Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

AndyLGR

Pick shots and re-shoots are a common thing in films these days. I'll reserve judgement til I see the film.

Lambonius

Yeah. I'd be less concerned about them doing reshoots, and more concerned that Disney's executives are directly overseeing the creative process. THAT'S the scary part. ;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Lambonius said:
Yeah. I'd be less concerned about them doing reshoots, and more concerned that Disney's executives are directly overseeing the creative process. THAT'S the scary part. ;)

They have a pretty solid track record. If you don't count, Tomorrowland, The Lone Ranger, John Carter, and The Sorcerer?s Apprentice. Seems like they bank one bad film every year.

Stoo

Grizzlor said:
Uh oh. I'm pretty shocked that the Death Star plan story could be screwed up.
No surprise. Why are you shocked, Grizzlor?:confused:
Lambonius said:
Disney's executives are directly overseeing the creative process. THAT'S the scary part. ;)
Too right. This is the largest detriment.:sick:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Lambonius said:
Disney's executives are directly overseeing the creative process. THAT'S the scary part. ;)

Consider the same for Indy. You can bet the exe people will be highly involved with the serial property, to be sure.

Grizzlor

Stoo said:
No surprise. Why are you shocked, Grizzlor?:confused:

Surprised simply because this is a known story, sure they can spin it themselves, but it's pretty straightforward chase story. They also don't really have to worry about the characters long term, as most will be one and done.

Stoo

Grizzlor said:
Surprised simply because this is a known story, sure they can spin it themselves, but it's pretty straightforward chase story. They also don't really have to worry about the characters long term...
Maybe the executive board wasn't happy because the initial cut didn't give enough screen-time to young girl characters? :confused: That's their undeniable focus.

It would be sweet if the story connected with Episode 3 of the "Star Wars" radio show (but I won't count on it).

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Gloria Katz and Willard Huyck did a polish on the 4th draft of Star Wars in 1976. Since then Lucas discovered he could release, polish, repeat. Sounds like the new gang is working to get things right the first time again.

Le Saboteur

The latest trailer has been released on line.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/frdj1zb9sMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IndyBuff

I'm really looking forward to this one. I liked what they did with Episode VII and Rogue One has the chance to be a really different kind of film, given that it's not part of a trilogy. That gives them some breathing room to mix things up and try something new. With each trailer and update I become more excited.

Z dweller

IndyBuff said:
I'm really looking forward to this one. I liked what they did with Episode VII and Rogue One has the chance to be a really different kind of film, given that it's not part of a trilogy. That gives them some breathing room to mix things up and try something new. With each trailer and update I become more excited.
Completely agree: I love all the Rogue One trailers and believe that there is every chance it'll be better than TFA (which I liked a lot anyway, despite its being so derivative).

The whole thing gives me hope that Disney might also prove capable of reviving the Indiana Jones series with prequels worthy of the original movies, after the last chapter with Ford is out of the way.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Scale. That's all I could think. Guess who'll be in IMAX this December.

Z dweller said:
The whole thing gives me hope that Disney might also prove capable of reviving the Indiana Jones series with prequels worthy of the original movies, after the last chapter with Ford is out of the way.

There's a Disney thread somewhere in here I'm too lazy to link now, that should be getting some love. They're storytellers. Always have been, and despite an occasional mediocre telling of a story, they have it down, better than anyone right now. In every aspect of their medium.

Z dweller

Pale Horse said:
They're storytellers. Always have been, and despite an occasional mediocre telling of a story, they have it down, better than anyone right now. In every aspect of their medium.
Wow...
That's got to be you most optimistic remark on the future of the Indy franchise in a long, long time.

Are you going soft in your old age, Horsie? ;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Z dweller said:
Are you going soft in your old age, Horsie? ;)

It's been a rough month.

I'm all for more Indy stories. I believe Disney can deliver them. I just never thought it's been high on their priority list, especially with the current players.

But I'm higher on Disney of late for a sundry of reasons that I won't go into right now. It's because of that, that I might sound optimistic of Indy (post) V.

That other thread, the Jungle Cruise one with the cinematic tie in's.....awesome. The sooner that gets to Anaheim, the better.

Seeing how the scale of Rogue is hinted at in this clip makes me hopeful. In fact, you might say that this film has the potential to lead me to a new hope.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
First a Robot Chicken-style parody, then the movie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jIrw_AszBvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Supercut:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D26gCL4CpKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>