Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul

Forbidden Eye

So the complete show has been on Netflix for roughly a year and a half now, has anyone else around here embarked on the adventures of Walter H. White?

...or even better, has anyone given Better Call Saul a chance?

Z dweller

Forbidden Eye said:
So the complete show has been on Netflix for roughly a year and a half now, has anyone else around here embarked on the adventures of Walter H. White?

...or even better, has anyone given Better Call Saul a chance?
I watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul on AMC and absolutely loved them. (y)

Tense, funny and very well written, with great emphasis on character development, as we've come to expect from Vince Gilligan.

Looks like the beginning of anther great series, one I'll be sure to follow.

russds

Haven't seen Better Call Saul yet, although I want to. Maybe when it's on Netflix.

I did embark on watching the whole BB series on Netflix about 3-5 months ago, (hadn't seen it before) and loved it. Well written, excellent attention to detail, and as many critics have said, probably one of the best drama shows of all time. Very well done.

Gear

I caught Breaking Bad a couple of times when it was airing and it really intrigued me, but you can't just bungy into a series like that more than halfway through. It wasn't until recently I gave the series a try.. and became hooked on 'The Blue'. Plus, thanks to Netflix, I didn't have to wait on the cliff for months on end.

Direction was great; use of colors, foreshadowing, placement, etc. Acting was great (like Bryan Cranston's impromptu crying during Jane's death), and of course the writting, kept you wanting to know what happens next.

I did find myself frustrated by Walt and Skylers' dysfunctional marriage, although that was deliberate. I thought Skyler was irritatingly closed off, but Walt also became delusionally selfish. Also, interesting how Walt never uses his own product, but nonetheless becomes addicted and 'The Blue' becomes his world. Sort of a mid-life-crisis story, too.

Did anyone else enjoy how atmospheric it was as well as how the ghostly urban legend of Heisenberg permeates the area? The last couple of episodes, especially; we see the old Whites' house as a sort of... urban shrine (?)

As far as the series' ending goes, I'm surprised you guys haven't mentioned the open-ending that Walt's story could take:

https://youtu.be/Yb4nKFKKcGQ

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

Better Call Saul is officially over. Concluding over six seasons. Roughly the same length as Breaking Bad.

Can’t believe it’s over. But what a phenomenal couple series of television both have been.

ROB98374

They are such great shows! I definitely recommend them both! I liked how BCS had a mix of old and new characters. It's a show that can stand on its own.

Grizzlor

I felt the final season went off the rails after the drug cartel story wrapped, but that's just me. Didn't care for the ending.

Joe Brody

My wife and I were very late to the party and only binged watched BB earlier this year and BCS on Netflix, purchasing the last season on Apple to watch the final season. I thought the finale was thoughtful, appropriate and better than most finale's for long running shows. The time machine gimmick was a good way to differentiate between Walter White and Saul.I especially liked the last court scene.