Indiana Jones & Super Bowl XXIX

Stoo said:
Would the Higher Powers remove this particular upload if they found it?:confused:
I'm sure it'll be around long enough for us to make copies and disseminate it further...

Stoo said:
Yeah, and the whole time it was sitting under Moe's nose!:eek: This is a wonderful story and an IMPORTANT discovery!(y)(y)(y)
Well, its certainly rare...important is another question.

Stoo said:
Kind of like the Renoir painting that someone recently sold at a flea market for $7!:eek:
The Indiana Jones Holiday Special is NOTHING like a Renoir! The years must have clouded your memories!

Stoo said:
... my account has already been penalized for copyright infringement and I definitely don't want a 2nd warning.
I hear ya, but I don't mind so if you want a Plan B, backup I'm here too. I don't mind fighting the good fight.It HAS to be protected by fair use by now!

Stoo said:
"Is it safe?":confused: (Laurence Olivier - Marathon Man - 1976)
"Winners go home and [animalistically grunt on] the prom queen" :eek: (Sean Connery - The Rock - 1996)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the late Christmas present... I'll have up during Super Bowl hype in January. :)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
110541_600.jpg

Is this what YouTubers see all day?
And I just upgraded from telegraph to dial-up.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, just tweeted it!

<iframe width="600" height="420" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wjXSqaSmhh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HenryJunior

It's the best, most terrible thing ever! :D :sick:
(Mmmm, oxymorons...)

Thanks for sharing though, I've been wanting to see this. :hat:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
What's the name of the club at 4:55? I think the stage crew was supposed to tie back the curtain, or it was supposed to be more transparent.

Anthony Benedetto was singing in Queens, New York at age 10 (1936) and "Caravan" was written in 1936... could be canonical, a scene from the Raven's Nest!

Last edited:
HenryJunior said:
It's the best, most terrible thing ever! :D :sick:
(Mmmm, oxymorons...)

Thanks for sharing though, I've been wanting to see this. :hat:
Agreed!

Impressive quality, all the gaudy detail without the vhs bleeding I remember!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
During the fight scene after Tony Bennett, "Club Disneyland" is visible.

I'm pretty sure that's a Three Stooges move at 7:55, complete with sound effects.

Vince Lombardi graduated Fordham university in New York in 1937, also canonical hopefully!

Hope it lasts into February. Feel free to promote it wherever.

JuniorJones said:
It's akin to the Star Wars Holiday Special!;) Except better.

No matter how they continue to debase Star Wars...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lg_FoEy8T_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...they mercifully have not produced "I'm Indy Jones"...

Not that the halftime show wasn't a good try.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Kill it..Kill it with FIRE!

Dear heavens, ^^^

I don't want to live in this galaxy anymore. Or another one, far far away.

Stoo

Moedred said:
Sorry for the late Christmas present... I'll have up during Super Bowl hype in January. :)
A PRESENT IT IS!:hat: THANK YOU, MOEDRED!!!(y)(y)(y) It can't be repeated enough how incredible it is that you had this under your nose all these years. Truly a lost, buried & forgotten artifact. It's a great story.

Just as cheesy as remembered. 18 years ago, I was the only one who stayed in front of the TV to watch this schlock-fest. Everyone else was in the fridge (getting beers, that is). This was a Live Indy Event so I was fixated. Not knowing about the "Forbidden Eye" ride at that point in time, I didn't understand why Indiana Jones was at the Super Bowl and was stunned. Indy was out-of-the-picture in 1994/5 so this show was weird & highly unusual.

Notes:
Patti LaBelle was lip-synched.
Tony Bennett performed live. (Not sure about the last song.)
Product Placement Discovery! (will elaborate further...it's a cool one!)

THANK YOU, MOE!!!:hat:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Stoo said:
Product Placement Discovery! (will elaborate further...it's a cool one!)
If you're referring to the "Release Yourself" lyric "you deserve a break today," I believe it's original, whoever wrote it. Or possibly the Great Seal of the Temple of Doritos Indy crosses, waking Mara?

Hopefully S-video will show you more, like the short woman in the club brawl who has her wig pulled off.

Stoo

McDonald's had stopped using, "You deserve a break today", by the tail end of the '70s so that's not what I was referring to. Didn't even hear it, actually! (Interestingly enough, "Have you had your break today?" was being used c.1995 around the time of this Super Bowl.)

Yes, it was the Great Seal of Doritos! Does anyone know anything about this?:confused: The logo looks Indy-esque so I'm assuming it's a part of the show rather than a regular ad in the stadium. Unfortunately, it's difficult to tell exactly where it is and I can't see it in the overhead shots. (For those interested who can't bear to sit through this inglorious travesty, it's at the 4:12 mark on the video.;))

SuperBowl_Doritos_zpse4b0374f.jpg

For your S-Video upload, Moe, I'd like to suggest cranking the volume!:hat: