Indy 4 on DVD

Agent Z

StoneTriple said:
He said he was fine with them this time around because he feels that he's in better shape now than he was for the other films.
shocked-smiley-9489.gif

I thought Harrison looked to be in better shape in Kingdom than he did in Crusade. Strange as that may sound.

Benraianajones

Well, Play.com sent me an e-mail saying my DVD has been sent, and the adverts on TV display the movie as having the theatrical poster image for the artwork, as opposed the one with Indy stood near the oranget background, which is good. As in, I like the movie poster design best.

oki9Sedo

Agent Z said:
I thought Harrison looked to be in better shape in Kingdom than he did in Crusade. Strange as that may sound.

I have to say I thought Ford looked a little out of shape in Last Crusade. He looks a little too bulky.

Rhys135

DVD was released in the UK today. Got mine from Play.com with the "exclusive" comic. What a dissappointment - it's just 1 part out of 4 of the KOTCS comic. I was excpecting the full thing!

Woolworths are offering some Indiana Jones marbles with the DVD btw.

Agent Z

Rhys135 said:
What a dissappointment - it's just 1 part out of 4 of the KOTCS comic. I was excpecting the full thing!

Well, the whole Dark Horse comic adaptation is terrible, so at least you didn't pay for the full deal straight out like the rest of us...and, with only one part out of four, you were probably spared your time as well.

Benraianajones

Rhys135 said:
DVD was released in the UK today. Got mine from Play.com with the "exclusive" comic. What a dissappointment - it's just 1 part out of 4 of the KOTCS comic. I was excpecting the full thing!

I though that too, by the way over the comic. Still, the extras DVD is great, and sheds light on things.

IndyJonesJnr

I got the steelcase cover today from HMV. I was wondering if anyone else DIDN'T have an inlay inside or did they not do one at all?

ScarfaceJoker

Got the edition double-disc from Morisson's today for only £8.

It's a this week only offer so anyone in the UK wanting the DVD at a credit-crunch beating price then that's the way to go! :whip:

Stoo

Rhys135 said:

What is on the cover of the comic, Rhys? Indy marbles? Do they come in a draw-string bang similar to Indy's at the beginning of "Raiders"?:)

BrodyIsDead

IndyJonesJnr said:
I got the steelcase cover today from HMV. I was wondering if anyone else DIDN'T have an inlay inside or did they not do one at all?

I got this steelcase DVD from HMV in the UK too and no inlay - so does the normal case not come with any inlay or booklet of any kind at all? :confused:

AndyLGR

IndyJonesJnr said:
No inlay in mine either.

I should have known that would happen, as the same applied to the Die Hard 4 HMV exclusive steel case release last year - no inlay.

I wonder if its worth emailing them to see if one should have been included.

emtiem

I got the steelcase- it's really lovely, isn't it? I thought it would just be the normal DVD case inside a metal box but it's a really nice thing.

ScarfaceJoker said:
Got the edition double-disc from Morisson's today for only £8.

It's a this week only offer so anyone in the UK wanting the DVD at a credit-crunch beating price then that's the way to go! :whip:

Damn! I was wondering if they were still doing cheap DVDs in the supermarkets! You got a good deal!

Stoo

Benraianajones said:
The comic is the movie poster art from the cover.
Erm...this doesn't really makes sense but I think I know what you mean, Benraiana!:p Thanks for the reply.
emtiem said:
I got the steelcase- it's really lovely, isn't it? I thought it would just be the normal DVD case inside a metal box but it's a really nice thing.
'Tis a lovely thing but what irks me is that once you crack the plastic, the backing graphics on it (AND the Blu-ray steelbook) are held on by one,
wimpy spot of rubber glue in the centre causing them to get bent if you're not careful. I hate that!:mad:

(Luckily, I kept the shrink-wrap on my Young Indy boxes because they have the same thing. I just cut perfect holes to get the "books" out and
don't have to deal with the flimsy, loose paper. Can't do that with the steel cases, though.)

Rhys135

Stoo said:
What is on the cover of the comic, Rhys? Indy marbles? Do they come in a draw-string bang similar to Indy's at the beginning of "Raiders"?:)

Here's a pic of the marbles you get with the DVD at Woolworths, thanks to eBay :-

95a1_1.JPG

They look more like golf balls imo!