Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I wonder if the end level/epilogue will relate to the opening scene of IV, like Emperor's Tomb's last scene to the opening scene of Temple of Doom?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
I wonder if the end level/epilogue will relate to the opening scene of IV, like Emperor's Tomb's last scene to the opening scene of Temple of Doom?

Well, it's set for 1939. Maybe the game will end with Indy realizing the doors up to the attic of Caswell Hall are locked, so he has to climb a tree to whip through a window, and the image fades away as Indy says, "All right, Jones, how are you going to find the statue in all this junk?"

In all seriousness though...I might be willing to have it start right after that particular series of events, were it not to get in the way of a tumultuous Jones/Hapgood affair.

San Holo

Violet Indy said:
I read a looong time ago, that while the relics in the game and Indy4 are different, there is a small connection in the game and movie. Does anyone else remember seeing this info on LucasArts.com?

Bullwhip

gear guardian said:
I like Staff of Kings alot better than Staff of Moses. Staff of Kings fits in more with the style of the series. The Indiana Jones adventures were suppost to have a B movie feel to them. In my opinion, calling the new Indy game Staff of Moses would be like calling the first Jones movie INDIANA JONES and the LOST ARK rather than RAIDERS of the LOST ARK. Also, the title Staff of Kings sounds more mysterious, "What could that be?... 'Staff of Kings'..." Staff of Moses is like "O.k. what ever. Its Indy looking for Moses's staff". In other words the thrill and adventure is lost.

Think about it...

INDIANA JONES and the STAFF of KINGS

:whip:

This is a good point about the Indy naming convention and one that a lot of fan and official fiction don't seem to get in my opinion. Indiana Jones and the Sankara Stones, and Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail make pretty boring titles.

Gear

Yeah, my point exactly. They have to have an adventurous title. :whip:

This also makes me think of what the games cover will look like. I mean obveously its not just going to say in pencil: indy jons &... yeah...
but what will it be sort of like IM's cover or like ET's cover?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
San Holo said:
I read a looong time ago, that while the relics in the game and Indy4 are different, there is a small connection in the game and movie. Does anyone else remember seeing this info on LucasArts.com?

That was kinda my point. I remember that and that's why I said what I said in my last post. The game's in a small way a prologue or something. It supposed to tie into IV which is why it's being released when IV's released.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas supplied this game's story, right? If it is the staff of Aaron, and Lucas had the idea years ago, maybe it would explain some of the heavy editing Max McCoy was forced to do on Secret fo the Sphinx. (In addition to the rumored time travel weirdness.)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Moedred said:
Lucas supplied this game's story, right? If it is the staff of Aaron, and Lucas had the idea years ago, maybe it would explain some of the heavy editing Max McCoy was forced to do on Secret fo the Sphinx. (In addition to the rumored time travel weirdness.)

Except he <I>did</I> find the staff of Aaron, and then it sprouted into an almond tree. Actually, I haven't read that interview in awhile; I only recall the time travel bit being what was objectionable.

Speaking of expanded universe encroaching on the toes of the bigger-profile stuff...

I was reading an old interview with Hal Barwood the other day (I'll be damned if I remember which site, but it was old magazine scans... I think from PC Gamer) and he was talking about Infernal Machine being his second idea. He said the original story he wanted to do was too close to something George wanted to do for a possible future Indy flick and so he had to scrap it...

...doesn't really tell us a damn thing of course... but it's interesting all the same...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I remember reading that. Good Find, ResidentAlien. I wonder what his first idea was? Saucermen from Mars, lol.

San Holo

Violet Indy said:
That was kinda my point. I remember that and that's why I said what I said in my last post. The game's in a small way a prologue or something. It supposed to tie into IV which is why it's being released when IV's released.
I found the exact quote-"Our game is going to be tied into the movie in the sense that we'll have locations, scenes and characters that foreshadow events in the movie. But the movie is going to be taking place chronologically in a later time frame. We're doing an Indy adventure in the classic Raiders timeframe of the late 30s. The Nazis are the bad guys, there's a race against evil to get something that has the potential to change the course of humankind".:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yep, that's the quote! Good find, San. I remembered that it was meant to be a form of foreshadowing or something along those lines... Time to speculate.

If it is the "Staff of Moses" now known as "Staff of Kings", guessing it's the same staff.... now what MacGuffins are related to that? Ark. Staff of Aaron. Anything else?

Another thing: Would Abner have researched into that too? I mean, it is connected to the Ark. So Marion could be in this game... wait a sec, I also remember a quote to do with familiar characters that could be appearing in this game. They never said who, but they said there would be characters from the films involved in the game's story! Hmmm...

Shortie

4/15/08?

I was on Best Buy & I saw the pre-order for the next-gen it said 4/15. Is this for real or is it just some random date they have?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The title has never been Staff of Kings. First it was Indiana Jones 2007 and now it's Indiana Jones.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
This search session has expired. Please start a search session again by clicking on the TRADEMARK icon, if you wish to continue.