Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

RaideroftheArk

Lego Indy said:
I own a Wii and am thinking about purchasing Staff of Kings. Would you recommend it for me and my family? (y)

Absolutely!

It takes a little while to get use to the controls, but it definitely is a lot of fun for what it is.

I'm very interested in trying out the co-op mode.

Exulted Unicron

maybe I'm a little to slow to notice this. But did anyone else notice the fact the Bruisers look alot like the giant German Mechanic? while the generic nazis have a look of Gobler about them?

Peru1936

Exulted Unicron said:
maybe I'm a little to slow to notice this. But did anyone else notice the fact the Bruisers look alot like the giant German Mechanic? while the generic nazis have a look of Gobler about them?

I don't think the Chinese bruisers look anything like the German mechanic.

Lego Indy

I just started playing it on the wii. Getting used to the controls takes some time and effort. Having to repeat the tutorials over and over is a pain, but overall I love the game! (y)

Peru1936

Lego Indy said:
I just started playing it on the wii. Getting used to the controls takes some time and effort. Having to repeat the tutorials over and over is a pain, but overall I love the game! (y)

Not being able to skip tutorials is most certainly one of the biggest drawbacks of the game. The controls are fickle and often bizarre (like the whip controls for saving Suzie), but once you get used to what part of the controls work best, then it works out fine. In fighting, for example, dodging is the key to winning a fight and not getting hit. It's all about the dodge.

So far I've completed the story, gotten all of the artifacts, but still have to do all the glory moves.

All in all, I also really enjoyed the game, minus some unnecessary frustrations that are part of the poor game design. I like to throw it on again from time to time and play through a stage or two.

Exulted Unicron

I do own all versions of Staff and I've gotta say, the PS2 version and the PSP vesions are the easiest. All you really need for the PS2 version is the analogue stick to move, R2 for the whip and other minor things when they come up. The plane scene in sudan is alot easier too.

The downsides to it are: There's no achievements like there are in the DS, PSP and Wii versions. And there's a lack of co-op play.

Exulted Unicron

Exulted Unicron said:
Has anyone picked up on any movie score cues in the game? I've noticed 2 so far.

Desert Chase - Sudan
In the Jungle/The Idol Temple (I think) - Panama

Those are what I've noticed thus far, anyone else noticed any?

Prime Blue

If you're talking new compositions heavily influenced by Williams' cues, there are some lists available. If you mean the original cues, there's many of them. The opening, for example, uses "East Meets West"/"Area 51"/"Nevada, 1957" from KotCS...which just so happens to be one of my favorite new cues Williams created for the movie.

Exulted Unicron

Yeah, I've been playing it thoroughly for the past few days ad now up to the temple in Panama. It's been great and of course, I noticed the moments in the game where you could hear the John William's moments at certain points in the game, such as Desert Chase for parts in Sudan and In The Junge/Idol's Temple for Panama. To me, they made a great homage to the classic themes of the movies and of course, fit the scenes, rather than being there just because

Udvarnoky

The Istanbul level is my favorite. Sure, it's a poor man's Zelda dungeon in a game that is basically a poor man's Drake's Fortune, but it definitely stands out as the most interesting and enjoyable level to me.