!!! :eek:

Years ago I decided to name my dog Indy...although as yet I still don't have a dog.

You shout throgh the mail box "we are going to die"
...(We have them in our front doors in the UK)

You take the last beer from the fridge as though it were the Golden Idol.

You make a crate for the hasbro ark out of popsicle sticks and make your self ill eating all the popsciles and making other eat them too. Then as you couldn't face the last one you melted it under the hot tap so you had enough sticks to start building the crate:eek:

You hate snakes. You hate em!

You say "I dunno, I'm makin' this up as I go." whenever your fixing stuff t doing DIY and the Gf asks how's it going?

You say to your kids whilst in expensive shops (waving the Ford finger).."Don't touch anything!"

Some mouth chav/kid is giving it verbal..you imagine him with a sword and you with a gun...

Last edited:

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Team Indy
-When you want to meet the Indiana Jones characters and the actors in real life.

-How about you just want to meet the characters... because they are REAL!!!:eek:
Whistling the slave drivers theme I am so guilty, its just so darn easy to do! And how about the Desert Chase(y) !

You know you're an Indy Geek when...

-You have the film posters hanging somewhere in your home at all times (guilty)
-You saved a special edition Indy 4 cup you got at the theatre for you coke (guilty)
-When you ask everyone with a German accent to say "this is how we say goodbye in Germany!"
-Then you punch the German for being a Nazi:p
-You have a digital copy of Henry's Grail Diary on you desktop (guilty)
-You have at least one of the soundtracks to the movies on you iPod (guilty)
-Everytime you go for a calm drive you feel the erg to throw someone out the windshield and chase randoms on the road (damn straight!)
-In the middle of doing something you wonder how long its been since you greesed your whip! (...and not like that)
-When you way too muh about the Indy movies, comics, novels, games, and general extended 'history' (I'm guilty and proud of it!)

Geez, when I look back on it... I'm such a geek!:hat:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
- When you're willing to pay a few thousand bucks and fly 15,000 km's to go on the ride at Disneyland (again!).

-When you have a whole Youtube playlist of Indiana Jones videos in your Youtube account.

-When you're the token "Indyfan" customer who actually buys all the Indy stuff, and all the stuff you can't afford is still on sale at the comic book store.

-When you quote historic facts after watching Young Indy.

-When you're actually on the Raven working out Indy's future family tree on the YIJC table.

-When you're still arguing over the merits/atrocities of KOTCS with a film buff.

Col. Detritch

You know you're an Indy Geek when...
- When everywhere you go you are followed by creepy red lines
- When you call everyone younger than you that you meet 'Junior'
- When you are still arrguing with other geeks wheather Indy IV is a good film
- Whenever plan a trip to Germany you say "Nazi's... I hate those guys!"
- You practiceyour best 'Ford Finger' every day
- You want to be Indy SOOOO badly but are too chicken for the surgery
- Whipping gets you off!:whip:
:hat:

Indy's brother

Every time you light up a smoke, you pull out Elsa's clover lighter and flip it around in your hand while saying "Why, it feelsh like a shigarette lighter"
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

XanaduEli

intergamer said:
similar ones:

You practice rolling under your garage door as it closes
You practice your IEHOVA jumps on every kitchen floor
You run down the bowling alley in front of the ball

hehe ive done all of those, almost got injured rolling under my friends garage door but that still doesn't stop me from doing it.and i almost got kicked out of the bowling alley,

im quite guilty of
7 6 and 5

although, i only shouted that at the jehovas whitnesses beause they literally refused to leave unless we spoke to them,- well i sure did speak to them

and me and my brother almost got kicked out asda/walmart for running around with the trolleys- we still do it of course

Every time you light up a smoke, you pull out Elsa's clover lighter and flip it around in your hand while saying "Why, it feelsh like a shigarette lighter"

hehe my step-dad does that when lighting candles(y)

Montana Smith

Dr Bones said:
You don't post threads like "Tom Selleck would have made a better Indy"

:mad:

...or you don't write demanding letters to Nintendo, and you don't write "Indi is best", when every geek knows that "Indy is best"! :gun:

Last edited:

XanaduEli

you know when you are an indy geek when you print off sheet music of the raiders march and play it on xylophone then bug your friend to play it on keyboard with string instrument effect on while you play the drums and then o it the other way around.
:p

it makes music class a lot more interesting

IndianaBones

Spend over $1000 on Indy collectibles…

harrison-ford-indiana-jones-standing-ovation-cannes-1.jpg