New Age Indy?

ROTLA

Does anyone else think the earring looks silly on a guy like Harrison Ford? Perhaps he's trying to give off a young, hip image to keep up with Hollywood, but I don't think it fits (Indy should not wear an earring!!). Maybe he just needs a few stunts to make him feel young again!!

ROTLA

I had seen it in the past. The only reason I posted it tonight was because I saw a clip from The Tonight Show with him while I was actually logged on TheRaider.net. So I figured I would just throw it on the board. Just another odd topic for people to kick back and forth...

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
An earing can look good sometimes on some guys, but not on Ford. Dunno why but I jsut don't think it looks good on him at all.

Canyon

Not you guys as well!

Read an article in Hotdog magazine which dissed Harrison for wearing an earring and also said that he hasn't done a decent film since 93 (The Fugitive) I'm furious! :mad:

I'm sick and tired of people slagging off the greatest actor of our generation. I certainly don't think he's 'trying to appear younger'. That's the greatest thing about Harrison Ford. He has never 'tried' to be anything, and has always succeeded in being himself.

<small>Sorry about that. Just felt I had to get that off my chest!</small>

ROTLA

I'm not sure I'm going to call Ford "the greatest actor of our generation" just yet. Is he good? Yes. He's probably one of the best. But "greatest" is pretty strong. I can't quite say that he's better than any other actor of the generation.

Just because people say they don't like the earring on Ford doesn't mean they don't like him or think he's a bad actor. Haven't you ever had a friend who wore an ugly shirt or pair of shoes you didn't like? It didn't mean your friend was now an awful person, just that you didn't think the shirt or shoes were a great look.

OK, that being said...each day I become more curious about how Ford is going to portray an older Indy. Of course, I think he is definitely an actor who will be up to the task.

Raffey

The earring is old news. Harry's had it a decade. If Keith Richards and Mick Jagger can still wear skintight spandex, Harry can wear an earring.

Everyone's just noticing it because the diamond is bigger! :p

As for Hot Dog, how can the idiot who wrote the article forget about Air Force One in 1997? I don't count What Lies Beneath as a hit because in retrospect it sucked! :D :D

It put up good numbers because of the rise in ticket prices by a couple bucks during that time period.

DaBrode

Harrison's movies as of late haven't been as good or better than the Jack Ryan flicks and thats why people are badgering him. Fugitive was great. Patriot Games, C&PD, excellent.

Six Days, Air Force One, Random Hearts, What Lies Beneath, Hollywood Homocide...I enjoyed them all...but I'd enjoy listening to Harrison talk about making mudpies as well.

General movie go-ers, not particularly Harrison Ford fans, see these movies as a decline compared to the latter. I understand it, but disagree of course ;)

A man has to roll with the times and HIS AGE for that matter. They can't expect him not to evolve or do other things besides straight up action. Dare I say it, but look what happened to Stallone. Pinned as action star and he's screwed. He even took a serious pay decrease to do COP LAND because he hoped it would show he can act.

On the other hand Harrison's transition to being a multi-faceted actor is not going as well as say...Bruce Willis. I kinda put Bruce and Harrison in the same boat...but Bruce is doing better at this point.

Regardless...Indy and Han alone have stamped this guy into our hearts and minds and thats all that matters to the real fans!

[Edited by DaBrode on 06-17-2003 at 09:29 am]