General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

kongisking

And I sit here in the corner, looking at this fandom from afar and shaking my head at how we are doing nothing to publicly voice our desire and support for a 5th film. What will it take to make us all unite and work on a plan together to get the Beard's attention?

I'm not gonna stop harping you people on this. The Star Wars fandom sure aint this lazy...

Pale Horse

Staff member
kongisking said:
I'm not gonna stop harping you people on this. The Star Wars fandom sure aint this lazy...

giphy.gif

Montana Smith

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k3I7p5lvkwQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kongisking

Olliana said:
More Goonies and more Hanks... what a way to start a day (n)

I may be bummed Indy 5 is appearing less and less likely...but another collab between Berg and Hanks is just as much cause for celebration in my world.

Mickiana

If there is any Lucas involvement, I wonder if it is token or practical or based on anything else? Maybe they will still use the Lucasfilm title at the beginning of the films (Star Wars and hopefully IJ) and so George is given some role to uphold image?

IndyForever

AndyLGR said:
Why does Lucas have to come up with a story? Now that Disney have it why can't they get someone else in?
Spielberg has said he will only direct it if Lucas does the story & agrees on the movie with him :dead:

AndyLGR

IndyForever said:
Spielberg has said he will only direct it if Lucas does the story & agrees on the movie with him :dead:
I wonder if Disney would consider a new director if there was a chance of Harrison being available and Spielberg had conflicting schedules.

Montana Smith

Richard Attenborough's about the right age to handle an old Indy.

Indiana Jones: A Bridge Too Far.

His brother could be on hand to supervise if they needed any help with prairie dog or monkey behaviour.

Udvarnoky

AndyLGR said:
Why does Lucas have to come up with a story? Now that Disney have it why can't they get someone else in?

They could, but Lucas coming up with the story is a tradition that Spielberg's willingness to direct might be tied to. Maybe Lucas could bless an outsourcing of the effort this time around?

Hanselation

Is George Lucas still working in development phase?

For me the general question is: Is George Lucas still working on a new story about Indiana Jones?
Before Lcasfilm was sold to Disney he mentioned it everytime he was asked for Indiana Jones 5, even a few month before the Disney deal happened.
So can it be that the "McGuffin" research and the story development are still in the scope of George Lucas?
Would be nice to hear a statement about that from GL himself.

Or did George sell also his soul to Disney? ;)

Olliana

Lucas' last statement when asked about Indy 5 was something like "now it's Disney's turn to go ahead and pull off a deal with Paramount".
Nobody has asked him again ever since, so....

micsteam

Indiana Jones has always been a collaboration between Lucas and Spielberg, I think it is a personal project for the two of them. With Lucas being retired, semi-retired, whatever I don't think it will work out with Spielberg that way. The only way I can figure it working out without Lucas is if, and this is a very good possibility, Kathleen Kennedy approaches Spielberg personally ( she was Spielberg's assistant for Raiders and produced TOD and KOTCS), her bond with Spielberg might be enough... I don't know. With Ford being aboard and Kennedy's persuasion it might be enough. :hat:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Hanselation said:
For me the general question is: Is George Lucas still working on a new story about Indiana Jones?

Absolutely not.

No one is right now. Not even Disney. Not now. Perhaps in the next 1/2 decade. And that's being ...blindly optimistic. Even for me.

TheFedora

Pale Horse said:
Absolutely not.

No one is right now. Not even Disney. Not now. Perhaps in the next 1/2 decade. And that's being ...blindly optimistic. Even for me.

To paraphrase Belloq: "In a thousand years, maybe even an Indy 5 script will be worth something!"