Trilogy on Blu-Ray

lao che & sons

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Please, no! I love the matte paintings in these films. I wish so much that they would still use this art form in modern film-making.
Maybe they do in some movies?

I agree. Matte paintings, miniatures, stop motion animation, puppets. A by-gone era:(
that is always underestimated

Darth Vile

ResidentAlien said:
Yeah, that's one I especially don't understand. Again I think that comes down to marketing blitz though. The propaganda nonsense that Blu-Ray is the clearest image you will ever see I think fuels that delusion that it will make a film "too clear." I mean.... it's ludicrous and really makes no sense, but I can't think of how else to explain it.

tambourineman said:
Exactly. Blu Ray is about moving one small step closer to the theatrical film (the 'real' version of any movie), it isnt about improving anything or changing anything.

Im a regular on Bond boards and some people dont seem to comprehend the fact that the 60's movies can work on Blu Ray. They think that seeing old movies in HD is somehow pointless compared to new movies (despite them all using the same film and all having the same advantage in HD).

Ive also actually heard complaint that Blu Ray has made some old Bond movies "too clear" and things look fake compared to their blurry old VHS tapes... Despite the fact that the Blu Ray viewers are seeing nowhere near thew detail that people saw when seeing the movies at the cinema all those years ago.

Agreed... Some of the finest examples of Blu Ray are the older movies e.g. Gone With The Wind, Dr. No, 2001:ASO etc. etc. It really gives us a taste of what it would have been like to see these movies for the first time.

Darth Vile said:
Agreed... Some of the finest examples of Blu Ray are the older movies e.g. Gone With The Wind, Dr. No, 2001:ASO etc. etc. It really gives us a taste of what it would have been like to see these movies for the first time.

I will admit to not having seen 2001 on Blu Ray... but the stills I see look horrendous. For a 70mm image, things look awfully blurry. Looks like someone ran the image through some DNR... which is absurd considering that 70mm has incredibly fine grain.

indyclone25

just picked up indy blu rays!!!!!!!!

i was at best buy today and picked up the indy movies on blu-ray !!!!! can't wait to start seeing them on my 50 in plasma!!!!
Indiana_Jones_Blu_Ray_by_Gh0stbuste.jpg

Indy's brother

Well, Star Wars is coming to bluray next year. Can Indy be far behind....?
On Saturday, the studio announced that it will release all six live-action ?Star Wars? features on Blu-ray DVD in fall 2011. A boxed set containing the Blu-ray versions of the movies, from 1977?s ?Star Wars? through the final 2005 prequel, ?Star Wars: Episode III ? Revenge of the Sith,? will mark the first time the films have been offered in a high-definition home format, and will include documentary features and previously unseen footage.
?We?ve been wanting to do it as soon as we possibly could, but we just wanted to do it when enough people would be able to buy it and see it,? Mr. Lucas said on Friday from the Star Wars Celebration V convention in Orlando, Fla.

When the original ?Star Wars? movies were released on VHS in the early 1980s, Mr. Lucas said, sales were slow at first.

?We came out with ?Star Wars? right at the beginning of VHS,? he said, ?and we sold 300,000 copies.? Within a few years, he added, ?they were selling 1 million, 2 million, 10 million.?

?So we learned from that experience that if you?re too early in the marketplace, there?s just not enough demand for it,? he said.

sopes

Indy's brother said:
Well, Star Wars is coming to bluray next year. Can Indy be far behind....?

I believe we are close to seeing the first three films go to blu-ray ... definitely ready for them. Crystal Skull looks/sounds amazing on Blu-ray

great board! I've been lurking for a few weeks now. glad I stumbled across it. :D

Montana Smith

sopes said:
I believe we are close to seeing the first three films go to blu-ray ... definitely ready for them. Crystal Skull looks/sounds amazing on Blu-ray

Then it looks like it's time to invest in some new 'blue' technology.

sopes said:
great board! I've been lurking for a few weeks now. glad I stumbled across it. :D

Welcome, sopes! :hat:

Stumbling into The Raven for some (like me) is like stumbling into a haunted house: they never escape!

Major Eaton

sopes said:

I hope we're close to a blu-ray release. The Star Wars BD announcement last week definitely gives me hope. Who knows how or if Indy V will impact the release as well. The KOTCS blu-ray is holding me over for now. The trilogy DVD looks great, but I can only imagine how much better it will look and sound on BD. I'll pick them up on release morning just as I did with the DVD's in '03. I can't wait.:D

indyclone25

Major Eaton said:
I hope we're close to a blu-ray release. The Star Wars BD announcement last week definitely gives me hope. Who knows how or if Indy V will impact the release as well. The KOTCS blu-ray is holding me over for now. The trilogy DVD looks great, but I can only imagine how much better it will look and sound on BD. I'll pick them up on release morning just as I did with the DVD's in '03. I can't wait.:D

i hope we hear news about its release by christmas for a june release for the 30th anniversary.

Major Eaton

indyclone25 said:
i hope we hear news about its release by christmas for a june release for the 30th anniversary.

Man, that would be great. I'd much rather see a BD release coincide with the Raiders anniversary than an Indy V theatrical release.:rolleyes:

The Man

Hmmm...

Indiana Jones 5 has been swirling around the creative phase for a couple years with no evidence of it coming any time soon. Aligning the schedules of Steven Spieberg, George Lucas, Harrison Ford and Shia LaBeouf* is no easy task.

*sigh*

Hey! I've read this before!

I'm all for an Indiana Jones Convention, but to say that Ronald Lacey is on the list of guests and the contradicting locations means this is a prank.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'd like to thank the tireless efforts, clear headed and sober inspiration: Stoo. My gosh, did they really invite Ronald Lacey? (Music Swells)...uh thank to...

Comercial.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Hey! I've read this before!

I'd like to thank the tireless efforts, clear headed and sober inspiration: Stoo. My gosh, did they really invite Ronald Lacey? (Music Swells)...uh thank to...

Comercial.

Is it true that when you send money for tickets it gets redirected to a general in Nigeria?

Forget about Indy 5, George, and just let us have the blu-rays.