Compatibility of 1/6 Sideshow, Medicom and Hot Toys bodies

Montana Smith

Can anyone tell me how interchangeable these bodies are?

I have the Sideshow Raiders Indy, and have read that some have swapped the Prometheus body for a Hot Toys Truetype, so that it will hold poses better.

I haven't taken any of my figures apart yet, as I haven't really been into 1/6 kitbashing or customizing, and I don't want to force incompatible parts together.

Since Forbiddenplanet.co.uk reduced the price of the Sideshow Indy to £19.99 I ordered three more. They also reduced the Medicom Raiders Indy to £39.99 - so I ordered one of them, despite my thinking that the Medicom is the inferior model.

The upshot is, that I will have Indy figures to customize.

Based on photographs the foot (or boot) pegs of the Sideshow and the Hot Toys Truetype look to be totally different.

I have the Hot Toys DX Joker, and recently ordered a second Truetype narrow shoulder body for the Police head and uniform - and the foot pegs have spherical ball joints, whereas the Sideshow pegs are straight.

My other question relates specifically to the Medicom bodies:

I already have the Medicom Young Indy, which is quite an uninspiring figure, especially with the odd splayed finger hands. The other oddity with him is that they used a taller body (he stands the same height as the Sideshow Indy).

Has anybody swapped the Young Indy body with the Medicom Raiders Indy? Do they have the same neck joints? Are the Raider Indy's clothes big enough/long enough to fit the taller body comfortably? And conversely, do the Young Indy clothes look alright on the shorter body?

inky_skin

Montana,

I can't comment on the compatibility of the two lines, but I'd like to thank you for pointing out the low-price of the SideShow Indy (I've now managed to score myself a regular addition to pose as 'Cairo Indy' next to my exclusive edition). Now if only they'd reduce Toht - seriously depressed I missed out on both him and Belloq...

Montana Smith

inky_skin said:
Montana,

I can't comment on the compatibility of the two lines, but I'd like to thank you for pointing out the low-price of the SideShow Indy (I've now managed to score myself a regular addition to pose as 'Cairo Indy' next to my exclusive edition). Now if only they'd reduce Toht - seriously depressed I missed out on both him and Belloq...

I'd really like to get the Sideshow Henry at a much reduced price, too. I couldn't bring myself to pay top prices for Toht or Belloq (as Toht needs a better pair of glasses and I can't see the likeness in Belloq), but if they were only £19.99 I'd go for them. I think it's unlikely, though, considering that there were far less of those made than there were of the Raiders Indiana.

Happy hunting, though, Inky! :hat: