Jackie Chan is Asian Hawk

Paul 27

I actually can't wait to see this. I'm a big Jackie Chan fan, and Operation Condor is my favourite of his films, so to say i'm excited about Chinese Zodiac is an understatement! (y)

If anyone is interested CZ is out on region 3 DVD/blu-ray on March 7th.

Paul 27

I was finally able to see Chinese Zodiac (or CZ12 as it seems to be known) Really enjoyed it, proper fun adventure film. Lots of action, humour and awesome stunts (y)

There are a few Indyesque moments, but if you take out the treasure hunt aspect, it's actually more Pirates of the Caribbean meets Mission Impossible.

Worth watching if you're into these sorts of films though, hopefully it'll get a more widespread cinema release eventually. Would love to see it on the big screen.

Le Saboteur

Moedred said:
...currently unreleased in the English speaking world. If it ever is, there will be comparisons...

Chinese Zodiac opens Stateside this coming Friday, the 18th. Check local theatre listings.

For the uninitiated, the original two films can be seen through Netflix's streaming service.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Chinese Zodiac

This was surprisingly good. You just have to relax and let the baffling motives and physics take their course. As usual about 10 minutes trimmed for the English version are nowhere to be found on the home release. Definitely looks from the credits like Jackie Chan's farewell to dangerous stunts.

Le Saboteur

While he may not be Asian Hawk, Jackie Chan is teaming up with Stanley Tong (Rumble in the Bronx) again for the oddly titled Kung Fu Yoga! Chan plays -- wait for it! --Professor Jack Chan, China's most famous archaeologist!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Every continent should have an Indy clone. Archaeologist Dr. Aryan Kulshrestha is an Indian Indiana in India. Ram Setu is about Adam's Bridge, the submerged land bridge to Sri Lanka.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I coincidentally watched all three of the Asian Hawk films last month.

Armour of Gods, while I'm not too crazy about the second act, has a terrific third act with the memorable fight with the high-heeled ladies and that incredible ending stunt and music.

Operation Condor - great fun and one of my favorite JC adventures! But the quality of the experience depends on what cut of the film you are watching. The original Chinese release has, for example, a scene at the beginning of the film in which several of the main characters coincidentally run into each other and it's really strange. The American cut massively improves the film by cutting out scenes like this and replacing the music with a terrific theme that feels adventurous and espionage-ie. This is why Americans rate this film as superior to Armour of Gods, and Chinese Fans vice versa.

Chinese Zodiac is... a fun spectacle but there are just so many characters and subplots that I don't care about.

Every continent should have an Indy clone. Archaeologist Dr. Aryan Kulshrestha is an Indian Indiana in India. Ram Setu is about Adam's Bridge, the submerged land bridge to Sri Lanka.

interesting, but not very