The Indy Novels in Journal Form (pic heavy)

Howlrunner

I've spent about a year working on this on and off and thought those of you who enjoy the novels might like seeing it; this is my version of an Indy journal which covers all of his adventures that take place in the (English language) books set between 1922 and 1934.

Here's the diary I used:

Diary1.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Peril at Delphi:

Diary2.jpg

Diary3.jpg

Diary4.jpg

The postcard and coin are both real and from the correct time period.

Diary5.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Dance of the Giants:

Diary6.jpg

Postcard is real and from the 1920's.

Diary7.jpg

Diary8.jpg

Diary9.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils:

Diary10.jpg

Diary11.jpg

Diary12.jpg

Diary13.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge:

Diary14-1.jpg

Diary15.jpg

Diary16.jpg

Diary17.jpg

Diary18.jpg

Diary19.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy:

Diary20.jpg

Diary21.jpg

Diary22.jpg

Diary23.jpg

Diary24.jpg

The staff was interesting to draw - there's no visual references in existance (at least that I've come across - the alicorn on the front cover of the novel is nothing like the one described in the book). There's only the written description in the novel (which is taken from an actual description of one of the 2 alicorns that were housed in St Marks cathedral, Venice from 1488 until they disappeared sometime about the mid 1500's), so I worked with that and pics of real Hittite-era double-headed eagle emblems.

Diary25.jpg

Diary25b.jpg

And of course, my own alicorn. ;)

Indiana Jones and the Interior World

Diary26.jpg

Diary27.jpg

Diary28.jpg

Diary28b.jpg

I found this statue for your fish tank and had to have it!

Diary29.jpg

Diary30.jpg

Diary31.jpg

Diary32.jpg

Diary33.jpg

Diary34.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates

Diary34-1.jpg

I got a vintage Statue of Liberty postcard to complete the last entry of the last book (Interior World).

Diary35.jpg

Diary36.jpg

As you can't really read it, here's the article I made:

Pyramidartifactnewsclipping.jpg

Diary37.jpg

And with the Ford Trimotor modifications sheet opened up:

Diary37b.jpg

These were real Ford Trimotor schematics I found and modifided very slightly in Photoshop.

Diary38.jpg

Diary39.jpg

Again, can't really read the newspaper article, so here it is:

Ferryattackclipping.jpg

Diary40.jpg

Diary41.jpg

"UFO" schematics opened out:

Diary41b.jpg

Diary41c.jpg

Diary42.jpg

Last schematic page opened out:

Diary43.jpg

I took these "UFO" schematics from a "Vertical Take-Off aircraft Control" patent submitted by J.C.M. Frost in 1955 (US patent #3,020,002 - http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3020002.html) and modified the layout in Photoshop. I went through LOADS of saucer patents and this was the closest to what's described in the novel).

Indiana Jones and the White Witch:

Diary42-1.jpg

Diary43-1.jpg

Diary44.jpg

Diary45.jpg

Diary45b.jpg

Diary45c.jpg

Diary46.jpg

Diary47.jpg

Diary47b.jpg

This map was actually taken from a real map of Florida that was actually drawn in 1864:
Diary47c.jpg

Diary48.jpg

Diary48b.jpg

Again, real map:
Diary48d.jpg

Diary49.jpg

The coins mentioned in the book are said to be Roman gold coins from the time of Jesus, so I figured that they would be this particular Roman gold coin from 31BC-14AD. I've actually ordered a gold-plated replica of this coin which will hopefully arrive soon, so I can add it to the collection.

Howlrunner

Indiana jones and the Philosopher's Stone

Diary50.jpg

Diary51.jpg

The ORIGINAL crystal skull :p :happy

CrystalSkull1.jpg

CrystalSkull3.jpg

Diary52.jpg

Diary53.jpg

Diary53b.jpg

Full text, exactly as written in the novel:

Diary53c.jpg

Diary54.jpg

Diary54b.jpg

Prints of actual pages from the real Voynich Manuscript.

Diary55.jpg

Based on the real Shew Stone owned by the alchemist John Dee from the British Museum.

Diary55b.jpg

Prints of actual pages from the real Voynich Manuscript.

Diary56.jpg

Diary56b.jpg

Prints of actual first page from the real Voynich Manuscript (the one she would have translated).

Diary57.jpg

Diary58.jpg

Diary59.jpg

Symbols based on the real greek zodiac symbols.

The statue of Hermes is based on this picture of him:
trismegistus.jpg

DSCF7568.jpg

The perspective on the columns was a real pain to work out...

Diary60.jpg

Lion is based on a real ancient greek lion statue, the polygon is based on a 24-sided dice.

Diary61.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs

Diary63.jpg

Diary64.jpg

Diary65.jpg

Interesting note: I based the egg shell carving on an ACTUAL Ica burial stone that has been found (one of many containing pictures of dinosaurs carved by ancient man.....):

peru-tomb-rock-art-man-riding-trice.jpg

Diary66.jpg

The False Lama looks suspiciously like Palpatine..... ;)

Diary67.jpg

TriceratopsEgg1.jpg

Diary68-1.jpg

Diary69.jpg

And folded out:

Diary69b.jpg

This is an actual map of Mongolia from 1922 (back before Urga and Kalgan changed names).

Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth

Diary69-1.jpg

Diary69c.jpg

Diary70.jpg

Diary71.jpg

If anyone's REALLY bored, you can translate the Thule Stone - I actually sat and wrote out info on Ultima Thule on it in Viking ruins. I must be crazy, it's not like anyone would bother finiding out if it's gibberish or not! :lol

The Norse ruinic alphabet I used:
alphabet_seaxwica_runes.jpg

Diary71b.jpg

This is the real Thule Society logo.

Diary72.jpg

These are real treasure symbols that were used by the Spanish to mark where they'd hidden gold or to mark gold mines.

Diary73.jpg

Markings on the gold bar are based on real mint marks and gold bar shape is copied from a real artifact from the 17th century found in a shipwreck.

Diary74.jpg

Diary75.jpg

Diary76.jpg

Diary77.jpg

Diary77b.jpg

Diary77c.jpg

This is a map of the Arctic Circle from 1922.

Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx

Diary78.jpg

Diary79.jpg

These guys are obviously based on the real terracotta warriors, but these ones are altered according to the information given in the book (that they all have marbles in the eyes and mouth, bulging cheeks and real skeletons inside).

Diary80.jpg

Diary81.jpg

Diary82.jpg

Diary83.jpg

Diary84.jpg

Diary85.jpg

I based the Staff of Aaron on the stick Moses carries in the movie "The Ten Commandments" as that was the version they copied to add the staff in a crate to KOTCS.

I also have a vintage postcard of the Sphinx (from the correct excavation period) on the way to add as an insert to this page.

Diary86.jpg

Diary86b.jpg

Diary87.jpg

Diary88.jpg

Diary88b.jpg

This letter from Mystery Maskelyne is copied exactly as it is printed in the novel.

AND that's it! I do plan on doing journal entries for "Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead", but that won't be for AGES yet as I plan on doing other journal entries for all of the Dark Horse comics, movies, rides and computer games that come before the year that that adventure happens in. But when I DO get round to doing those entries, here's the inserts that I've done for that adventure:

DiaryInserts2.jpg

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think. :)

Plaristes

Wow!!! I wish I could buy a copy. ;) I definitely look forward to seeing journal entries for the DH comics, games, and rides. Do you also plan to do the Young Indy episodes, young adult novels, rpg adventures, Marvel comics, foreign comics, and foreign German and French novels?

Caidanbi

Oh my gosh, that is so cool! I love it! You should scan all the pages and make a PDF of it, I for one would pay for it...

Howlrunner

Plaristes said:
Wow!!! I wish I could buy a copy. ;) I definitely look forward to seeing journal entries for the DH comics, games, and rides. Do you also plan to do the Young Indy episodes, young adult novels, rpg adventures, Marvel comics, foreign comics, and foreign German and French novels?

I'm not planning on covering any of the Young Indy episodes (as a few people have done that in depth already - whereas no-one has done the other sources indepth - or at least they didn't until Saradnab unveiled his diary earlier this month) or Young Indy novels.

Marvel I'm not doing because (although I've not read any of the Indy comics) they have a habit of making things silly and ruining them (I've seen some of the front covers and they look ridiculous, and they did some truly stupid things with the Star Wars liscence).

The foreign comics I wasn't going to do, as I didn't know what they were about as I couldn't read them. I only discovered the fantastic translations on this site AFTER the date they were set in passed in my chronology.

The German novels aren't included because, again, I have no idea what they're about as I don't speak German. I didn't even know there WERE French-language published-only novels - what are those?

RPG's - too numerous, and don't usually include enough information. When I FINALLY finish my chronology I'll MAY go back to some of these other things.

Young Reader books - yes, Sorcerer's Pyramid and Mystery at Mount Sinai will be in it (evn though I found them terribly ill conceived, bably written stories that were pretty hard to keep track of).

Here's the timeline that I'm using for my journal(s):

1922 Peril at Delphi - DONE
1925 Dance of the Giants - DONE
1926 Seven Veils - DONE
1927 Genesis Deluge - DONE
1928 Unicorn's Legacy - DONE
1929 Interior World - DONE
1930 Sky Pirates - DONE
1930 White Witch - DONE
1933 Philosopher's Stone - DONE
1933 Dinosaur Eggs - DONE
1934 Hollow Earth - DONE
1934 Secret of the Sphinx - DONE
1935 Shrine of the Sea Devil - contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel - DONE
1935 Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb - LucasArts game - LEVEL 1-3 DONE
1935 Temple of Doom
1935 Forbidden Eye - Disneyland Ride
1936 Tomb of the Gods ? 4 Dark Horse comics ? Available together in graphic novel form
1936 Raiders of the Lost Ark
1937 Arms of Gold - Dark Horse comic ? contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1 Graphic novel
1938 Last Crusade
1938 Thunder in the Orient - Dark Horse comic ? contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1 Graphic novel
1939 Staff of Kings - LucasArts game
1939 Fate of Atlantis - LucasArts game ? contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1 Graphic novel
1939 Sargasso Pirates - Dark Horse comic ? contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1941 Golden Fleece - Dark Horse comic ? contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1941 Pyramid of the Sorcerer
1941 Mystery of Mount Sinai
1943 Army of the Dead
1945 Spear of Destiny - Dark Horse comic ? contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1947 Iron Phoenix - Dark Horse comic ? contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1947 Infernal Machine - LucasArts game
1957 Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Plaristes

I can understand not wanting to go back in the timeline to cover missed info or to do Young Indy. I can also understand not doing untranslated foreign stuff (btw, the French books are young adult novels, like the Young Indy books published in the U.S.). I still think there's some cool stuff in the Marvel comics, so I wish you'd reconsider doing them, but that's really your call (for what it's worth, Lucasfilm considers the Marvel stories to be an official part of Indy's life).

Below, I've listed some items you didn't include that could be covered. Some of them are rpg sources (you say they don't include enough info, but I think at least some of them have some good content and are worth including). I've also listed the "Find Your Fate" (FYF) books. They're a bit odd, but it'd be cool if you included them. I've taken most of these dates from DIrishB's timeline, but if anyone knows any better dates, point them out!

IJ and the Rising Sun (rpg); the story "IJ and the Masamune Blade"--February
IJ Adventures (rpg); the story "The Carlisle Incident"--March
IJ Adventures (rpg); the story "The City of Dreams"--May
IJ and the Cup of the Vampire (FYF)--May
IJ in the Lost Kindgom (Commodore 64 game)--June
IJ and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales (rpg); the story "The Adventure of the Second Horn"--September
IJ: Magic and Mysticism: The Dark Continent (rpg); the story "The Wrath of the Yantai"--September
IJ and the Temple of Doom Sourcebook (rpg); the story "The Search for Nurhachi"--December

IJ et la Griomoire Maudit (French comic translated on these boards)--January
IJ and the Temple of Doom Sourcebook (rpg); the story "Day of the Dark Light"--May
IJ and the Legion of Death (FYF)
IJ in Revenge of the Ancients (text adventure game)--October
Further Adventures of IJ (Marvel comics)--November to January

The World of IJ (rpg); the story "The Jewel of the Ancients"--January
Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook (rpg); the story "Silver Horus"--February
IJ and the Tomb of the Templars (rpg)--February
IJ and the Golden Vampires (rpg)--February
Adventures Unlimited #3; the story "Legend of the Long Knife"--April
Shadis #36; the story "IJ and the Wrath of Hecate"--May
Cryptych vol. 2 #1; the story "IJ and the Temple of Seth"--June
Temple of the Crystal Skull (theme park ride)--July
IJ and the Eye of the Fates (FYF)--August

IJ and the Dragon of Vengeance (FYF)--June
IJ and the Gold of Genghis Khan (FYF)--November
IJ and the Lost Treasure of Sheba (FYF)--December

IJ and the Ape Slaves of Howling Island (FYF)--July
IJ and the Mask of the Elephant (FYF)--August

IJ and the Treasure of Monte Cassana (comic)--January

Young IJ and the Mystery of the Blues (frame story)--March

Also, I don't know where to place them, but there's the Free Comic Book Day story "Temple of Yearning" and the Lost Treasures comic "Facing Death!" Anyone know where to place them? Are there other stories missing?

Hope this helps!

Plaristes

Okay, it looks like "Facing Death!" takes place in 1939. "Skull Duggery!" is another item, taking place in 1940. There's also "IJ and the Sword of Excalibur," set during the London blitz. All of these comics, as well as some others, can be found here.

Howlrunner

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so it kind of throws up a problem - either I do a diary covering EVERY SINGLE Indy adventure (which would take years) or I miss out whole sub-genres (RPG's, FYF's, etc) and don't pick or choose from them at all (if I did pick and choose it would mean NEARLY everything was done, but not all, and that would bug me more).

I figure that I'll continue with what I've got (which covers everything within each sub-genre that I've chosen to do) and then once all of that's done (and it will take a LONG time), then I'll go back to the start of the chronology and do a journal which is based purely on the FYF books. Then another based purely on the Marvel comics (and would include the French comics and anything else comic-wise, such as the Temple of Yearning, etc). Then (maybe) another based purely on the RPGs.

I will go and add the Temple of the Crystal Skull ride to my timeline though. And thank you for the link to those comics - I didn't know they existed and will enjoy reading them.

At the moment I'm still looking for a new journal to write up the rest of Emperor's Tomb in. I just can't find what I want (nothing is the right size, has about 100+ pages, has banana leaf or similar paper - i.e. browned paper like in this journal pictured, and has a leather cover or some kind of vintage oriental type cover).

smordanr

Just joined this forum recently and I find your awesome journal here too, always enjoy looking at the pictures, I am starting my own version, just got to clear space and get working.

Inspiring.

Dang with Plaristes additional stories, this could take a while, I may include a few of those here and there in the timeline.

Plaristes

Glad to be of help! Howlrunner, what about the two games I mentioned, IJ in the Lost Kingdom and IJ in Revenge of the Ancients? Whatever you decide, I'm still in awe and very much wish I could buy copies for myself (your work is way better than the official Indy journal released a few years ago). :hat:

IAdventurer01

Plaristes said:
(your work is way better than the official Indy journal released a few years ago). :hat:

They aren't even in the same league your work is so much better. The comparison practically isn't necessary. Seriously, the work pictured is astonishingly good. I haven't read through all the entries - for there are quite a few - but the detail and the pictures and ... just wow!

If a version of this was somehow published or something, I would definitely pick it up and slowly flip through it over time.

Howlrunner

Plaristes said:
Glad to be of help! Howlrunner, what about the two games I mentioned, IJ in the Lost Kingdom and IJ in Revenge of the Ancients? Whatever you decide, I'm still in awe and very much wish I could buy copies for myself (your work is way better than the official Indy journal released a few years ago). :hat:

I had never heard of IJ in the Lost Kingdom or IJ in Revenge of the Ancients. With the computer games, as I've not played any of them (never owned a console) I can only really research them by watching walkthroughs on YouTube. Are there full versions of both games available to watch? And are the graphics (or descriptions) good enough to work with?

Caidanbi

Howlrunner said:
At the moment I'm still looking for a new journal to write up the rest of Emperor's Tomb in. I just can't find what I want (nothing is the right size, has about 100+ pages, has banana leaf or similar paper - i.e. browned paper like in this journal pictured, and has a leather cover or some kind of vintage oriental type cover).

If you can find a journal that basically meets all your requirements but the paper color isn't what you want, you could always try tea-staining the pages... Gives it a nice, aged, look, and most papers will take it quite well. ^-^

Plaristes

Howlrunner said:
I had never heard of IJ in the Lost Kingdom or IJ in Revenge of the Ancients. With the computer games, as I've not played any of them (never owned a console) I can only really research them by watching walkthroughs on YouTube. Are there full versions of both games available to watch? And are the graphics (or descriptions) good enough to work with?
The graphics for Lost Kingdom are fairly primitive. I don't know if they're "good enough to work with," but you can check it out for yourself here. As for Revenge of the Ancients, there are no graphics, as it's a text only game. I think it's cool, though, since it includes a Marion reference. :D I don't know of a full playthrough, but you can see part of the game here. (y)

Howlrunner

I checked them out, thanks. :)

Forbidden Kingdom looks terrible from what I saw. lol An Arthurian castle in the middle of a jungle?! I'm afraid it just doesn't really inspire me. That one won't be on the list.

Revenge of the Ancients looks like it has far more promise. I love that it has a reference to Coatlicue - I've always loved that statue/design and thought that Indy should be connected with it somehow. (Are they connected in any other stories? Maybe Marvel comics?) Unfortunately, not all of the game is there on YouTube, so I can't really work with it....

Oh, and I've finally solved my new journal problem - couldn't find anything suitable with leather and the correct paper and page number, but I DID find 50 page journals of the correct paper, with just a paper binding that were cheap. I got two, so when they arrive I'll take off the binding, combine them into one 100 page journal and then cut a cover for them from some leather I have lying spare. Then it'll be back to work.... :whip:

Howlrunner

OK, I'm fickle.....

I've decided that I now AM going to include all of the Marvel comics (I've just ordered the first Omnibus), plus Facing Death, Skull Duggery, Sword of Excalibur, Treasure of Monte Cassana, Temple of Yearning and Dance of Death. I'm going to be at this a LONG time....

Two things though, when should Temple of Yearning be set? I've read around and consensus seems to be 1930, 1931 or anywhere 1939-1945. As I'm already up to 1935 with my journal, I'm thinking '39-'45 otherwise I'll have to leave it out. Any logical choice between those years? I'm thinking maybe 1942 just because I don't have anything in that year yet at all.

And Dance of Death - what's the deal there? The Raider.net Timeline says it was a comic published by Dark Horse, but it's not in the Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol 1 or 2. Is it available somewhere else?

So my NEW timeline will look like this (with Temple of Yearning added in):

1922 Peril at Delphi - DONE
1925 Dance of the Giants - DONE
1926 Seven Veils - DONE
1927 Genesis Deluge - DONE
1928 Unicorn's Legacy - DONE
1929 Interior World - DONE
1930 Sky Pirates - DONE
1930 White Witch - DONE
1933 Philosopher's Stone - DONE
1933 Dinosaur Eggs - DONE
1934 Hollow Earth - DONE
1934 Secret of the Sphinx - DONE
1935 Shrine of the Sea Devil - contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel - DONE
1935 Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb - LucasArts game - LEVEL 1-3 DONE
1935 Temple of Doom
1935 Forbidden Eye - Disneyland Ride
1936 Ikons of Ikammanen - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 1
1936 The Devil's Cradle - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 1
1936 Gateway to Infinity - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 1
1936 Club Nightmare - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 1
1936 Africa Screams - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 1
1936 The Gold Goddess - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 1
1936 The Fourth Nail - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 1
1936 Deadly Rock - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 Demons - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 The Sea Butchers - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 The Search for Abner - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 Dragon by the Tail - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 The Cuban Connection - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 Beyond the Lucifer Chamber - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 End Run - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 The Secret of the Deep - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 Revenge of the Ancients - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 2
1936 Good as Gold - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1936 Trail of the Golden Guns - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1936 Tower of Tears - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1936 Shot by Both Sides - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1936 Fireworks - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1936 Big Game - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1936 Double Play - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1936 Tomb of the Gods – Dark Horse graphic novel
1936 Raiders of the Lost Ark
1937 Magic, Murder, and the Weather - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1937 Something's Gone Wrong Again - Marvel Comics - Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol 3
1937 Temple of the Crystal Skull - Theme Park Ride
1937 Arms of Gold - Dark Horse comic – contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1 Graphic novel
1938 Last Crusade
1938 Thunder in the Orient - Dark Horse comic – contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1 Graphic novel
1939 Staff of Kings - LucasArts game
1939 Fate of Atlantis - LucasArts game – contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1 Graphic novel
1939 Sargasso Pirates - Dark Horse comic – contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1939 Facing Death - comic

1940 The Dance of Death - Dark Horse Comics ????

1940 Skull Duggery - comic
1940 Sword of Excalibur - comic
1941 Golden Fleece - Dark Horse comic – contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1941 Pyramid of the Sorcerer
1941 Mystery of Mount Sinai
1943 Army of the Dead
1944 Treasure of Monte Cassana - comic
1945 Spear of Destiny - Dark Horse comic – contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1947 Iron Phoenix - Dark Horse comic – contained in Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 2 Graphic novel
1947 Infernal Machine - LucasArts game
1957 Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Ska

I just skimmed through this as of now (but will definitely be looking at in more detail at lunch)...

...and I am just in awe! Words cannot describe how amazing this is. And I'm sure you learned a thing or two about ancient civilizations/history along the way.

You might have said (and I might have missed it), but do you know approximately how long (months/years) you have worked on this so far? Just curious...as it looks like something you've worked on all your life, with the amount of detail you have included.

Keep up the astounding work, and I can't wait to see more!