Topps Heritage: Indiana Jones Trading Card Set

Arab Swordsman

I'm not even buying a box of KOTCS cards. I bought a box of Heritage and got one autograph and a sketch card but not even one complete set. That was $50 dollars. So far on Ebay, I've gotten a Vogel, Monkey Man, Donovan, Wu Han, Kao Kahn, Katanga, Butler, and Henchman autograph cards for anywhere between 4 and 8 bucks each. Plus you can buy a base set for like 2-4 dollars on Ebay right now. I'm going to just get a set of KOTCS cards on Ebay cheap and pick out the autographs and some sketches that I want and buy them seperately. You might get really lucky and pick up a rare autograph but I'm going to save my money on a box and just pick things up as singles for the next set.

mfisher

I am with you... I did much better on ebay than with buying a box.... speaking of.. anyone want to trade a Vogel autograph for my extra Dietrich autograph ?

fixer79

50$ for a box? Wow! Is that in a US comic store or on Ebay?
I saw some sealed boxes in a comic store in France last weekend and they cost 94$ a box!

Quite a steep price...
Well, actually it's effing vertical! :p

Arab Swordsman

fixer79 said:
50$ for a box? Wow! Is that in a US comic store or on Ebay?
I saw some sealed boxes in a comic store in France last weekend and they cost 94$ a box!

Quite a steep price...
Well, actually it's effing vertical! :p

I got it for 50 at my local comic shop here in Pennsylvania.

tnswman

mfisher said:
I am with you... I did much better on ebay than with buying a box.... speaking of.. anyone want to trade a Vogel autograph for my extra Dietrich autograph ?

I have almost every Autograph card Minus the Ultra rare cards like Davies, Molina, Ford, Lucas, Spielberg, Marshall, Kennedy, and so on..The rarest one I have is Paul Freeman I bought the rest for NOTHING on ebay in two lots....I'm buying 3 more boxes just to see if I can get lucky.. then I will just buy the cards on ebay for KOTCS..

I will own a Harrison from this set..some day, some how.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Little Indy said:
Now I believe you! Just kidding I believed you from the first. That's awesome, especially after just a few packs right? I bought a box and didn't get a auto card. I did pull a sketch card and a parallel card though.

Yeah, that's right. That card was in the third pack of 5 cards, I bought. It was a nice surprise, as I didn't even expect to see the Topps cards sold in Australia at all. And to get an autograph card, even more awesome considering the odds (apparently 1:42 to get one autograph card). I also have a parallel card too. I got that in my fourth pack. I've also got two poster art cards, both from Raiders. So I did pretty well considering.

Out of interest, how much is each pack in the States? It's $5 Australian per 5 card pack. But hey, at least you got a Sketch card. I would love to get one of those. I'll have to save my money up for more packs.

Little Indy

Violet Indy said:
Out of interest, how much is each pack in the States? It's $5 Australian per 5 card pack. But hey, at least you got a Sketch card. I would love to get one of those. I'll have to save my money up for more packs.

I guess it depends on where you buy them. One place has them for $2.99 and then I just bought some today for $2.00 even. Both are comic shops, I guess the owner has a little room to decide what to charge.
I also bought a second box and I can't decide what to do with it. I already bought one box and managed to make a complete set on the first run. I pre-ordered the second box before I bought the first box. I may sell it but what if there is an autographed Harrison Ford inside. AHHHHHHHH I'll have to think about it.

Crack that whip

Edward The Head said:
They do, but it's a lot more then you can get off of eBay. A lot of things on the store seem to be way too much. I'd rather just wait for some of the toys off of the site.

I asked at one local hobby shop here and they wanted something like $94 a box, or $70 apiece if one orders three or more. Next to that, the online Indy shop's $59.99 per box seems like a bargain, and I went ahead and ordered two boxes there after hearing the quote at this one hobby shop.

Having said that, I only just found out Topps' own online store has them for just $47.95. D'oh! Ah, well. At least now I know where to get any more hobby boxes, should I decide to do so. Now I just need to find the closest and cheapest outlet I can for the retail ones so I can see if I can get some magnets...

Crack that whip

tnswman said:
Out of my two cases, I have had 3 boxes that had NOTHING but the Parallel cards.....Topps screwed up so bad on this set.

If you got three boxes with 360 Parallel cards, I'd say you're stupefyingly, ridiculously lucky. ;)

(I assume you just mean Parallels cards are the only specials that were in your boxes.)

Honestly, while I can understand it being disappointing, I don't know that it should be a huge deal. Ostensibly you're paying for a pack of five cards, and if you get five cards you get what you pay for; the inserts are supposed to be extra-special bonuses, not something we should expect or feel entitled to. How many Parallels did you get?

Crack that whip

Crack that whip said:
If you got three boxes with 360 Parallel cards, I'd say you're stupefyingly, ridiculously lucky. ;)

(I assume you just mean Parallels cards are the only specials that were in your boxes.)

Honestly, while I can understand it being disappointing, I don't know that it should be a huge deal. Ostensibly you're paying for a pack of five cards, and if you get five cards you get what you pay for; the inserts are supposed to be extra-special bonuses, not something we should expect or feel entitled to. How many Parallels did you get?

Actually, strike that; I do have to say I think I can understand being a bit disappointed, especially since if you're buying more than one or two boxes you're undoubtedly doing it specifically to get some of the more interesting chases.

That said, hey, the Parallels are still neat, aren't they? I wonder whether any full sets will be put together...

You can get full sets of parallels on eBay, though I don't really know why. I think I got around 10 or so from a full case. They don't really excite me all that much. I am still keeping my eye out for the retail boxes, of which I haven't seen one. I do want the magnets, but I don't even think they've shown up on eBay yet.

Flash Dixson

Hi, hey guys none of the stores in my area, will order in any of these cards for me and, my computer for some reason does not allow us to order things online (it's a long complicated story). So I was wondering if anyone here who has the heritage cards who has extras could you maile me some copys you have? and if you realy want i can pay you a couple bucks. I just want a few of these cards for nastalgias sake.