Raiders in Concert: Screenings with Live Orchestra

Stoo

OH?MY?G_D! I must see this! What a special way to watch & hear the movie. Can't wait for them to announce the actual date/s!

Thanks for the heads-up, Citizen Kane!:hat:

Stoo

D'oh!:eek: Thanks again. It even has the date & times right on top, under the headline!:eek:

Most of the good seats are gone already. Drag! If anyone else is thinking of going, they should buy their tickets now or as soon as possible.

fantastic...

Seriously thinking about it. Might have to drag my wife along dressed as cairo marion too.

Perhaps members going should sit in the same box all in Indy gear.

Stoo

Raiders: Live Concert & Film in Switzerland

Gerry2001 & myself were in Lucerne, Switzerland about 2 weeks ago and saw this poster along the lake:

RaidersConcert_small_zps4mdqoc94.jpg

Needless to say, we were surprised and freaked out a little bit.:)

As much as the lure of seeing "Raiders" at the Royal Albert Hall beckons me, this is an easier way to experience the same type of event (with a dinner included). It could also be a fun way to get together with other central European fans.

There will be 10 screenings. (One of them will be without a symphony.)

04 December 2015
06 December 2015
09 December 2015
10 December 2015
22 December 2015
27 December 2015 (2 shows - earlier show without symphony)
29 December 2015
31 December 2015
02 January 2016

http://indianas-symphony.ch/film-music.html

Grisu, will you be attending? It would a perfect place to meet up!(y)

Dana Scully

Oh, how I'd love to go to this. I doubt very much I'd be able to afford it though, all my spare cash is being siphoned into my 'Thailand fund' at the moment, heading there on holiday in November.

So is anyone from here going? I keep checking what seats available, even my wife is up for it. I dont know why I havent pulled the trigger yet. Would love to go all geared up but not sure what the security would think of it. Although plenty of people dress up for the last night of the proms. :D

Stoo

doppelganger said:
So is anyone from here going?
Because of the Swiss run, I've decided not to do the Royal Albert Hall. Would've been great to meet some U.K. fans, though!:(

For the Lucerne performances, I'm planning on either December 4th or 6th. Grisu, will you be going?

Stoo

It is strongly urged for anyone in the London area to attend the event!!! How monumental is it to see your favourite movie accompanied by a LIVE ORCHESTRA at the ROYAL ALBERT HALL???:confused: 'Twould be utterly pathetic if not one Ravenhead from England bothered to go. Buy your tickets now, mates!:gun::whip:

If anyone can't do London in March 2016 then come to Switzerland next month (this December). Not only will you experience the superb beauty of Lucerne but you'll also get a nice dinner before the film!

Joosse, my next Amsterdam trip doesn't look likely for December at this point.:(

Mickiana

Stoo said:
It is strongly urged for anyone in the London area to attend the event!!! How monumental is it to see your favourite movie accompanied by a LIVE ORCHESTRA at the ROYAL ALBERT HALL???:confused: 'Twould be utterly pathetic if not one Ravenhead from England bothered to go. Buy your tickets now, mates!:gun::whip:

If anyone can't do London in March 2016 then come to Switzerland next month (this December). Not only will you experience the superb beauty of Lucerne but you'll also get a nice dinner before the film!

Joosse, my next Amsterdam trip doesn't look likely for December at this point.:(

Sounds great, but Australia is a bit far. Would it come to us in the Down Under?

Stoo

Raiders: Film & Concert in Switzerland - Part 1

Mickiana said:
Sounds great, but Australia is a bit far. Would it come to us in the Down Under?
This is actually a Swiss production and they are taking it to the Royal Albert Hall in London*. The tour schedule in the concert's programme only goes until May 2016 so who knows if the show will go on the road after that?:confused:

*Therefore, this thread's title ought to be changed to something more generic like, "Raiders: Film in Concert" (or something similar). The 'world premiere' was 4 days ago in Lucerne and it'll be performed many more times in Lucerne than it will be in London.

----
Last night, I went with my girlfriend and, boy, what an unbelievable & unforgettable event it was!(y) 'Twas an amazing time and I'm still buzzing from the experience!

A unique thing in the film was Jock's line, "Come on, show a little backbone, will ya?". It was DIFFERENT. Will elaborate more later.

Took photos & a couple of videos so stayed tuned for a full review...

RaiderLucerne_Intermission_zpskumfgprt.jpg

gregmparry

Raiders in Concert - in California Jan 15-17

Symphony Silicon Valley is going to be the first American Orchestra to perform the music live with Raiders playing on the big screen! Should be an incredible experience - I love John Williams' music!!! And to see Raiders with a live orchestra will be awesome!!

http://www.indianajones-ssv.org

Indycrusader

I want to attend this so badly. I was in Switzerland recently and saw the ads for it. Took a picture, actually:

20151107_114457.jpg

But I didn't know it would be coming to the states! Sure hope it heads toward New Orleans. San Antonio is the closest I can find so far.

Stoo

2016 World Tour

It's goin' on the road, folks...

06 Feb - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
13 Feb - Paris
14 Feb - Paris
19 Feb - San Antonio, TX
20 Feb - San Antonio, TX
---
04 Mar - Boca Raton, FL
09 Mar - London
10 Mar - London
12 Mar - London (2 shows)
---
29 May - Krakow, POLAND
---
15 Jun - Perth, AUSTRALIA
16 Jun - Perth, AUSTRALIA
24 Jun - Nashville, TN
30 Jun - Chicago, IL
---
01 Jul - Chicago, IL
01 Jul - Houston, TX
02 Jul - Chicago, IL
02 Jul - Houston, TX
29 Jul - Sydney, AUSTRALIA
30 Jul - Sydney, AUSTRALIA
---
26 Aug - Lennox, MA
---
10 Nov - Kansas City, MO
12 Nov - Kansas City, MO

http://filmconcertslive.com/movies/raiders-of-the-lost-ark/

Indycrusader said:
I want to attend this so badly. I was in Switzerland recently and saw the ads for it. Took a picture, actually:
How recently were you in The Switz?:confused: Don't know if you realize it or not but you were standing right across the street from the venue for the event. (I can tell that your photo was taken in the Lucerne train station facing due east. A bit of the concert building can be seen between the 2 posters.)

Hopefully, you weren't there in December because it'd be a shame to have missed the opportunity, especially after being so close. It was, literally, a stone's throw away!

I posted the Lucerne dates in this thread:
Raiders in Concert: 21st Century Symphony Orchestra
Pale Horse said:
As a local, I will certainly check this out.
So...did you or any other California dudes attend this once-in-a-lifetime experience?:confused: 'Tis a must-see!(y)

Maybe merge the 2 threads, too?