ebooks

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Henry W Jones said:
Anyone know where to get ebooks of Indy novels? Would love to be able to read them on the go.

Unfortunatley, none of the books are legally available in any "reader" format. So, until they are, I guess we'll all have keep rippling their spines.

Check out the digital thread.:)

Last edited:

Caidanbi

I really wish we could get all the novels in ebook format - I keep requesting them as Kindle books on Amazon.com, like every week. I figure if we all annoy the publishers about it enough, maybe they will release them in that format!

I actually had most of the novels, but because of health problems I can't have books anymore (the ink, papers, glues etc used make me very sick), so I'm desperate to get them in some sort of digital format *sigh*

IndyBr

All the Star Wars novels by Bantan and Dell Rey are being released in digital format, so who knows... hopefully we can get the same treatment with Indy.

The Drifter

IndyBr said:
All the Star Wars novels by Bantan and Dell Rey are being released in digital format, so who knows... hopefully we can get the same treatment with Indy.

Indiana Jones NEVER gets the same treatment as Star Wars. It sucks, but it's true.

Henry W Jones

IndyBr said:

The SW novels are floating around on the net already. I don't remember where exactly but they exist digitally. Might be fans who put them out but they are there. Maybe Indy fans will do the same one day if the powers that be neglect him for SW again.

Caidanbi

I found a few of the novels as ebooks!! If you go to this website and register (it is free and only takes a second, and they don't ask for anything personal, just an email address), you can download these books:

Peril at Delphi
Unicorn's Legacy
Sky Pirates
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Lost Journal of Indiana Jones (in color, with separate file showing the inserts)

I just tried them and they all work! Most of them are in a zip file which contains the book in several formats, like pdf, mobi, epub etc... The journal is in two pdfs, one for the actual journal, one for the inserts, it looks quite nice. I am still looking, so if I find any of the other ones as ebooks I will post the links ^-^

ThrowMeTheWhip

I see someone posted some years back about EPUB versions of the Indiana Jones novels. There are certainly a few circulating, but most of what is out there is automatically rendered by sites like Archive.Org. They are terrible. However the other month, I stumbled on very high-quality, professionally formatted versions of four of the novels in the EPUB format. These look exactly like the original Bantam books, including the Eagle drawing that heads each chapter.

The four novels I have in this format:
Peril at Delphi
Seven Veils
Genesis Deluge
Hollow Earth

These clearly had to have been formatted with deliberate intent by someone deeply invested into the project. Does anybody know who did this? Are there others floating around?

I think it would certainly be possible to use the existing books as templates provided we have the full text to the other books. I could swear I have seen full transcripts of the other novels at some point, but I cannot find them now. Does anybody have them?

I have all the novels in epub format, but you are right. They are pretty bad with typos included. If you want I can reformat them into a word document and weed out the typos/misspells. I also have 3 young Indy episode novelisations (Bantam hungarian editions that were published here). They need to be translated, though if anyone is interested.

ThrowMeTheWhip

youngindygirl said:
I have all the novels in epub format, but you are right. They are pretty bad with typos included. If you want I can reformat them into a word document and weed out the typos/misspells. I also have 3 young Indy episode novelisations (Bantam hungarian editions that were published here). They need to be translated, though if anyone is interested.

No need. I have the full series as of last night. Did a little work reformatting them myself.

Thanks to my mysterious benefactor! :hat:

ThrowMeTheWhip said:
No need. I have the full series as of last night. Did a little work reformatting them myself.

Thanks to my mysterious benefactor! :hat:

Thanks. Should I still do the young Indy ones? Those don't seem to be available anywhere.

ThrowMeTheWhip

youngindygirl said:
Thanks. Should I still do the young Indy ones? Those don't seem to be available anywhere.

If you're willing, I certainly would be interested!

gioA said:
Is it possible to share these?
I have them all but electronic would be great for holidays

;)