Why are people so hard on Indy IV?

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
...Take this capper to town. He just compared Caddyshack to KOTCS...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZqPozS8YpU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Drifter

scott434 said:
I don't watch movies and get in depth as much as others do I guess.

I'm about the same way. I'm on the fence about Kingdom, but I overall did enjoy it. I didn't go in with a critical eye like a lot of users here, nor do I look too much into it almost five years later. It is what it is.

Brooke Logan

I don't try to be hard on the movie, some of the scenes that others really hate don't bother me that much, but overall I didn't like the story, I thought the actors lacked chemistry together, and for me they ruined the character of Marion. I didn't think Mutt was a good fit for Indy's offspring either. That whole family of Indy, Marion and Mutt just didn't work for me and I'd have rather seen something different.

But for me the most telling thing that this movie isn't on a par with the others is that Parts 1, 2 and 3 are all still very watchable movies for me, but 4 just....isn't.....

It's just a sh*t film.

Watch Raiders, then watch Skullf*ck. Its like the difference between sex with the woman of your dreams and a snog from your gran.

The Drifter

replican't said:
It's just a sh*t film.

Watch Raiders, then watch Skullf*ck. Its like the difference between sex with the woman of your dreams and a snog from your gran.

This is just pathetic. If you're gonna troll at least show some form of subtlety about it. This is on par with what a 13-year old would produce. After all this time you've been trolling this boards, it seems you would've developed a better tactic.

The Drifter said:
This is just pathetic. If you're gonna troll at least show some form of subtlety about it. This is on par with what a 13-year old would produce. After all this time you've been trolling this boards, it seems you would've developed a better tactic.

It's not trolling to call Crystalmeth a pile of poo - it's scientific fact. Just ask anyone with eyes and ears. A big bunch of you lot dont count, of course, being insane mutants who lost all perspective years ago, for the most part.

Indy's brother

replican't said:
It's not trolling to call Crystalmeth a pile of poo - it's scientific fact. Just ask anyone with eyes and ears. A big bunch of you lot dont count, of course, being insane mutants who lost all perspective years ago, for the most part.

Insane mutants? Sure. But with better internet manners than you? Sure enough. Why don't you find a better arena for your insult comedy.

Indy's brother said:
Insane mutants? Sure. But with better internet manners than you? Sure enough. Why don't you find a better arena for your insult comedy.

Politicians have better manners than most, but look at them.

The Drifter

replican't said:

I couldn't care less if you hate the movie; that in itself doesn't bother me in the slightest. But, coming in here slinging vulgar words in every single post, and frankly acting like a child having a temper-tantrum is uncalled for in my opinion. Kids do come here, and this is supposed to be a family-friendly forum. Also, no one is ever gonna take you seriously as long as you act like a tike without dessert after dinner.

Kids swear all the time. It's cool and its funny and actually it gets straight to the point.

Christ on a bike, what planet do you live on?

I bet you're American, right?

Vance

replican't said:
Kids swear all the time. It's cool and its funny and actually it gets straight to the point.

Having kids, I'm saying 'no' to that one. I raise my kids better than that.

I bet you're American, right?

National bigotry as well? Charming.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time debating this one with you, but I'll just point out one thing. You keep going like you are, basically acting like a spoiled little jackass, and no one will want you here. If you can't be civil to the other posters, then they have no reason to be civil to you.

So, basically, grow up or go away.

If we're going to get into semantic debates, it's 'you're' not 'your'. A common mistake but all too rife, and one deserving of opprobrium, I feel.

The Drifter

replican't said:
If we're going to get into semantic debates, it's 'you're' not 'your'. A common mistake but all too rife, and one deserving of opprobrium, I feel.

Your just nit-picking now. You're grammatical retort is kind of weak. I am to busy to deed you any more and I could care less.

Finn

Staff member
Moderator note

Well, as the title says, this is still a moderated forum. And some lines were clearly crossed in this thread. And when those flags go up, the punishment is usually swift and just.

Even if the upkeep settled for giving some cooler-time to just one participant of this recent back-and-worth, there is no need for the rest of you to stoop down on said depths as well. We're willing to look away now, as you were clearly being agitated, but in the future... if you see something you think warrants the attention of a mod, just bring in it to the attention of one.

That's all. Now, bring this discussion back on line or scatter to the four winds, basking in that gloriously good feeling of justice having happened.