For and Against a Reboot

kongisking

The Stranger said:
Nah... who cares about that black horned buffoon...

I'm gonna say something utterly unprecedented: I love BOTH Indiana Jones AND Batman.

Holy smokes, that's unheard of! It's impossible to adore both those things! you have to either hate Bats and love Indy, or the other way around. Yes, mm-hm, that's right, it's statistically impossible.

A-hem, this is sarcasm, for those of you with Asperger's Syndrome who can't pick up on it...

kongisking said:
I'm gonna say something utterly unprecedented: I love BOTH Indiana Jones AND Batman.

Holy smokes, that's unheard of! It's impossible to adore both those things! you have to either hate Bats and love Indy, or the other way around. Yes, mm-hm, that's right, it's statistically impossible.

A-hem, this is sarcasm, for those of you with Asperger's Syndrome who can't pick up on it...

:D :D :p

Don't worry, it's not that I'm against Batman fans, mate. With my post I was just pointing out the fact that not all of the reboot detractors are also "Batman fanboys" as Raiders said.

I personally am not very much into it.
I do have some comics and I have seen the films, except for the last.
But I surely don't consider myself to be a fan. :hat:

Stoo

HJTHX1138 said:
YES!

Where are the animated spin-offs? Why have they not been made.
HJTHX1138, where did you read/hear that "animated spin-offs" were going to be made?:confused: (Indy wouldn't be the main character in a spin-off. Is that what you want?)

Here's a short list of ideas for animated spin-offs that you might like to see:

"The Young Cairo Swordsman Chronicles"
"Willie and the Wacky Wonder Girls"
"The Eaton & Musgrove Power Hour"
"Alison Doody-Doo, Where Are You?"
"The Misadventures of Mutt & Marion"
"Toht's Laff-a-Lympics"
HJTHX1138 said:
The point of Indy was that the adventures "never ended", so another actor, in that golden 30's time period is fine by me.
That is "the point of Indy" according to whom?:confused:
The Stranger said:
With my post I was just pointing out the fact that not all of the reboot detractors are also "Batman fanboys" as Raiders said.
Indeed. I'm also a detractor but am certainly not a "Batman fanboy". Raiders112390's conclusion is wildly inaccurate.:rolleyes:

Randy_Flagg

HJTHX1138 said:
YES!

Where are the animated spin-offs? Why have they not been made.

Meh, I doubt I'd have much interest in an animated version of Indy. The problem with doing an animated version is that I can almost guarantee the adventures would get WAY too over-the-top. Anyone remember the Karate Kid cartoons, when Daniel LaRusso was surfing on a torpedo? Yeah, that's kind of what I imagine we'd see with an animated Indiana Jones.
IF they could do an animated series with some restraint, I'd maybe check it out, but I just don't see it happening.

HJTHX1138

Stoo said:
HJTHX1138, where did you read/hear that "animated spin-offs" were going to be made?:confused: (Indy wouldn't be the main character in a spin-off. Is that what you want?)

Here's a short list of ideas for animated spin-offs that you might like to see:

"The Young Cairo Swordsman Chronicles"
"Willie and the Wacky Wonder Girls"
"The Eaton & Musgrove Power Hour"
"Alison Doody-Doo, Where Are You?"
"The Misadventures of Mutt & Marion"
"Toht's Laff-a-Lympics"

:mad:

(head-desk) I didn't read anything, someone else mentioned it as an idea and I quoted them in this exact same thread and it's also something that's been mentioned before! Didn't we go over this? Didn't CN's old Clone Wars team mention it and make a poster? Since when does spin-off explicitly mean "Without the damn main character and the entire goddam point"?

When have Indy's adventures ever left us at an impass where anyone could state "and that was the last thing he ever did . . . EVAR"?!? Where do you get off saying it's not a point to be made?

Isn't the post just about me making a vague agreement to an idea and not something that needs to be read exactly perfect and announced verbatim? Do I really need to stew over every little post for hours making sure you won't find anything wrong? Why do I have to live in constant fear that my posts will be scruitinized in this way, over such tiny details?

Like this maybe ?!?

Indiana+Jones+V+Art+03.jpg

and there was a crap-ton of fan-art/merch in the same vein . . .

acmejones.jpg

You know, like an animated series?!? I've mentioned it in other threads, and so have a few other people?!? Hello? Is anyone home, McFly? Hello?!?

Toht's Arm

Randy_Flagg said:
Meh, I doubt I'd have much interest in an animated version of Indy. The problem with doing an animated version is that I can almost guarantee the adventures would get WAY too over-the-top. Anyone remember the Karate Kid cartoons, when Daniel LaRusso was surfing on a torpedo? Yeah, that's kind of what I imagine we'd see with an animated Indiana Jones.
IF they could do an animated series with some restraint, I'd maybe check it out, but I just don't see it happening.

Hate to bring up Batman here, but the 90s 'Batman: The Animated Series' was pretty much perfect in tone, and rarely prone to going over the top. If someone approached Indy in the same way, it could be awesome.

kongisking

Toht's Arm said:
Hate to bring up Batman here, but the 90s 'Batman: The Animated Series' was pretty much perfect in tone, and rarely prone to going over the top. If someone approached Indy in the same way, it could be awesome.

Yeah, it's not wise to mention Bats on here...

But I do agree. To take Indiana Jones in that sort of direction would be wonderful.

Stoo

HJTHX1138 said:
:mad:

(head-desk) I didn't read anything, someone else mentioned it as an idea and I quoted them in this exact same thread and it's also something that's been mentioned before! Didn't we go over this? Didn't CN's old Clone Wars team mention it and make a poster? Since when does spin-off explicitly mean "Without the damn main character and the entire goddam point"?
HJTHX1138, I didn't say "WITHOUT the main character". I said that Indy "WOULDN'T BE the MAIN character". Spin-offs are offshoots, like branches from a tree. If you're unclear about what the term 'spin-off' actually means, then please, look it up.

Yes, a desire to see an animated series has been talked about here at The Raven, over and over for years, but all out of fan wishdom. Your post came across as though there had, indeed, been some previous official word/promise for Indy-related cartoons and you were puzzled as to "why have THEY not been made" yet.
HJTHX1138 said:
When have Indy's adventures ever left us at an impass where anyone could state "and that was the last thing he ever did . . . EVAR"?!? Where do you get off saying it's not a point to be made?
Not sure how this explains your other post...You wrote: "The point of Indy was that the adventures 'never ended', so another actor, in that golden 30's time period is fine by me."

If finding an alien skull in 1957 WASN'T "the last thing he ever did...EVAR", then why would you want to go backwards in the timeline with a reboot set in the 1930s??? Your reply doesn't make any sense so can you please elaborate? (Anyway, the impasse you ask about could/would/should come when Indy loses his right eye...anytime after 1958).

Regarding the "point of Indy": Isn't the point to make rollicking, adventure yarns which pay homage to those of yesteryear?:confused:
HJTHX1138 said:
Isn't the post just about me making a vague agreement to an idea and not something that needs to be read exactly perfect and announced verbatim? Do I really need to stew over every little post for hours making sure you won't find anything wrong? Why do I have to live in constant fear that my posts will be scruitinized in this way, over such tiny details?
Hey, HJTHX1138, if you WANT to be misunderstood then, by all means, keep using incorrect terminology! (I was presuming that you knew what you were talking about. Rest assured, I won't be making that mistake again!):gun:
HJTHX1138 said:
Like this maybe ?!?

Indiana+Jones+V+Art+03.jpg
Ble-e-e-e-e-e-ech! Let's hope not! That style isn't very pleasing to the eye.(n) :sick: :sick: :sick:
HJTHX1138 said:
and there was a crap-ton of fan-art/merch in the same vein . . .

acmejones.jpg
One of the character keys is from E3 & whatnot. Hooray.:rolleyes: So what? Hate to break the news, HJTHX1138, but it's not a clue that an animated series is being produced. Fan art doesn't mean Lucasfilm promised to produce a cartoon series!:rolleyes:

Even I have created Indy designs in order to fulfill a fan-made animation but it doesn't/hasn't changed the situation.
HJTHX1138 said:
You know, like an animated series?!? I've mentioned it in other threads, and so have a few other people?!? Hello? Is anyone home, McFly? Hello?!?
Hello? You asked, "where are THEY?". If you weren't talking about "spin-offs", then how many animated Indy series did you expect to be made?:confused:

Rivers

If finding an alien skull in 1957 WASN'T "the last thing he ever did...EVAR", then why would you want to go backwards in the timeline with a reboot set in the 1930s??? Your reply doesn't make any sense so can you please elaborate? (Anyway, the impasse you ask about could/would/should come when Indy loses his right eye...anytime after 1958).

Exactly!! I am a major supporter of seeing Indy's adventures in his later years. I think this is a facinating part and stage of the Indiana Jones character. I want more!! There is still so much they can do and explore!!

HJTHX1138

Stoo said:
HJTHX1138, I didn't say "WITHOUT the main character". I said that Indy "WOULDN'T BE the MAIN character". Spin-offs are offshoots, like branches from a tree. If you're unclear about what the term 'spin-off' actually means, then please, look it up.

Yes, a desire to see an animated series has been talked about here at The Raven, over and over for years, but all out of fan wishdom. Your post came across as though there had, indeed, been some previous official word/promise for Indy-related cartoons and you were puzzled as to "why have THEY not been made" yet.
Not sure how this explains your other post...You wrote: "The point of Indy was that the adventures 'never ended', so another actor, in that golden 30's time period is fine by me."

Regarding the "point of Indy": Isn't the point to make rollicking, adventure yarns which pay homage to those of yesteryear?:confused:
Hey, HJTHX1138, if you WANT to be misunderstood then, by all means, keep using incorrect terminology! (I was presuming that you knew what you were talking about. Rest assured, I won't be making that mistake again!):gun:
Ble-e-e-e-e-e-ech! Let's hope not! That style isn't very pleasing to the eye.(n) :sick: :sick: :sick:
One of the character keys is from E3 & whatnot. Hooray.:rolleyes: So what? Hate to break the news, HJTHX1138, but it's not a clue that an animated series is being produced. Fan art doesn't mean Lucasfilm promised to produce a cartoon series!:rolleyes:

Even I have created Indy designs in order to fulfill a fan-made animation but it doesn't/hasn't changed the situation.
Hello? You asked, "where are THEY?". If you weren't talking about "spin-offs", then how many animated Indy series did you expect to be made?:confused:

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!

PEOPLE SAY SPIN OFF FOR EVERYTHING, SCREW THE DICTIONARY!!!

THAT'S WHY I CALLED IT FANART AND MENTIONED THE FACT IT'S BEEN CONSIDERED/REFERENCED/ACKNOWLEDGED/BEENTHEREDONETHAT REGARDING THE IDEA, NOT THE PRODUCTION!!!!

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING WAS BEING MADE THAT'S MY POINT!!! "WHERE ARE THEY" MEANS "WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN TRIED, BECAUSE I SURE AS HECK WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE!". THERE'S NO NUMBERS OR PRODUCTIONS OR EVIDENCE ANYWHERE AND I'M NOT SAYING THERE IS, I'M DEFENDING MYSELF FROM YOUR UNBEARABLE JUDGEMENT !!!

WHERE DO YOU GET OFF TELLING ME WHAT THE "POINT" IS, LIKE I DON'T KNOW THAT?!? I'M ADDRESSING A STINT YOU HAVE WITH WHAT I SAID, I'M NOT TRYING TO FIX THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND MENTION EVERYTHING ABOUT INDY IN ONE POST !!!!

I POST IN A CONVERSATIONAL STYLE, NOT LIKE I'M WRITING SOME SORT OF SUPER LITERAL COLLEGE THESIS!!!

JESUS CHRIST, DO YOU DO THIS TO EVERYONE WHO'S REMOTELY NEW?!? DO YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE OR SOMETHING?!? YOU NEVER DO THIS TO ANYONE ELSE!!! WHAT GREAT QUEST DO I HAVE TO FUFILL IN ORDER TO GET YOU TO STOP QUOTING MY POSTS AND NITPICKING ME TO DEATH ?!?! HAVE I MURDERED YOUR PARENTS OR SOMETHING?!?! IS THERE A BANNING QUOTA YOU NEED TO SATISFY?!?!? DO YOU THINK I'M SOME KID WHO NEEDS A FORUM DOG TRAINER TO PICK UP MY WHOOPSIES?!?!

STOP BEING SO META-LITERAL ALL THE TIME !!!!!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'd watch the hell out of "The Eaton and Musgrove Power Hour," for the record.

But more importantly: don't ever make me consider going through an entire post and editing it to be typed out normally, rather than in all caps, again.

Oh, and Stoo: let's stipulate that you're right about what a spinoff is and never hear of that again either?

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
I'd watch the hell out of "The Eaton and Musgrove Power Hour," for the record.
Ha!:D Imagine the opening: Musgrove stands over a teletype machine, anxiously awaiting a message, while Eaton comfortably leans back in his chair, eatin' a ham sandwich. The message comes through, Musgrove reads it aloud and Eaton drops his sandwich. They both grab their briefcases, run out the door, jump into a shiny, black, Cadillac coupe and tear off down the street. (Punchy brass & percussion for the theme tune.) "The Eaton & Musgrove Power Hour!"
Attila the Professor said:
Oh, and Stoo: let's stipulate that you're right about what a spinoff is and never hear of that again either?
Our Friendly Neighbourhood Professor has spoken.:whip:
HJTHX1138 said:
PEOPLE SAY SPIN OFF FOR EVERYTHING, SCREW THE DICTIONARY!!!
Yeah, "SCREW THE DICTIONARY!!!". Great advice!:rolleyes:
HJTHX1138 said:
WHERE DO YOU GET OFF TELLING ME WHAT THE "POINT" IS...
I DIDN'T *TELL YOU* WHAT THE "POINT" IS. I ASKED YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT.

Anyway, HJTHX1138, let's not make this conversation SPIN OFF in another direction. You didn't answer my query: If finding an alien skull in 1957 WASN'T "the last thing he ever did...EVAR", then why would you want to go backwards in the timeline with a reboot set in the 1930s?:confused:
Rivers said:
Exactly!! I am a major supporter of seeing Indy's adventures in his later years. I think this is a facinating part and stage of the Indiana Jones character. I want more!! There is still so much they can do and explore!!
Quite right, Rivers. There's no need (or reason) for a 'reboot' while Harrison is still alive.

HJTHX1138

Stoo said:
Anyway, HJTHX1138, let's not make this conversation SPIN OFF in another direction. You didn't answer my query: If finding an alien skull in 1957 WASN'T "the last thing he ever did...EVAR", then why would you want to go backwards in the timeline with a reboot set in the 1930s?:confused:

What does that have to do with an animated series? Your just ****ing with me now.

Finn

Staff member
I've got one thing to say: There's a feature called 'Ignore'. Sometimes I wish I could use it myself, but due to my position, I really can't.

But those of you who do... well, figure it out.

Stoo

replican't said:
What planet do you live on?
A blue planet, comfortably close to our sun and billions of miles away from Uranus.:D
HJTHX1138 said:
What does that have to do with an animated series? Your just ****ing with me now.
It's an attempt to get the conversation back on-topic. (Didn't think that was too difficult to figure out.:rolleyes:) I'm trying to understand the logic behind your statements regarding a reboot but, for some reason, you're not answering.

For the 3rd time now: Why do you want to see a reboot set in the '30s if you think that Indy's adventures "never ended" and the events in Indy 4 weren't the "last thing he ever did"?:confused:

I would love personally if they did Indy 5 (just cant accept the idea of seeing Harrison once more with the fedora :D) and afterwards to do a reboot, either for TV series, cartoon (Clone wars style), or even a change of actor for the movies James bond style. The idea of Indy is just a franchise which i think could be very well exploited given a decent choice of actor and plot.

Regards,

LJ