New Acquisitions!!

TheFedora

Disneyland yesterday, started collecting the Indy pins.

JU4fSti.jpg

JasonMa

JasonMa said:
Still looking for the 2009 Free Comic Book day comic to have some copy of pretty much all the comics released in the U.S.
Got it! Technically I still need the LEGO Club magazine comics and the Star Wars "crossover" issue but I'm not real worried about those.
adventuresy_tn.jpg

TheFedora

PioAGc3.jpg

Used bookstore near me was moving to new location, so hit it up to check to see if I could find anything good one last time before it did.

And boy did i score. Mainly all Young Indy except for the Last Crusade novelization. But yeah, 4 novelizations of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles...
and 5 Young Indiana Jones novels.

30 for all of them at about 3 dollars each. Thought that was fair. So yeah decided to clean out their inventory of Indy stuff and I think this makes a good move to my collection.

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
Hood Ornament
What a great idea!!! (y) Does it have a broken wire stem hanging out of the bottom?

JasonMa said:
Got it! Technically I still need the LEGO Club magazine comics and the Star Wars "crossover" issue but I'm not real worried about those.
Congrats on your "Temple of Yearning" acquisition. It's rare and every Indy "literature" fan deserves to own a copy. (Thankfully, I acquired one through the benevolence of a fellow Ravenhead!)

TheFedora said:
And boy did i score. Mainly all Young Indy except for the Last Crusade novelization. But yeah, 4 novelizations of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles...and 5 Young Indiana Jones novels.
"Score" is right because that's quite a nice Young Indy haul you got there. Mazel Tov! :)

JasonMa

Stoo said:
Congrats on your "Temple of Yearning" acquisition. It's rare and every Indy "literature" fan deserves to own a copy. (Thankfully, I acquired one through the benevolence of a fellow Ravenhead!)
Thanks, went to eBay one day just to look at it turns out Time Warp comics up the 36 from me in Boulder was selling a copy for $4.50 and agreed to hold it at the store so I could pick it up without charging shipping. Fun story.

Sky Pirates Soundtrack

Last month for my birthday, I got the soundtrack for Sky Pirates
A movie set in August of 1945, Sky Pirates follows the misadventures of Australian Flight Lt Harris (played by John Hargreaves)
Words don’t really do the film justice. I used to rent it all the time at Blockbuster in the early 90’s. I just found it complete on YouTube the other day
Check it out
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMlMDjRg5

Stoo

Golddragon71 said:
Last month for my birthday, I got the soundtrack for Sky Pirates
A movie set in August of 1945, Sky Pirates follows the misadventures of Australian Flight Lt Harris (played by John Hargreaves)
Words don’t really do the film justice. I used to rent it all the time at Blockbuster in the early 90’s.
WOW, man, another "Sky Pirates" fan?!? (y)

Can't believe a soundtrack was released for such an obscure film. Is it on an Australian label? :confused:

I remember when the movie came out in '86 but never got around to seeing it at the cinema so I also ended up renting it often during the very late '80s & early '90s (as "Dakota Harris and the Sky Pirates")!!! Those VHS tapes of it were always poor prints with a cropped picture so I've been trying to find a decent copy for decades now. This will be my first time seeing it properly in full widescreen!!! Can't THANK YOU enough, Golddragon!!! (y) :hat:

Perhaps this conversation should be moved over here:
Sky Pirates(1986)

Stoo said:
WOW, man, another "Sky Pirates" fan?!? (y)

Can't believe a soundtrack was released for such an obscure film. Is it on an Australian label? :confused:

I remember when the movie came out in '86 but never got around to seeing it at the cinema so I also ended up renting it often during the very late '80s & early '90s (as "Dakota Harris and the Sky Pirates")!!! Those VHS tapes of it were always poor prints with a cropped picture so I've been trying to find a decent copy for decades now. This will be my first time seeing it properly in full widescreen!!! Can't THANK YOU enough, Golddragon!!! (y) :hat:

Perhaps this conversation should be moved over here:
Sky Pirates(1986)

Moved my follow-up reply there, thanks!

JasonMa

Got the Reggie's Revenge glass from Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar on my Christmas trip to my father-in-law's. Then he gave me the bar t-shirt for Christmas!

Hello guys,

I have a question regarding Indiana Jones action figures.
What is considered the best Indiana Jones figure available, regardless of the price.
I mean, which has the best likeness of Harrison Ford, the best details, the widest range of movement options, the best accessories, the most durable, and in general the most fun for people.

Years ago I bought the 7-inch one that was sold at Disney gift shops on Ebay but I understand that there are better figures than that one.

I have been looking at the Figma one but also at the Hot Toys version.

And on a side note, has anyone here seen the Indiana Jones micro action airplane (the German flying wing one) being sold online lately? This is another product that could originally only be bought at Disney theme park stores.

JasonMa

Went to our local 2nd & Charles today and found issues 4, 5, 7, 8, and 14 of the original Marvel Indiana Jones comic run! Priced at 95 cents each with their 50% off sale I got them for 47 cents! Also found the Young Indy Lost Gold of Durango book for $1.35.

Indyologist

Arrgh! So f-----g jealous of you ALL! You and your lousy Indy stuff... dag. Wish I had me some. Had to pay 2 huge bills recently, tho. Crap. :whip: You guys have some nice s--t.

n1teowl

Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Picked this up a couple of months ago. Super fun and great call outs from the first three movies. It even came with some collectible toppers like the Sideshow Collectibles Ark of the Covenant movie prop.

UY0OkxSl.jpg

Dr.Jonesy

Recently got my longtime most wanted Indy item - the 12 inch 1981 Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark doll by Kenner. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid.

He's in immaculate, untouched condition complete with the whip and the gun.

Paid $45 for him. The guy made me quite a nice deal. This might be the only Indy item I own.

I'm not a collector-type to say the least.

Indyologist

n1teowl said:
Picked this up a couple of months ago. Super fun and great call outs from the first three movies. It even came with some collectible toppers like the Sideshow Collectibles Ark of the Covenant movie prop.

UY0OkxSl.jpg

F-----G "A", MAN!! I HATE YOUR DAMN GUTS-- I'M SOOO JEALOUS! I remember playing this in the arcade!! The 80's... great times, dude, great times... how much did you pay for this, if I may ask?