Second Official Poster Released!

sarah navarro

xVendetta17x said:
I think it's the greatest Indiana Jones Poster ever
There's so much detail in his eye's that make the poster brilliant
It's sad that Amsel died so young
oh no doubt about that, i just want everyone to stop calling him Indiana Juan :(

xVendetta17x

Haha
Ok I admit that's kind've funny
His facial features don't look mexican
Just the skin because it's the same shade as the background
I think besides looks sweet he looks kind've Greek
Just correct people and say that it's Indiana Joneloppagapploppogis

sarah navarro

xVendetta17x said:
Haha
Ok I admit that's kind've funny
His facial features don't look mexican
Just the skin because it's the same shade as the background
I think besides looks sweet he looks kind've Greek
Just correct people and say that it's Indiana Joneloppagapploppogis
hahahaha! thats sounds right:D

Indy's Sidekick

Faces

I also noticed Harrison's face. It's not a bad pic, but it just isn't the best choice.

I also hate seeing the alien skull. It just confirms my fears and anxieties.:mad:

SterankoII

Has anyone else seen the giant cardboard of the poster in a movie lobby? It looks fantastic like that.

- The portrait of Karen Allen simply doesn't look like Karen Allen at all...

It's been over 25 years! of course she's going to look different. I disagree with this guy's whole post. I like Indy's attitude in the pic most of all.

Dr.Sartorius

Here's the international version of the poster:

Indy-banner-V2.jpg

Indy's hat isn't cut off at the top like the other version we've seen.

mr.wolf

Just got word from Indyshop that the Theatrical Poster isn't gonna be Ship until Saturday May 10, what a crock.

Crack that whip

mr.wolf said:
Just got word from Indyshop that the Theatrical Poster isn't gonna be Ship until Saturday May 10, what a crock.

The poster won't be completely "done" until it has the MPAA rating, and the movie hasn't gotten its MPAA rating yet.

Dr.Sartorius

mr.wolf said:

That's bull****. Why didn't they tell us that in the first place instead of "late April"?

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The poster in Struzan's portfolio shows Marion, Mac, Indy, the skull and natives in slightly different places. But the really odd thing is Shia's pin removal and Cate's breast reduction from what appears to be the photo collage assembled for the poster's creation, used on the storybook...
gl0807021739236083.jpg

Image1-1.jpg

emtiem

Nice find! Sacrilege I know, but I actually prefer the photo collage! Those are sadly some of Struzan's worst likenesses; Harrison actually looks awake in the photo version.

Cole

Yes, it seems those are the photos/conception that Struzan used to create the poster.

Struzan's poster is far better. He's an amazing artist and there is something inherently romantic about artwork that photos just don't give you.

emtiem

There's a much nicer quality, yeah; but crucially his Harrison just doesn't quite get him right; Mutt's eyes are on different levels; and Spalko looks vaguely chinese. The Marion and McHale are bob-on, though.

Montana Smith

emtiem said:
There's a much nicer quality, yeah; but crucially his Harrison just doesn't quite get him right; Mutt's eyes are on different levels; and Spalko looks vaguely chinese. The Marion and McHale are bob-on, though.

You're right: Spalko does look asian, and Mutt's dropped eye is now really distracting!

Mutt's pins/badges are also on the wrong lapel, so the picture's been flipped - which maybe why they removed them entirely.

Adventurer

Created this for your viewing pleasure:

This is the official US poster compared against a modestly color corrected Struzan version.
Take a look especially at Ford. His facial expression was chanced to a less grim version. Most prominently, his mouth was angled and his brow was raised.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Brilliant, Adventurer. I never figured out how to make these flickering images.
Can you make one of Cate's photo vs. Cate's painting?