Church of North Hollywood

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
From where I'm sitting there's much confusion over where and when the church scene was filmed, inside and/or out. IMDb says North Hollywood on Moorpark and Colfax. Google maps shows absolutely no foliage across the street, which means all flora in this image was potted or fake. This reduces the likelihood of deleted exterior shots, unless they used a matching car somewhere else.

car.jpg

I rather doubt they risked sneaking Karen Allen into New Haven in early summer before her Comic-Con reveal, as rumored, or returned there.

Their website calls theirs a progressive church, as evidenced here.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
In the "That's a Wrap" video still on the main site, the yellow apartment building behind the post-wedding party is identical to the building across the church parking lot visible on Google maps.

Moedred said:
Google maps shows absolutely no foliage across the street, which means all flora in this image was potted or fake.
Examining the pics lends creedence to your point, all the greenery is slung over a wall on one side and the tree trunks are all pretty small. The two plants/bushes on either side of the door cover a lot and come off as much under examination.

Moedred said:
This reduces the likelihood of deleted exterior shots, unless they used a matching car somewhere else.
While it's possible its likely improbable.

Have to check The Complete Making of for filming dates...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Just recognized the church in Frank Oz's <I>What About Bob?</I>, as seen below and thoroughly documented here.

ScreenShot5520.jpg

It's also appeared on <I>The Office</I> and in another Shia LaBeouf film, <I>Eagle Eye</I>.

ScreenShot5560-300x226.jpg