Things the Paramount logo could fade into

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Baloney T!ts said:
A first in the indy movies!!!

A fade in to a giant breast!!!

YEAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That might happen, but only in certain x-rated remakes of Indy movies. ;)

ROTLA

How about if it faded into a giant jewel/gem in the lost crown of a king? Or perhaps just one of the points on the crown?

Or maybe we get thrown for a loop. It fades into what looks like a giant mountain but, as the camera pulls back, we realize it is nothing more than an ant hill or something like that...

ROTLA

Hey thanks, 00Kevin...you never know what kind of stuff will pop into your head when you're thought process is driven by lack of sleep!!

EvilNazi

vaxer said:
Baloney T!ts said:
A first in the indy movies!!!

A fade in to a giant breast!!!

YEAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That might happen, but only in certain x-rated remakes of Indy movies. ;)

sorry if this is OT but indy gives much material for x-rated remakes. you know, because of the whip

I like the idea of fading into an anthill. Did anyone read the fan fiction Sons of Darkness script? I thought it was great! Anyway, he had it open to a hill, then a camel foot smashes down, the camera PULLS BACK TO REVEAL the desert, we were looking at a sand dune! Then goes on to illustrate the scene when a Bedouin boy discovers the dead sea scrolls. Good stuff!

NileQT87

it should fade into...what else but paramount itself. its in salzburg, austria...you get to see it on the sound of music tour...the famous paramount mountain...its a dinky little puny part of the alps. pretty pitiful if i might say. its by no means a landmark other than a movie studio uses it as its logo.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Another thread got me thinkin' 'bout this.

What if the "mountain" was a bunch of crates coming into focus is a large warehouse. As the camera pans back, we find an old man wheeling a large crate with burned markings out of the stack and down a large asile toward the camera. The screen fades to black and we see the film's title

Indiana Jones and the Return of the Lost Ark.

00Kevin

Indyfan
fraid I don't like that Idea

undoes everything we saw in Raiders

don't ruin raiders by cloneing it

and let's get an origonal artifact ;)

ROTLA

Maybe the logo fades into a pic of a volcano. Indy is trying to recover an artifact from a tribe which is performing a ritual to summon the god of the volcano, trying to make it erupt. Maybe it's an attempt to stop Indy or maybe he sees their ritual as a distraction and uses it to retrieve an artifact. However, the result of the ritual is eventually a flow of lava which Indy must now avoid. Just a thought...

westford

NileQT87-Solo_Baggins said:
it should fade into...what else but paramount itself. its in salzburg, austria...you get to see it on the sound of music tour...the famous paramount mountain...its a dinky little puny part of the alps. pretty pitiful if i might say. its by no means a landmark other than a movie studio uses it as its logo.

According to the Paramount website, "The Paramount logo was established in 1914 by W.W. Jodkinson, a former movie exhibitor from Utah who negotiated a deal with Adolph Zukor to distribute his "Famous Players in Famous Plays" motion pictures. On the way to a meeting in New York, Jodkinson passed a building complex bearing the name Paramount and doodled a star-crested mountain, possibly from memories of his childhood in the west, and that logo later became Paramount's trademark." Although, I'm sure I read somewhere it was based on the Matterhorn...

images
images

[Edited by westford on 07-02-2003 at 06:12 am]

RangerOfTheEast

Good idea....

I've just thought of a great idea. How about no fade to...?

Hang on, hear me out...

The logo appears, but instead of the fade to something else, the text just fades leaving the mountain and the surronding scene as it is. Slowly, the camera pulls back to reveal the moutain framed by.....a circular airplane window frame! Camera pulls back further to reveal we were inside a plane looking out the window at the Paramount mountain itself! As camera pulls back further, Dr Jones comes into frame on the left, sitting taking a peek out, a passanger on the old plane. The mountain begins to drift out of view. He smiles, and we do too.

STEWARDESS
Can I get you a drink?

what do you think?

[Edited by RangerOfTheEast on 10-28-2003 at 03:28 pm]

Joe Brody

Wow. Too perfect. A lot of good [expletive deleted] [stuff] is getting advanced here, daily. I hope someone rushes Skywalker Ranch and has them take note.

Venture

How about this: the logo fades into a mountain in a musty old painting. Indy, having heretofore retired from treasure hunting, has his class on a field trip to a museum. His dissatisfaction is obvious, maybe as he strolls past a display case containing the Cross of Coronado. We can tell he's wistfully wanting to break free from his professorial role and don the whip and fedora once again. When he gets back to the college, a couple of Hoover's G-men are waiting, and...you fill in the blank.