Can Indiana Jones 5 be released before Paramount's 100th Anniversary of its name.

moon_tan

Today, May 8, 2012, is the 100th Anniversary of the founding of Famous Players Studio of what became Paramount Pictures in 2014. Paramount recognizes its 100th Anniversary this year even though they did not use a Paramount logo until 2014. Do you think they will release Indiana Jones 5 before the real 100th Anniversary of Paramount in 2014?

Olliana

Well, time is running out, so I don't think it will happen. But maybe by the 30th anniversary of Temple of Doom. :)

Oh wait...

Stoo

moon_tan said:
Today, May 8, 2012, is the 100th Anniversary of the founding of Famous Players Studio of what became Paramount Pictures in 2014. Paramount recognizes its 100th Anniversary this year even though they did not use a Paramount logo until 2014.
Moon Tan, I think you meant to write: 1914.;)

Although I doubt it will happen, it would be a nice surprise.

Archaeos

If Spielberg is supposed to direct, then no, as he seems pretty booked with post/promo for Lincoln until 2012 and then for Robocalypse well into 2013 (plus the claimed JP4, Tintin 2 and Transformer involvements that look to happen before Indy V).

Not to mention the Lucas factor in this equation :whip: .

Personally, I think 2016 might be quite possible, though, if Indy V is seriously entertained by all parties...

Dr. Gonzo

Archaeos said:
Personally, I think 2016 might be quite possible, though, if Indy V is seriously entertained by all parties...
Harrison will be 74 in 2016 :dead: six years shy of 80.

Archaeos

Dr. Gonzo said:
Harrison will be 74 in 2016 :dead: six years shy of 80.

Which would still be 1 year younger than George Hall was when starting to star in YIJC, and there would be 19 years of mileage left to go before Harrison could fill the role of 93-year-old Old Indy himself * :whip: ;)

Seriously, though: if Lucas goes into turbo boost with an idea until end of 2012, it'll then take at least 1.5 years for a fast-tracked script writing/sign-off, then one year for pre-prod, then production and post taking at least further 9 months if there are no scheduling conflicts, so we are looking at a release no sooner than 2016 - incidentally 35 years after ROTLA.

Pale Horse

Staff member
About that, Dr...

I'm starting to research how Christopher Ford died...just to see if there is anything on the horizon worth noting.

Raiders90

Pale Horse said:
I'm starting to research how Christopher Ford died...just to see if there is anything on the horizon worth noting.

You have to take into account that his father died decades ago (thus factoring in medical advances since his death), plus the fact that Harry, as a multimillionaire star, has access to probably the best healthcare money can buy; His father likely didn't. And also that Harrison, while he smokes joints and probably does or used to do a line of coke or two, isn't a party hardy celebrity like Gable or Bogart. He's in great shape for a man of his age.

Raiders90

Can Indiana Jones 5 be released before Harrison's 100th birthday?

I think my title is more appropriate and asks a pertinent question: Can Indy 5 be achieved before Harrison's 100th birthday?

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
He's in great shape for a man of his age.
WOW, Raiders112390! You *really* are a flip-flopping contradictory FLAKE.:gun: Within the past year, you've said that Harrison is "old & weathered", "wrinkled", "long in the tooth", "ancient", etc.

Raiders112390
An actor's appearance kinda defines the character they're playing and when the guy looks older and weathered, their character is going to look the same way.

Raiders112390
You can still suspend your disbelief though when you see a built, youthful looking Harrison Ford do the things he does in Raiders, ToD and LC. But an old, white haired, wrinkled Harrison? Different story.

Raiders112390
And he was looking long in the tooth by LC. I stand by that.

Raiders112390
The point is, the man looks ancient now. He's 70. Indy 5 isn't going to happen. He's a few years away from the retirement home.

Raiders112390
I was pointing out the man aged badly. Accept it,...

----
After all that you've written, how can you NOW say that Harrison is in great shape for a man of his age and expect to be taken seriously?:confused:

====
On-topic: Indy 5 in 2014 is highly unlikely.:(

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
A smart move indeed. So how did Christopher Ford (born John William Ford) die?

Raiders112390 said:
Can Indy 5 be achieved before Harrison's 100th birthday?

That was kinda funny. I mildly applauded in front of my computer.

Stoo said:

Yeah, I mean it's just not gonna happen. At this point I would bet my mother's life insurance on it.

but then again I thought the Pats were gonna take the Super Bowl...
So sorry to me ma if I'm wrong. :eek:

Last edited:

Olliana

Well, regarding that Chris Ford got 93, it's pretty safe to say that he simply died of old age, isn't it?

Raiders90

Stoo said:
WOW, Raiders112390! You *really* are a flip-flopping contradictory FLAKE.:gun: Within the past year, you've said that Harrison is "old & weathered", "wrinkled", "long in the tooth", "ancient", etc.

Raiders112390
An actor's appearance kinda defines the character they're playing and when the guy looks older and weathered, their character is going to look the same way.

Raiders112390
You can still suspend your disbelief though when you see a built, youthful looking Harrison Ford do the things he does in Raiders, ToD and LC. But an old, white haired, wrinkled Harrison? Different story.

Raiders112390
And he was looking long in the tooth by LC. I stand by that.

Raiders112390
The point is, the man looks ancient now. He's 70. Indy 5 isn't going to happen. He's a few years away from the retirement home.

Raiders112390
I was pointing out the man aged badly. Accept it,...

----
After all that you've written, how can you NOW say that Harrison is in great shape for a man of his age and expect to be taken seriously?:confused:

====

FACIALLY he aged rather badly. Body wise he looks to be in great shape. Anything to attack, stalk and try to run me off here.

Dr. Gonzo

Olliana said:
Well, regarding that Chris Ford got 93, it's pretty safe to say that he simply died of old age, isn't it?

True, but "old age" isn't something you can put down on a death certificate.
"Heart failure" or "respiratory failure"... those are more the like.
And while both are similar, they are both are very different deaths.
Also people do die from cancer or stroke in their 90's so...
Just trying to look out for any signs from Harrison is all.
Any breathing problems as of late Harry?

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
FACIALLY he aged rather badly. Body wise he looks to be in great shape.
More flip-flopping..."Body wise"?:rolleyes: You said that Harrison is a few years away from a retirement home. Do old folks get sent to a retirement home simply because their face is wrinkled?:confused:

Raiders112390

Raiders112390
Raiders112390 said:
Anything to attack, stalk and try to run me off here.
As I've told you MANY TIMES before, I'm not stalking you nor trying to 'run you off' from The Raven.:rolleyes:

Raiders90

Stoo said:
More flip-flopping..."Body wise"?:rolleyes: You said that Harrison is a few years away from a retirement home. Do old folks get sent to a retirement home simply because their face is wrinkled?:confused:

Raiders112390

Raiders112390
As I've told you MANY TIMES before, I'm not stalking you nor trying to 'run you off' from The Raven.:rolleyes:

If you're not stalking me, stop bringing up old posts to show where I've "contradicted" myself. I didn't ask you to. If I "flip flop", are you going to continue to point it out EVERY TIME I post? Answer honestly now.

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
If you're not stalking me, stop bringing up old posts to show where I've "contradicted" myself. I didn't ask you to.
Raiders112390, you aren't using the term, "stalking", properly. I don't know where you live nor the colour of your underwear.:rolleyes: In a forum such as this, people get to know each other via what they post...and I've noticed that you contradict yourself very often. I want to know why but instead of EXPLAINING YOUR REASONS, you cry about being stalked.(n)

Imagine if you had a friend who said:
"I love cats!" and then the next week they said, "I hate cats!"

Wouldn't you be curious about their change in opinion?:confused:
Raiders112390 said:
If I "flip flop", are you going to continue to point it out EVERY TIME I post? Answer honestly now.
Well, I don't reply EVERY TIME you post but here's a suggestion for you, Raiders112390: Stop flip-flopping!:whip:

---
On-Topic: If pre-production on Indy 5 starts tomorrow, then there is a very good chance that it could be released before Paramount's 2014 true anniversary.