History Channel: Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest

sandiegojones

FYI, I just saw a commercial for this show on History. It'll air on Sunday May 18th.

Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest:

Throughout history there have been legendary artifacts that have captured the imagination of adventurers everywhere. While belief in their existence seems to fly in the face of reason and science, there have been those who have devoted their lives to their discovery. One man has looked for some of these remarkable treasures. He is Indiana Jones--professor of archeology and an adventurer who has uncovered some of the world's greatest mysteries. But Dr. Jones is just a fictitious character and it's widely assumed that the artifacts he searched for were also figments of a writer's imagination. But were they?

Last edited:

Legendary Times

I will actually be in this program

I'm proud to say that I will actually appear on this program! :hat:

I was interviewed for this program a few months back and I was just told the other day that I will appear in the segment in which the show talks about the new movie's McGuffin, the crystal skull.

Real-life experts have been interviewed for this show exploring the real-life aspects behind the Indiana Jones movies, especially the artifacts Indy chases after, ie. the Ark, the Holy Grail, the Sankara Stone and the Crystal Skull.

I, of course, was interviewed to offer the Ancient Astronaut perspective on the crystal skulls, with the theory that the crystal skulls have an extraterrestrial connection.

Can't wait to see it! Let me know what you think!

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, Legendary Times :whip:

Deckard said:
and the face. I'll give it a chance tho.

I don't need History OR Discovery trying to indoctrinate me with this pseudo-scientific bunk. Life's too short to spend it listening to a bunch of unqualified quacks.

The most unfortunate thing about this whole plotline for Indy 4 is the guaranteed surge of nutjobs this forum will see in relation, all jerking themselves off with their copies of Chariots of the Gods. Meh.

Nothing wrong with believing what you will... but the will to spread that tripe as fact to a bunch of gullible idiots is the most disgusting part to me. Leave that nonsense to the tabloids.

~Bender~

I don't need History OR Discovery trying to indoctrinate me with this pseudo-scientific bunk. Life's too short to spend it listening to a bunch of unqualified quacks.

The most unfortunate thing about this whole plotline for Indy 4 is the guaranteed surge of nutjobs this forum will see in relation, all jerking themselves off with their copies of Chariots of the Gods. Meh.

Nothing wrong with believing what you will... but the will to spread that tripe as fact to a bunch of gullible idiots is the most disgusting part to me. Leave that nonsense to the tabloids.
Today 12:57 AM

Geez, relax Resident Alien, If you don't believe in this stuff, thats fine, frankly niether do I, but I'll watch it for mere entertainment first and take it with a grain of salt. Why do you feel the need to attack people who do believe in it and call them quacks and nutjobs?

~Bender~ said:
Geez, relax Resident Alien, If you don't believe in this stuff, thats fine, frankly niether do I, but I'll watch it for mere entertainment first and take it with a grain of salt. Why do you feel the need to attack people who do believe in it and call them quacks and nutjobs?

I call 'em as I see 'em. And our pal, Giorgio, is certifiable.

A_True_Believer

You know RA, maybe, just maybe, they'll do this in an objective fashion and show all possible angles for each McGuffin, from plausible to ludicrous. There's nothing wrong with a good debate, especially if the audience is left to make up their own minds.

Edit: I can't help but notice the irony of someone with the handle of "ResidentALIEN" being vehemently against the notion of the skull having extraterrestrial origins. :)

Adamwankenobi

ResidentAlien said:

I don't believe in any of the mythical/religious ideas presented in the films. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy suspending my disbelief as I would for any other fantasy. :cool:

ReggieSnake

A_True_Believer said:
You know RA, maybe, just maybe, they'll do this in an objective fashion and show all possible angles for each McGuffin, from plausible to ludicrous. There's nothing wrong with a good debate, especially if the audience is left to make up their own minds.
Yeah, why not? They might have an interesting take on the subjects. I hope there are more real facts and theories than mere speculations, though.
EDIT: Meaning about the physical artifacts themselves and the people who believed in them, not the mythical/spiritual side of things.

Last edited:

JerryKing

~Bender~ said:
(...) people who do believe in it and call them quacks and nutjobs?

Could it be because they are?

By the way, this is indeed the most infuriating aspect of "Skull" (more than Shia and all the forced references to past movies...) - that Indy will now be tied to the moronic and racist babbling of that nazi psycho "von" Daeniken and his ilk of drooling loons. Have they stopped believing in the "face on Mars" yet?

sandiegojones

Adamwankenobi said:
I don't believe in any of the mythical/religious ideas presented in the films. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy suspending my disbelief as I would for any other fantasy. :cool:
Me too!

I just was advising the show was on due to Indy.

A_True_Believer said:
Edit: I can't help but notice the irony of someone with the handle of "ResidentALIEN" being vehemently against the notion of the skull having extraterrestrial origins. :)

resident alien
?noun
1. an alien who has legally established residence in the U.S.
2. an alien who has legally entered the U.S. as an immigrant with the intention of becoming a citizen.

Wow. Epic phail, bro. You mean... words may have multiple meanings?

My screen name has nothing to do with ETs.

sandiegojones said:
That would be cool. Indy finds that the temple is filled with illegal aliens trying to sell oranges! :D

Yeah, Indy discovers an ancient trail leading from Mexico past the US border that to this day carries a mysterious people on an inexplicable trek northward.

:p

WillKill4Food

I second RA's statements.
For me, that is one thing I've always hated about the new Indy: the possible (almost positive) connections to the Ancient Astronaut theory.
Sorry, LegendaryTimes, but I think you believe in hogwash.
Of course, it could be argued that I believe in hogwash, too; but at least my hogwash is somewhat founded.
The theories proposed by Daniken (forgive me, I don't want to waster time on umlauts) are ludicrous and nonsensical. Anyone who has read his work will quickly realize that he does some actual research, but always leaves out the plethora of contradicting research.
For instance, when describing his "electrical Ark," he says, and I quote, "without actually consulting Exodus..." and admits that he has no foundation for the theory that follows. And the theory that followed was crazy and contradicted by the very Book that he claims to have used to back him.
He is a lunatic, and his books are perhaps the only books that Nazis should have ever burned...too bad he didn't write them back then.