What Issues of "Dark Horse Comics" Feature Indy?

HJTHX1138

Alright, so a while back I was at a comic book swap-meet . . . thing and one of the merchants had individual issues of a rag simply called "Dark Horse Comics".

Each issue featured three or four episodic "segments" of a bigger story, most of them involving a licensed movie character or based on a franchise (I.E. Alien, Predator, Robocop, Terminator, Star Wars, or Indiana Jones.)

I ended up buying a few, some I didn't really care for, but in the end I had issues #5 and #6. Inside were parts 3 and 4 of "Indiana Jones and The Shrine of The Sea Devil.

I was wondering if anyone was selling issues #3 and #4 and if anyone could give me a checklist of every issue with an Indiana Jones story.

The Indy issues I currently own look like this:

31607-4864-35198-1-dark-horse-comics_super.jpg

dhc6.jpg

Any help would be awesome! :hat:

HJTHX1138

Attila the Professor said:
There's not an easily examinable table, it looks like, but here's the info.

The anthology ran 25 issues, from August 1992 to September 1994.

Thanks.

Uhh . . . from what I can glean from this, the only other issues that have Indy stories are the other two parts of "Shrine of The Sea Devil".

Can someone confirm this?

indyclone25

correct the issues you ned to get are .....dark horse comics issue three and four
issue 3 has alien on the cover and issues 4 has predator on the cover

HJTHX1138

indyclone25 said:
correct the issues you ned to get are .....dark horse comics issue three and four
issue 3 has alien on the cover and issues 4 has predator on the cover

Alright, Thanks for the help everyone!

The hunt begins . . . :whip:

Junior Jones

There was also a one-shot Shrine of the Sea Devil that collected all four parts into one issue. It used the cover art from Dark Horse Comics #6. If you just want to read the story I'd recommend this, but if you're trying to complete your Indiana Jones comic collection, DHC #3-6 will do it. (I have both versions, but I never open the DHC issues.)

Goodeknight

Easiest route, though probably not very "collectible" or valuable long term, are the omnibuses.

Omnibus Vol. 1 contains
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Thunder in the Orient
Indiana Jones and the Arms of Gold

Omnibus Vol. 2 contains
Indiana Jones and the Golden Fleece
Indiana Jones and the Shrine of the Sea Devil
Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix
Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny
Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates

Both from 2008.

HJTHX1138

Junior Jones said:
There was also a one-shot Shrine of the Sea Devil that collected all four parts into one issue. It used the cover art from Dark Horse Comics #6. If you just want to read the story I'd recommend this, but if you're trying to complete your Indiana Jones comic collection, DHC #3-6 will do it. (I have both versions, but I never open the DHC issues.)

Eh, as long as I have them, I'd rather keep looking.

If I ever do find the one-shot, I'll take it though.

(I need that second Omnibus soo bad :mad: )

Goodeknight

HJTHX1138 said:
(I need that second Omnibus soo bad :mad: )

Pretty cheap on eBay. Like I said, they'll probably never be worth anything, but if you're interested in the stories themselves and not the collectibility then they might be the way to go.

HJTHX1138

goodeknight said:
Pretty cheap on eBay. Like I said, they'll probably never be worth anything, but if you're interested in the stories themselves and not the collectibility then they might be the way to go.

. . . is it stupid to say I'd want both?

I'm that close to having them all, and I like the other stories all right, I just don't mind tracking them down.

That, and I prefer walking into the store and physically picking up the next volume (I'm really picky about shipping books, they always show to my house literally thrown into my yard. I'm very lucky if it's not wet or eaten by my stupid dogs :( )

I even know a place that has it, I'm just busy.

Was there ever a volume 3 or 4?

Goodeknight

HJTHX1138 said:
. . . is it stupid to say I'd want both?

Not any more "stupid" than people buying multiple sets of action figures. One to open and play with, one to display unopened, and one to bury in a climate controlled vault in the back yard for when the apocalypse comes and collectibles and gasoline are the only remaining forms of money.

HJTHX1138 said:
Was there ever a volume 3 or 4?

You've got to start doing some easy research. Besides those two omnibuses, Dark Horse also reprinted the entire Further Adventures in three volumes. Bought the rights from Marvel.

It took me approximately 20 years to complete my Further Adventures collection. Started in college and bought the last few issues just a few years ago.

HJTHX1138

goodeknight said:
Not any more "stupid" than people buying multiple sets of action figures. One to open and play with, one to display unopened, and one to bury in a climate controlled vault in the back yard for when the apocalypse comes and collectibles and gasoline are the only remaining forms of money.

I'm hoping the next "Fallout" game will feature this mechanic.

goodeknight said:
Dark Horse also reprinted the entire Further Adventures in three volumes. Bought the rights from Marvel.

:eek: WAIT THEY DID?!?

Aw, what the hell . . . That's another "thing I'm collecting and reading at the same time".

Wow, do I feel stupid. Thanks for telling me :p