Your Indy Dream Game

JP Jones

I was just playing Staff of Kings and I started to recall when there was the rumor of that next-gen Indiana Jones game. I started then to think of how cool that game could've been which led me to thinking of what the perfect Indy game would be. Since I'm still in thought mode I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Indy's brother

I want the clutter-free, cinematic, over-the shoulder presentation of Dead Space. And I want it to look that good, too. And it has to be a long game to make up for all the time we waited for the next gen game that we were promised and got SOK. And as long as we're dreaming, I want HF to do the voice-acting.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Indy's brother said:
I want the clutter-free, cinematic, over-the shoulder presentation of Dead Space. And I want it to look that good, too. And it has to be a long game to make up for all the time we waited for the next gen game that we were promised and got SOK. And as long as we're dreaming, I want HF to do the voice-acting.

I'll I want in life is a re-creation of Raiders as any character. Whether on computer or some genuis outthere builds it for real.

How hard could it be to build an full size replica of the Chachapoyan Temple.

Come on. We're not trying hard enough!:D

RedeemedChild

I'd like a fast paced RPG-esque Indiana Jones MMORPG in the vein of NEXON's Dragon Nest in which you can choose your own path in the world of the Indiana Jones franchise with a bit of elements from Jurrasic Park and The Mummy (the first movie) influencing the gameplay and lore of the world in which the game would be set.

In the game you could choose to utilize a Bullwhip, Sword, Bow and Arrow, Flares, Poison-Blow Darts, Mace or Javelin. You could choose to be a Rogue, Archeologist, Natives, Nomad, Thief, Templar.

Col. Jones

I think the perfect Indy game would have to have a film quality original story, a powerful artifact that would send Indy across the globe, high adventure, and plenty of thrills. I really want an Indy game that can give Uncharted a run for its money.

The graphics are secondary to me I think they should focus on the story, the charaters, and the gameplay.

lao che & sons

Alltime favorite Indy Dream Game is more of a George Lucas Game Called the George Lucas Extravaganza:whip: It includes Star Wars, American Graffiti, and of Course... Indiana Jones. Which are in my opinion George Lucas's Masterpiece films/ film series.

So it starts out with the star wars logo font that flies back fading into the Raiders Logo font that continues to fly back and then fades to the American Graffiti Font which continues to fly back and fade out spelling "George Lucas Extravaganza" instead of the actual Movie Names and the Theme changes from Star Wars to Raiders to Rock around the Clock(y)

Then we get a camera push in on earth it puches all si fi like to Norhte america through clouds and what not and we land in California where American Graffiti takes Place. You basically play through the game as John Milner (the tough guy with the **** yellow '32 coupe) racing different people and eventually the '55 chevy, who is mentioned through the game by people around town including Terry (nerd) Curt (goes to college) and Steve (ron howard). In the story you pass by multiple lucasfilm references including Raiders of the Lost Ark Serial Posters and Star Wars Serial posters (the adventures of Luke Skywalker). Anyways the game ends with you and Terry driving from paradise road where the big race took place and to the movie theatre where the serial version of raiders starts up the camera pushes in from black and whit to a color version of the real thing. Indiana Jones is walking throught the jungle in raiders. He gets to the temple escapes the traps including the boulder and gets the idol stolen by beloq and you pretty much go through Raiders including the truck chase (which would be insanely awesome ) then it ends in washington DC where Indy and Marion are there and Marion says "I'll buy you a drink"... bu the camera tilts up and we see a star flash. The camera pans back down and it's all stars. The end of the star wars lettering flys off and the emperial ship flys over and we go through star wars. Some longer scenes are cut, like with the rest of the films.

And this ends it.

I think that this game would redeem the Next Gen Game Disaster and remind people of George Lucas' Masterpieces. If this does well, then do Next Gen versions of episode 5 and Temple of Doom, and then if those sell well then do Episode 6 and the Last Crusade. Then that'll be it. And my dreams of next gen original Indiana Jones and original Star Wars adaptions will be fulfilled(y) (y)

JP Jones

O.K. here's is what my dream game would look like. The game would be focused on the fact that you can play through not only all the movies, but through 3 original storylines that are created by blending elements from the books, tv show, and other games.
The gameplay would be more focused on action than exploration (To give it more of a movie feel). Some of the features of the new action scheme are as followed. Players are able to have complete freedom in chases and fights. In the chases, you can get out of a truck (or tank or duck), jump from it to another, beat up the driver, throw him out, and drive it. In fights you have the freedom to use your whip to interact with almost anything. the Euphoria engine would also be used.
More of the features are, 1 , Multiplayer. This multiplayer is more like lego indy 2. Somtimes there will be 2 or more players and you are able to switch through them to solve some puzzles. They also use lego indy 2's split screen for the innevitable instance where your friend falls behind in a chase. 2, Graphics. Obviously this game would be on the next-gen consoles, but the graphics would be like none other. The chases would have trees blurring by, creating the illusion of speeding through the jungle. Finally, the voice acting this is simple all the movie characters do all the voices.

Wow, what a game that would be :D

indyclone25

well my dream game would be simple , just a three d version of the four movies. kinda what the rouge squadron games for gamecube did where they had missions based on the star wars movies , just have them do it to the indy movies have him him start with the temple of doom fight laoche and his goons and then avoiding mountians cliffs in the airplane , and then going to pankot palace and defeating mola ram and thuggee guards, then have him go to the peruvian temple and and get the idol and have it stolen by belloq and escape the hovitos, and then go to tanis and fight nazis and get the ark and then got through the last crusade movie and then go through kotcs, that would be an awesome game and you can choose who else you want to be in certian scenes; marion , sallah, henry jones sr., mutt , you name it ,that would be something to play and they could expand the game a bit more by having add scenes . that would be my dream game .:D

Two ideas, basically.

The first one: "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine", only with next generation graphics and features. That baby was definitely the best Indy game of all time (yes, I even prefer it to "Fate of Atlantis", and I truly think it was the only Indy story that was worth the first three films... damn, why didn't they use THAT for "Indy IV" :mad: ) and having it remade would just be one Hell of a move.

The second one: a brand new graphical adventure, similar to "Fate of Atlantis", but with ultra high quality pre-rendered graphics in the style of Benoit Sokal games (Syberia, Paradise, and so on).
If done well - current 3D engines should be capable of moving an almost photorealistic environment with not too much trouble, think of games such as Gears Of War or Uncharted - they could also integrate the graphical adventure with some big 3D action sequences, quick time events or things like that, just to bring in the feel of a real, spectacular Indiana Jones adventure movie on your PC.

These are my 2 cents.

Perhilion

Two ideas, basically.

The first one: "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine", only with next generation graphics and features. That baby was definitely the best Indy game of all time (yes, I even prefer it to "Fate of Atlantis", and I truly think it was the only Indy story that was worth the first three films... damn, why didn't they use THAT for "Indy IV" ) and having it remade would just be one Hell of a move.

The second one: a brand new graphical adventure, similar to "Fate of Atlantis", but with ultra high quality pre-rendered graphics in the style of Benoit Sokal games (Syberia, Paradise, and so on).
If done well - current 3D engines should be capable of moving an almost photorealistic environment with not too much trouble, think of games such as Gears Of War or Uncharted - they could also integrate the graphical adventure with some big 3D action sequences, quick time events or things like that, just to bring in the feel of a real, spectacular Indiana Jones adventure movie on your PC.

These are my 2 cents.
well my dream game would be simple , just a three d version of the four movies. kinda what the rouge squadron games for gamecube did where they had missions based on the star wars movies , just have them do it to the indy movies have him him start with the temple of doom fight laoche and his goons and then avoiding mountians cliffs in the airplane , and then going to pankot palace and defeating mola ram and thuggee guards, then have him go to the peruvian temple and and get the idol and have it stolen by belloq and escape the hovitos, and then go to tanis and fight nazis and get the ark and then got through the last crusade movie and then go through kotcs, that would be an awesome game and you can choose who else you want to be in certian scenes; marion , sallah, henry jones sr., mutt , you name it ,that would be something to play and they could expand the game a bit more by having add scenes . that would be my dream game
I think the perfect Indy game would have to have a film quality original story, a powerful artifact that would send Indy across the globe, high adventure, and plenty of thrills. I really want an Indy game that can give Uncharted a run for its money.

The graphics are secondary to me I think they should focus on the story, the charaters, and the gameplay.
These. An Indy game has to be highly polished, with great presentation, story, graphics, acting-everything. It has to feel like it could be on the big screen. Given the success of games like Uncharted, I can't imagine why LucasArts wouldn't be pursuing this.

-ND-

I think Uncharted rightfully owns the treasure hunting and action scene in third person gaming.
That's why I think the next Indy game should take a different approach.
First Person Adventure.
Anyone played or seen Condemed 2? It's like a first person detective game with plenty of combat by hand-to-hand or gunplay. It is not, however, a first person shooter as ammo for guns is scarce leaving you to fight with broken bottles, legs from chairs and even toilet seats(?).

Point is, this game did well critically and is pretty unique with most other (all) first person games being all about guns blazing. I think it would be the perfect blend of exploration heavy gameplay and close up, melee fights.
I can already imagine some iconic game moments: if the player looks directly down he will see Indy's waist down view showing all of his gear and apparel. Accessing the game's inventory system would actually point the camera to view the inside of Indy's bag.

Free exploration, within a level, would play out reminiscent of games like Elder Scrolls or Fallout 3.

Hell, a full game wouldn't even have to be created. If someone skilled enough would just make a conversion for Elder Scrolls or Fallout then that would suffice.
Man, I can only dream. :p

indyjones2131

Simple:

Red Dead Redemption style sandbox + Indiana Jones globetrotting adventure.

Each region would be a different country.

There'd be horses, motorcycles, jeeps, boats.

Main story missions and then side quests for hunting smaller treasures using puzzle-related maps.

Euphoria powered animation and physics.

Some action set pieces would of course be scripted, but SO MANY would be created by US the player!

Exploration would be amazing.

Raiders90

An "Infernal Machine" style game, with the kinks worked out and a GTA IV style engine perhaps, set in the early-mid 40s or early '50s. Or an adventure game, FOA style, set again in the same period. Maybe finally get Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix in video game form.

Willie

My ideal game would be a cinematic quality game, based on the Indy movies, and with quotes from the characters of the films for the particular character you are playing. In one part of the game you could hear Indy(if you're playing Indy) saying when you're going the wrong way in the game "We are going to die!" You'd also get points and get your fedora, whip as an example for finding the treasure maps, offing the villain and so on and you could also play the villain too. ;)

HovitosKing

I would want less of an Indy action/adventure game set in 1st or 3rd person, where the goal is to find the treasure and shoot the bad guys. I'd like to see something new and innovative, something outside the box of traditional games.

I'd love to see a truly open-world (ie, global) environment where you pick and choose artifacts to seek out from a constantly changing set of available legal (sponsored by the US government, or museum, or something) and illegal (black market, paid by Lao Che, stuff like that) jobs. If you decide not to move on one artifact and go after another, then the first is no longer available when you return from locating the second.

You'd have to do some kind of research (in video form, because I HATE reading a ton of crap on-screen during video games) by attending lectures at the university, or meeting with an expert, or something that could be done in video form to prep you for your mission.

Buy and pack your supplies based on where your travels will take you. And who knows, maybe your plane crashes en route and you're not prepared for coming events...

OF course, you'll meet interesting people and loads of bad guys along the way, so you'll have lots of choices to make each with their own consequences. This would let you explore Indy's rogue side as well as his hero side.

At the end of the day, I'd like to see a game with truly nextgen gameplay/graphics, some interesting bits of historical background including artifacts AND civilizations, a good adventure SIMULATION (as opposed to just a typical "adventure" game), and plenty of big blockbuster action with memorable moments and dialogue. New dialogue, not recycled stuff from the films.

I'm not asking too much am I?

Gabeed

My ideal Indy game would be more of a blend between Emperor's Tomb and the Thief series, wherein you can switch between 1st and 3rd person. I liked Infernal Machine, as it had some massive, fantastically-made levels, but it was essentially a Tomb Raider game gameplay-wise, and I think Indy games should go in a different direction. The Emperor's Tomb combat conveys how combat in an Indy game should be (limited ammo, lots of fist-fighting, etc), so that should stay. However, Emperor outside of the combat had nothing more than linear platforming which infests Tomb Raider (and Uncharted, I think). Platforming should be at a minimum in Indy games . . .the guy is an archaeologist, not a circus performer or an acrobat. I have no problem with using the whip to get across crevices, etc, but climbing up crap and shimmying along ledges has been done to death already in other games. Instead, I suggest sprawling, non-linear maps filled with enemies, booby traps, and puzzles a la the Thief series. I want to get lost in a vast ruined underground lost temple, dammit, hearing and fleeing echoes of shouting, angry Nazis down one of the dark passages behind me. I want to be able to sneak past those Nazis rather than having to kill of em.

One of the issues with the Emperor's Tomb combat is that guns just don't do enough damage. Indy can take a spray of submachine gun fire and still be standing. Of course, if guns were realistically good and not a "ranged alternative" as seen in Emperor's Tomb, no one would ever use their fists. That's why an Indy game should be more of a stealth game than a platform game--you have a rationale for why Indy is fist-fighting.

Montana_Jones

indyjones2131 said:
Simple:

Red Dead Redemption style sandbox + Indiana Jones globetrotting adventure.

Each region would be a different country.

There'd be horses, motorcycles, jeeps, boats.

Main story missions and then side quests for hunting smaller treasures using puzzle-related maps.

Euphoria powered animation and physics.

Some action set pieces would of course be scripted, but SO MANY would be created by US the player!

Exploration would be amazing.
Same but with GTA IV style sandbox in the same vein that Raiders typed. Indiana Jones to be voiced by Harrison Ford. Various characters voiced by celebrities. Good ones not crap like Ellen Page or anything similar.
Actually being released on PS3, 360 and PC instead of Star Wars ****e all the damn time.

TheFedora

Finally found a relevant topic for this. GameInformer recently did an article detailing how a Indiana jones game could be made for one of the game consoles of today. Interesting read anyway.