Star Wars: The Force Awakens

AndyLGR

Z dweller said:
Star Wars prosecuted over Harrison Ford injury

It doesn't sound like he was the one who initiated this lawsuit, but does Ford now stand to make some additional dosh from TFA?

He must have spoken to the UK Health And Safety Executive at some point, surely?
The Health and Safety Executive as a matter of course investigate serious accidents in the workplace in the UK. They would have interviewed as many people as possible and then formed their own case as to whether or not its worth prosecuting the company. Companies can be fined for breaches in health and safety law. I imagine Harrison would have been covered by a hefty insurance policy though.

Stoo

There should be a lawsuit against Disney & Jay Jay Abrams for making such a stinker out of "Star Wars 7". They futzed around and delivered a BIG PILE of sh*t.(n)

Finn

Staff member
Stoo said:
There should be a lawsuit against Disney & Jay Jay Abrams for making such a stinker out of "Star Wars 7". They futzed around and delivered a BIG PILE of sh*t.
Who should sue them? George? I mean, wouldn't that be a tad... hypocritical?

DoomsdayFAN

Stoo said:
There should be a lawsuit against Disney & Jay Jay Abrams for making such a stinker out of "Star Wars 7". They futzed around and delivered a BIG PILE of sh*t.(n)

Couldn't agree more. TFA was pure and absolute garbage.

Pale Horse

Staff member
UxRimwf.gif

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Best Film Of The Year!!!

I absolutely loved TFA I always seem to Love Abrams Films, Weather It Is Super 8, or his two Trek Forays! I did not see his Mission Impossible, I will have to remedy that one of these days It Is available on Xfinity On-Demand for free! One thing I loved about TFA was the acting, It had to be the best acting In a Star Wars film since Empire, Kasdan's Magic shone through In the script! The Characters in the film were super Likable Especially the New Ones! One thing that did not surprise me were all the Practical Effects that were used, basically It didn't surprise me because Abrams blends Practical with CGI so well IMHO! and It Is real refreshing to see so many Practical Effects In a world where we have so many films loaded with CGI, What more can I say that probably has already been discussed on here, But Like I said I loved It and saw It 4 times In the theater. My two favorite Films of the Year were TFA and Jurassic World I also really enjoyed Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur two Pixar Films that were so different but both Beautiful !!!!!!!!

Mr. Forest

I recently saw TFA for my third time. My experience was the same as the my second, I was bored and only noticed more flaws with the story and characters. I have yet to like any of Abrams movies so I wasn't really surprised since I knew exactly what I was going to see with the lackluster trailers. I much prefer the other six films.

Mr. Forest

Attila the Professor said:
Ok, I'll bite: why the third time?
It had been month since I last saw it so I decided why not kill time and go see it at the cheap theater two streets away. Plus my co-worker who I saw it with hadn't seen it yet so I took them with me. At least my most recent experience has made me realize I have no interest in buying the Blu-ray, at least as of right now.

Z dweller

Mr. Forest said:
I recently saw TFA for my third time. My experience was the same as the my second, I was bored and only noticed more flaws with the story and characters. I have yet to like any of Abrams movies so I wasn't really surprised since I knew exactly what I was going to see with the lackluster trailers. I much prefer the other six films.
Wow... how many times do you watch movies you do like? :confused:

Mr. Forest

Z dweller said:
Wow... how many times do you watch movies you do like? :confused:
Quite often. But I the case of TFA, I love Star Wars so I figured I would try seeing it again to see if I could warm up to it. Nothing so far. But I wouldn't consider myself a hater or anyth I Nguyen so you won't be seeing me constantly attacking the fikm. All I can really say is I didn't like it and I'Lloyd just leave it at that.

Joe Brody

Mr. Forest said:

Agreed on the boredom, obvious inconsistencies, and just plain old lack of re-watchability on an attempted second viewing. Due to the Brussels shutdown I got rerouted onto a Turkish Airlines flight a few days ago and tried to rewatch because there just weren't a whole lot of film options. I couldn't get past the opening planet scenes.

Compare this poor showing to JJ's Star Trek which has a high rewatch-ability factor. Que sera, sera.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
Agreed on the boredom, obvious inconsistencies, and just plain old lack of re-watchability on an attempted second viewing. Due to the Brussels shutdown I got rerouted onto a Turkish Airlines flight a few days ago and tried to rewatch because there just weren't a whole lot of film options. I couldn't get past the opening planet scenes.

Compare this poor showing to JJ's Star Trek which has a high rewatch-ability factor. Que sera, sera.

I was also on flight that had this (nothing as fancy as Turkish airlines and Brussels....). I like TFA when I saw it. So I was happy to have a chance to see it again. I was bored after 20 minutes. Now part of that might be me turning into a grumpy old man, but I had ZERO interest to see any of it a second time. I am sure I will continue to see these as they are released. But I can see my desire to go to Star Wars movies the same as seeing comic book movies - none.

Lego Indy

TFA was wonderful! Great story, acting, dialogue, and action. It's the Star Wars we've been waiting for since 1983. (y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A review of the novel Star Wars: Bloodline which takes place 6 years prior.
Unlike other Star Wars books I’ve read in the past year, this one didn’t make me want to claw my eyes out.
Life is still good for the Solos.
There exists footage of Leia Organa murdering Jabba the Hutt with her bare hands and the Hutts have spent decades trying to destroy every existing copy.
Kinky. But I thought you couldn't copy files in Star Wars?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Faint praise from James Cameron...
Well? George Lucas is a friend of mine and George and I had a good conversation about it. I don?t want to say too much about the film as I have a lot of respect for J.J. Abrams. I want to see where they?re taking it next, see what they?re doing with it. But I gotta say I think that George?s six films, had more innovative visual imagination. And this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before, and characters you had seen before. It took a few baby steps forward with new characters. But for me the jury is out, I want to see where they go with it.
... and Steven Spielberg:
George Lucas' fingerprints are on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, because that movie is an homage to Episode 4, 5, and 6. A complete homage, so George Lucas is all over The Force Awakens, lest we ever forget that.