Indy Comics page on the site...

yodazone

Does anyone know when the comics section will be up on the site again?

Or is there a link to the old one somewhere?

:confused:

Lao_Che

yodazone said:
Does anyone know when the comics section will be up on the site again?

Or is there a link to the old one somewhere?

Try that. I had to use it when I saw the old link had been taken down.

Michael24

Is there any chance of the Marvel series ever being released in TPB format? I picked up the first couple of issues at ComicCon in 2006, but one of them ends in a cliffhanger, and I'd like to keep reading subsequent issues.

I still need to pick up the new Dark Horse reprints, too.

yodazone

salussolia said:
i have ALL the comics :)

ahhh...but do you have the RARE "Young Indiana Jones" 2-pager by Adam Hughes & Kurt Busiek?

:)

That's the most hardest comic story to find out there...

:D

yodazone

Michael24 said:
Is there any chance of the Marvel series ever being released in TPB format? I picked up the first couple of issues at ComicCon in 2006, but one of them ends in a cliffhanger, and I'd like to keep reading subsequent issues.

I still need to pick up the new Dark Horse reprints, too.

They really need to reprint all 34 Marvel issues & the Marvel Movie Adaptations too! Hopefully they'll announce something soon...

Best way to find out is by asking the editors over at the Dark Horse Star Wars boards:

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=841cffcba4cc06c88276289ccd0e3059

They usually give the best updates & answers there...

(y) (y) (y)

Stoo

yodazone said:
ahhh...but do you have the RARE "Young Indiana Jones" 2-pager by Adam Hughes & Kurt Busiek?

:)

That's the most hardest comic story to find out there...

:D
...and "Young Indiana Jones and the Moutains of Superstition" (if they aren't the same thing).
Yes, the entire Literature section on TheRaider.net is down so thanks, Lao_Che, for the old link.:hat:

yodazone

Stoo said:
...and "Young Indiana Jones and the Moutains of Superstition" (if they aren't the same thing).

Is that the title of the 2-pager from the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Magazine?" Same creative team?

Lao_Che

So with the Marvel series, the movie adaptations, the Young Indiana Jones adaptations, Mountains of Superstition and this Young Indy magazine (anything else?) there's room for... what? Two/three more Omnibi if they want to republish those?

Stoo

yodazone said:
Is that the title of the 2-pager from the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Magazine?" Same creative team?
I don't know which is why I was asking about it the other day in this thread:

Young Indiana Jones magazine

Lao_Che said:
So with the Marvel series, the movie adaptations, the Young Indiana Jones adaptations, Mountains of Superstition and this Young Indy magazine (anything else?) there's room for... what? Two/three more Omnibi if they want to republish those?
There were supposedly adaptations for 2 of the Young Adult Novels, "Plantation Treasure" and "Princess of Peril"!

yodazone

I asked Kurt Busiek in the Comicbloc forums about the title of the rare 2-pager he wrote with Adam Hughes' art and here's some info he gave:
--
Hi Kurt, About the "Young Indy" 2-pager from years ago....was it called:

"Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Superstition?"

KB: No. It was set on a ship at sea, and was about the Zimmerman Telegram. No mountains, no superstition.

...did it have another title?

KB: I don't recall whether it even had a title, or just used the Young Indy Chronicles logo and left it at that.
--------------------------------------------------

So the story had to do with the "Zimmerman Telegram!"....getting closer to finding out what this rare story is about!

Anyone here have scans of the magazine yet???

scottbravesfan

yodazone said:
They really need to reprint all 34 Marvel issues & the Marvel Movie Adaptations too! Hopefully they'll announce something soon...

Best way to find out is by asking the editors over at the Dark Horse Star Wars boards:

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=841cffcba4cc06c88276289ccd0e3059

They usually give the best updates & answers there...

(y) (y) (y)

I believe Dark Horse already said that those were going to be in the other omnibus editions that will be released later. The first two collections are going to be the Dark Horse comics and then they will start collecting the Marvel adventures.

DIrishB

yodazone said:
I asked Kurt Busiek in the Comicbloc forums about the title of the rare 2-pager he wrote with Adam Hughes' art and here's some info he gave:
--
Hi Kurt, About the "Young Indy" 2-pager from years ago....was it called:

"Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Superstition?"

KB: No. It was set on a ship at sea, and was about the Zimmerman Telegram. No mountains, no superstition.

...did it have another title?

KB: I don't recall whether it even had a title, or just used the Young Indy Chronicles logo and left it at that.
--------------------------------------------------

So the story had to do with the "Zimmerman Telegram!"....getting closer to finding out what this rare story is about!

Anyone here have scans of the magazine yet???

Thats very interesting. Minor timeline screw-up too, it appears. I'll explain:

While I've never read it, the 2 page story by Busiek and Hughes was included in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles magazine (only one issue was ever released)...also in this issue was a short prose story called "Indy in China - The Runaway Adventure". Anyway, the comic story is (as far as I can find through A LOT of research) called simply "Mid-Atlantic, April 1916". This fits with the Indy timeline, because this picks up right after "Spring Break Adventure", with Indy and Remy on their way to Europe to sign up for WWI.

However, in real life, the Zimmerman telegraph itself was dispatchd in January, 1917, almost a year after this story takes place. Not a big deal, but usually the Indy stories are a bit better researched when making allusions to actual historical events.

scottbravesfan said:
I believe Dark Horse already said that those were going to be in the other omnibus editions that will be released later. The first two collections are going to be the Dark Horse comics and then they will start collecting the Marvel adventures.

I very much hope this is true. Is there any chance of directing us to a link where they made these claims...? I tried emailing Dark Horse a few weeks ago about this, but never recieved a response.

yodazone

DIrishB said:
I very much hope this is true. Is there any chance of directing us to a link where they made these claims...? I tried emailing Dark Horse a few weeks ago about this, but never recieved a response.

Try joining the Dark Horse forums (Star Wars section) and ask there too:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=841cffcba4cc06c88276289ccd0e3059

Most of the "Indy" writers/artists/editors frequent the Star Wars boards and answer alot of questions with comic updates too. This is the only section in Dark Horse where fans can get answers about the new Indy comics so far.

Alot of new "Indy-centric threads" from new members would help too!

Let 'em know you want more Indy books! (old reprints & new)

(y)

DIrishB

yodazone said:
Try joining the Dark Horse forums (Star Wars section) and ask there too:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=841cffcba4cc06c88276289ccd0e3059

Most of the "Indy" writers/artists/editors frequent the Star Wars boards and answer alot of questions with comic updates too. This is the only section in Dark Horse where fans can get answers about the new Indy comics so far.

Alot of new "Indy-centric threads" from new members would help too!

Let 'em know you want more Indy books! (old reprints & new)

(y)

Thats a good idea, I'll do that, thanks!

Stoo

DIrishB said:
While I've never read it, the 2 page story by Busiek and Hughes was included in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles magazine (only one issue was ever released)...also in this issue was a short prose story called "Indy in China - The Runaway Adventure". Anyway, the comic story is (as far as I can find through A LOT of research) called simply "Mid-Atlantic, April 1916". This fits with the Indy timeline, because this picks up right after "Spring Break Adventure", with Indy and Remy on their way to Europe to sign up for WWI.
Firstly, WELCOME TO THE RAVEN!:hat: Nice to have you aboard.

Thanks, DIrishB, for the extra bit of info about "Indy in China - The Runaway Adventure"!
I was wondering if this story might have been one of the unfilmed chapters but the only
other planned Oriental tale was "Tokyo, April 1910". This one might occur in March,
(just before the Peking episode) after they arrive from Australia.

I love Young Indy & Remy as a team so I'm somewhat foaming at the mouth for more stories
of those 2 heroic clowns. This magazine is one of those "holy grails" in my Indy-collecting world.