Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul

Forbidden Eye

Attila the Professor said:
Dry martinis all around, then?

Yeah he's definitely being sarcastic; as much happened on Ozymandias this Sunday as what has happened in the previous 4 1/2 seasons.

I haven't rewatched any episodes and don't really expect to in the future. I suspect that's because I find the show somewhat insular, or at least limited, likely as a result of its strong focus on a single character and its taking place within such a brief span of time.

Interesting you should mentioned this, as AMC announced recently they will be green-lighting "Better Call Saul".

Even if that show doesn't quite turn out like Fraiser, I'm watching every episode! (y)

Dr. Gonzo

Gilligan (the creator) has said that his favorite episode of the entire series is "Ozymandias"... so I don't know how you could interpret that for the final two we have yet to see...

Oh yeah and the final two episodes are being extended for a 75 min run time (including commercials.)

and then there's this...
jesse-from-breaking-bad-price-is-right.gif

for no good reason.

Lance Quazar

Heartbreaking. I watched the clip of him on "Price is Right". He was only over in his showcase guess by a hundred bucks and change.

Came SO close!!!

But he probably would have would up just tossing the winnings out his car window, so.....

Dr. Gonzo

Breaking Bad finally won the Emmy last night for best drama series.

Going out on top...

1 episode left to go till it's all over.

Forbidden Eye

As good as Ozymandias was, I felt last night's episode(Granite State) was just as good, if not better, than it. How the show incorporated the longer version of the main theme at the end was simply perfect.

This show could easily be something revolutionary; it may go down in history as being one of the only shows to go longer than 2 seasons and never have any lulls or major declines in quality. Kudos to the cast and crew.

Dr. Gonzo

Forbidden Eye said:
As good as Ozymandias was, I felt last night's episode(Granite State) was just as good, if not better, than it. How the show incorporated the longer version of the main theme at the end was simply perfect.

I was on my feet for that! That had to be one of the best endings of an episode I've seen from the show... got me geared up for the last episode... The music was perfect... and to my recollection that was the first (and probably last) time they used the main title theme. Wasn't it:confused:

Attila the Professor said:
The show will be eligible for the second half of Season 5 at next year's Emmys.
Indeed. Aaron Paul deserves an emmy, especially for these last few episodes.

Anyway until next week I'll be humming this in my head...

You better watch out
you better not cry
better not pout
I'm telling you why
HEISENBERG is coming to town...

:gun: :dead:

roundshort

Spoiler Alert

I know the ending! Do not read is you don't want the know the end!

Or are easily offended....

The penultimate scene is a huge gun battle between Walter and the neo0Nazis and he is penned down! The camera fades to black

After a few short scene we see a Northwestern Logging camp and an aged but alive Walter walking to a little cabin. In it is Dexter who says "Walter you meet the code, but I can't quit you..."

New for next season on the LGBT network "Feltch" is --

Breaking Brokeback Dexter - a love story sort of....

Dr. Gonzo

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TkA7xQb6uPk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good bye Walter H. White...

Forbidden Eye

Dr. Gonzo said:
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TkA7xQb6uPk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good bye Walter H. White...

Figured you would post that. ;)

The ending was pretty much as perfect as it could get. Can't wait for Better Call Saul!

Dr. Gonzo

Forbidden Eye said:
Figured you would post that. ;)

The ending was pretty much as perfect as it could get. Can't wait for Better Call Saul!

Yeah... I was satisfied... But it seems a few strange fans are griping about it. :confused:

Forbidden Eye said:
Can't wait for Better Call Saul!

Me too, I think one of the writers (Peter Gould, who created the character actually) is going to be the show-runner.(y)

anyway...

death.gif

Forbidden Eye

Dr. Gonzo said:
Yeah... I was satisfied... But it seems a few strange fans are griping about it. :confused:

The only real complaint I've read over and over was that it was predictable...which it was. I think since everybody was so used to being surprised by the unexpected twists and turns this show took over and over again a lot of people were expecting to be shocked or to have something out of the blue(hahaha get it? blue meth eh) to happen. Instead, we got what we were anticipating. Even Walt's use of the ricin and the machine gun were pretty much what we were expecting.

I personally don't mind predictability as long as its well executed, which this most definitely was. I also liked that aside from Walt, they left the fate of the other characters pretty ambiguous.

Dr. Gonzo

Forbidden Eye said:
The only real complaint I've read over and over was that it was predictable...which it was. I think since everybody was so used to being surprised by the unexpected twists and turns this show took over and over again a lot of people were expecting to be shocked or to have something out of the blue(hahaha get it? blue meth eh) to happen. Instead, we got what we were anticipating.

Which is what made it BRILLIANT in my opinion... it shocked me by not being "surprising" but by being SATISFYING.
I think that's just great. I miss it already.

Now I have nothing to look forward to Sundays.

roundshort

I have to agree with the above. It was clean, crisp, and well done. Great economy of time and no wasted shots (unlike this run on sentence).

I was also glad for the last scene of Skinny Pete! Awesome.

Am I the only here who likes American Horror Story? This years looks very cool!