Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 3)

...and the adventure continues. Thanks for re-opening the thread.:hat:

CiteFoudre_12_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_13_ENGa.jpg

CiteFoudre_14_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_15_ENG.jpg

Stoo

Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 4)

If any mods are reading this...would it be possible to change the thread title from "Cite" to "Cité" (or "Indiana Jones et la...") without anyone losing subscription?
indyclone25 said:
just wondering when the next pages are ready?
I've actually had many pages ready for awhile but there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for this thread (apart from yourself and DIrish). Maybe it's the loading time?

CiteFoudre_16_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_17_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_18_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_19_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_20_ENG.jpg

Plaristes

Oh, I'm definitely enthusiastic, I just haven't had anything particularly worth saying so far. I'm loving this translation project, though. (y) (y) (y)

Stoo

Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 5)

Plaristes said:
...haven't had anything particularly worth saying so far. I'm loving this translation project, though. (y) (y) (y)
That's worth saying!:D :hat: Glad you guys are enjoying this. Again, let's extend our gratitude to Icybro and DIrishB for providing the scans in the 1st place!
Plus, DIrish's help in "americanizing" the translations. DB, did you ever get a chance to work on the last batch (29-46) that I sent you back in Nov.?

And thanks to whoever fixed the thread's title!:hat:

CiteFoudre_21_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_22_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_23_ENG.jpg

The Drifter

After many hours and days of deciphering and using my copy of Rosetta Stone, I have found out what this page says.
Look below the picture for the translation.
ijcf10.jpg

<b>First Panel</b>
Woman: "Wow! I wonder who left all this giant popcorn laying around?"

<b>Second Panel</b>
Woman: "I've got to go pinch a loaf, Dr. Jones. Why don't you go have a drink?"

<b>Third Panel</b>
Indiana Jones: "......."

<b>Forth Panel</b>
Woman: "Do you like my dress? Oh, and is that your whip in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" *giggle!* Retard!

Indiana Jones: "Did you use Tan-In-A-Can or do you have jaundice? I need some whiskey."

<b>Fifth Panel</b>
Woman: "If you're going to insult me. I'll turn around and walk right back out into that cliche'd, middle-eastern marketplace scene!"

DIrishB

Thats funny Lonsome Drifter. :)

But please, lets not derail this thread, at least until the translated pages are done being posted.

Stoo said:
DB, did you ever get a chance to work on the last batch (29-46) that I sent you back in Nov.?

OMG, I almost completely forgot about those. I started working on them immediately and then got sidetracked. I think I still had 5 or 6 pages to go over, but the majority is already done. I'll get those to you in the next few days.

Stoo

Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 6)

Here's the next run of pages. The final things we need to finish this off are:

-DIrish's reviews/touch-ups of the last batch of translations
-a scan of the unedited, Bagheera version's last page (but considering it features a woman's breast, maybe the forum rules won't allow it?:confused: :p)
Indyclone (or anyone else), feel up to providing it?

CiteFoudre_24_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_25_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_26_ENGa.jpg

CiteFoudre_27_ENGa.jpg

CiteFoudre_28_ENGa.jpg

DIrishB

Stoo said:
Here's the next run of pages. The final things we need to finish this off are:

-DIrish's reviews/touch-ups of the last batch of translations

Working on those now. I had more to do than I thought, but I'll have it done tonight.

-a scan of the unedited, Bagheera version's last page (but considering it features a woman's breast, maybe the forum rules won't allow it?:confused: :p)
Indyclone (or anyone else), feel up to providing it?

I have the original Bagheera version (hardcover), but I don't see any breasts (well, nude ones anyway). Maybe they even edited some versions of the original?

Stoo

DIrishB said:
Working on those now. I had more to do than I thought, but I'll have it done tonight.

I have the original Bagheera version (hardcover), but I don't see any breasts (well, nude ones anyway). Maybe they even edited some versions of the original?
My mistake, then! In the "Secret de la Pyramide", I thought there was talk of 2 different versions. Guess I misunderstood. Anyway, I received your last batch so it looks like now we have everything needed to continue.:D

Stoo

Sorry for the double post but I meant "in the Secret de la Pyramide thread" (because we were discussing the "Foudre" pages there). D'oh!:eek:

DIrishB

Stoo said:
My mistake, then! In the "Secret de la Pyramide", I thought there was talk of 2 different versions. Guess I misunderstood. Anyway, I received your last batch so it looks like now we have everything needed to continue.:D

I remember what you're referring to, but I never understood. I owned both versions of both Secret de la Pyramide and Cite de la Foudre (the Bagheera originals and the Shell reprints), and I even owned the paperback Renault version of the Secret de la Pyramide story. I never noticed nudity in any of them.

I'll start making scans of the third book in the next few days.

Stoo

Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 7)

DIrishB said:
I remember what you're referring to, but I never understood. I owned both versions of both Secret de la Pyramide and Cite de la Foudre (the Bagheera originals and the Shell reprints), and I even owned the paperback Renault version of the Secret de la Pyramide story. I never noticed nudity in any of them.
The specific panel I'm referring to is the very, last page, panel 2. Kamala's sari/robe is ripped and her breast is exposed. Since I'm going from Icybro's Shell scan (it's the only version I've seen), there's no detail but a darker, flesh colour has been used to create a shadow. Due to the conversation in the other thread, I was confused into thinking that the Bagheera version had inked detail, thus, "uncensored".:eek:

CiteFoudre_29_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_30_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_31_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_32_ENG.jpg

DIrishB

Only a few more pages to go! Guess I better get started on the scans for the third book.

Great job Stoo!