• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Major West

A OTR Size 44 Raiders should fit you just as well as the LC jacket does. The LC jacket has half an inch more on the shoulders just so that it droops onto your arms. You can see in your pictures the shoulder seam is drooping off your shoulders. It's just a style look, rather than a fit. The LC jacket has wider armholes which makes the fit different. More room for people with big arms, round arms, but not essential if you don't. The movie jacket was the same, not sure why, but it is. :D The last crusade jacket has the longest back length, but it doesn't show significantly. different design, different length. I don't know what size I would order for a 44 ToD. The movie jacket was a size 40-42 and had a 26" backlength.

As I'm sure you'll find out there's guess work involved when you factor in your own sizing. :hat:

Glenville86

Major West made a good point on the ToD being a slimmer fit. Since I order my Wested jackets one size up for a looser fit, I had forgot that. I had read somewhere, someone suggested Wested made the ToD one size smaller than what it is marked on the label. This was how the person explained the slimmer fit of the jacket.....lol

dakota

My Wested Hero in shrunken lamb size 44" has arrived (yesterday in fact) and I have literally taken it straight out of the packaging, given the jacket a hot water soaking and worn until dry.

The fit is great, so thankfully my requested measurements were good so thanks for all that helped in getting these right (especially Tibor), anyway here are just a couple of quick photos of the jacket. :TOH:

I'm impressed with the shrunken lamb, very SA I think and the hide is wonderful and lightweight plus showing a lot of promise on the breaking in side of things to. :)

dakota

yeh sorry about that, they were there yesterday....looks like Photobucket want to start charging now to allow third party photo hosting hence the issue.

Drones33

Dark Brown Novapelle

Ive purposely not given my custom LC a coat of Pecards, want to retain the dusty look the novapelle is developing...
dbnlc_pocket_1_by_00177840-dbfnw0z.jpg

Drones33

Major West said:
So that look has developed from wear? I like it.:cool:

Yeah, it was quite an even shade of fairly dark brown when I got it. Gave it the usual water treatment but no pecards. I've worn it lots since then, been rolled up in my locker at work many times, and it pretty quickly developed a dusty grey colour and an almost velvety texture. Probably a bit too light to be SA, but looks nicely lived in. Feels really robust too, quite heavy but very comfortable.

Major West

Still loving my Hero jackets at the moment. I've come to the conclusion that the jacket looks best when halfway zipped. Looks badass.

dakota

I agree, I've been wearing my new Hero jacket constantly since receiving it about a week ago.

Love the fit and drape, the shrunken lamb is really breaking in now and developing some lovely creasing.

Probably my favourite / go to jacket at the moment.

dakota

I have a pair of old Todds indy boots from back in 2007/8 I have no idea where they are now (in the loft somewhere), Wested's new offering look pretty good and for around £100 seem within budget.

Not sure anybody has bought a pair yet as I would love to see a review on these.

Glenville86

Recently moved back to the States after 10-years in Germany. Rented a house there that I used the top floor 2-bedrooms as walk-in closets. Coming back to the Washington, DC area had me renting a much smaller house due to cost. Ended up with 2-childrens sized closets for my stuff. Had not realized how many items of clothing I had accumulated in Germany until I had to unpack here.......

I had over 30-something leather jackets with most being Indy ones from different makers. Around 40 Fedora in their boxes and at least 40 pairs of ankle boots with many Alden ones.

I made a few trips to the charity clothing drop. Several jackets, a few fedora and quite a few boots (kept the Alden of course). Friend at work wears the same sized hats and boots and he got many. Gave him most of my collection of Affliction t-shirts as well as I now have one drawer for t-shirts. I still have boots under the bed, in the closets.

Still weeding everything down. Also collect functional swords and over 20-years of collecting have around 200 of them. Using a child's bedroom to put them out on the stands. Still working on the room. Have a finished basement but the wife will not allow me to use it for my stuff as she made a guest bedroom there.........

I was fortunate in Germany as the gov paid my rent and utilities and I am also retired from the Army. Here in the States, I have to pay 100%. When you live in a really big house, you don't actually realize how much stuff you have until you are forced to downsize. My reduction in stuff is still ongoing. Need to sell off over 1/2 of the swords.

micsteam

What size are you ?? Jacket size, shoe size, hat size ?? I'd be interested... Also you said you have an extensive sword collection... I've been looking for a nice crusader sword very late 11th century-12th century. PM me with what you have, thanks !! :hat: