Indiana Jones Stuff - Digital Versions

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Coco-Pops Card Premiums (1984)

Image1-3.jpg

Image2.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Look-in Magazine 1981 Issue 33

img013.jpg

Image22.jpg

For those of us who look back in time with rose tinted glasses Look-in brilliant children's magazine centred around ITV's television programmes in the United Kingdom, and subtitled "The Junior TVTimes". It ran from 9 January 1971 to 12 March 1994.

Look-in had interviews, crosswords and competitions, and it had pictures and pin-ups of TV stars and pop idols of the time. Its main feature however was the many comic strips of the favourite children's television programmes. These included Battlestar Galactica, Follyfoot, The Tomorrow People, The Six Million Dollar Man, Charlie's Angels, Worzel Gummidge, Knight Rider, The A-Team and Robin of Sherwood.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Montana Smith said:
I'm thinking this is the same book as The Star Wars Archives, by Mark Cotta Vaz and Shinji Hata, (Virgin Books, 1995), which I have as a 208 page hardback book and a 137MB .cbr file. I'm not sure, though, whether your's is an updated version.

It's the repackaged version. Ker-ching!!:D

Stoo

McSeem said:
From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives

Do anyone need this?
This is available for purchase via Amazon.com. Personally, I think making entire books like this available is crossing the line.(n) Glad to see that you didn't post a link so that no random 'guests' could wander in a get it for free.
Attila the Professor said:
I think there's just a natural reluctance to clutter the thread with what could only be superfluous commentary. The files are the thing.
"...wherein I'll catch the conscience of the King." Agreed about the clutter but notes of appreciation are always nice to hear and make things seem a little more worthwhile. Hats off to Junior and the rest.:hat:
Junior Jones said:
I think as a resource the thread excellent source of information but an issue I never anticipated, regarding the complete items, was resistance from fans who feel it devalues the items not necessarily in fianancial terms but in it's exclusivity. I don't feel this is done in an elilist manner maybe moral.

Prehaps we need to devise some guidlines as to what is or isn't acceptable as I would not like this thread to turn sour and stuff goes underground.
Montana Smith said:
Legally, there may be issues, but there are things like the magazines, and the role-playing material, that are out of print, and hard to obtain used. Presenting them digitally would have no effect on sales of these items, as they aren't available new. The only way to obtain them would be to pick them up second hand - so the market they affect is the second-hand one. Even then, if you only want to read an article, rather than possess the actual 'artifact', you aren't likely to pay much for it.
In my view, magazine & newspaper articles, advertisements, graphics & other obscure ephemera are O.K. but not complete books like the "Lucasfilm Archives".
Montana Smith said:
To my mind a digital copy is never a substitute for the real thing. A digital copy is useful for reference, but it doesn't have the same feel good factor of possessing the actual book.
Once in possession of a digitial copy, one is less likely to seek out and $pend ca$h for 'the real McKoy'.:( Making certain things available, for FREE, could hurt the future of Indy literature/publications...not to mention the open doors to piracy. The problem is where to draw the line and that is something the mods should probably discuss amongst themselves (with a strong recommendation of MAJOR publications being out-of-bounds).

That said - Here's an ad for the Swiss scratch-cards!

indylotteryqe2.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
The problem is where to draw the line and that is something the mods should probably discuss amongst themselves (with a strong recommendation of MAJOR publications being out-of-bounds).

I suppose I'm in a unique position where I have access to wide range of digital scanned material that has not been made available on the web up until this point.

Although I have made material openly available, this was exclusive to the raven and was done for fans. Unfortunately, I had to go to PMs as I was finding the links elsewhere across the internet and this has made me step back from posting the full versions as the last thing I would like to see is anyone profiting from the links.

So, I agree with Stoo that we have guidance on acceptably so that we can prevent any misuse of the material and hopefully avoid any "imperial" entanglements.:D

InexorableTash

I'm finishing up a stuff-in-storage move and purge, and came across my old Starlogs. Trippy stuff, reminding me of just how good we have it with teh intarwebz today and can get our fandom on without waiting for a monthly distillation.

Anyway, I set aside issues with obvious Indy-related content: 66 (Frank Marshall); 130 (Raiders @ MGM); 142, 143, 144, 147, 149 (Last Crusade); 179 (Rob MacGregor); 185 and 191 (YIJC).

I'm lazy - can someone tell me which I need to scan for this thread? (Stoo, you'll love 185 if you haven't seen it.)

EDIT: Ignore the last comment. I'm pretty sure Stoo has every issue of Starlog memorized.