Back to the Future

Dr. Gonzo

Moedred said:
Netflix is unfortunately the only place to see the Amazing Stories episode Go the Head of the Class. It's inseparable in my mind from the trilogy. Directed by Robert Zemeckis in 1986, music by Alan Silvestri, written by Bob Gale, starring Christopher Lloyd. (Then cruise over to Mummy Daddy from season one for a great Spielberg impression by Bronson Pinchot and music by Danny Elfman.) Happy Halloween!
http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70083675
Damn even the tardy slips!

TheMutt92

Not that I ever questioned it, but...

http://www.slashfilm.com/origin-marty-docs-friendship-back-future-finally-explained/

Okay, from the horse?s mouth (yes, I?m the horse?er, co-writer, co-creator): We never explained it in the movie. But the history of the characters that Bob Zemeckis and I created is this?

For years, Marty was told that Doc Brown was dangerous, a crackpot, a lunatic. So, being a red-blooded American teenage boy, age 13 or 14, he decided to find out just why this guy was so dangerous. Marty snuck into Doc?s lab, and was fascinated by all the cool stuff that was there. When Doc found him there, he was delighted to find that Marty thought he was cool and accepted him for what he was. Both of them were the black sheep in their respective environments. Doc gave Marty a part-time job to help with experiments, tend to the lab, tend to the dog, etc.

And that?s the origin of their relationship.

Forbidden Eye said:
Maybe the future presented in Part II isn't so dated after all.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pxQQV-XukRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No way he got up to 88 there.

Joe Brody

Finn said:
OK, this thread is for all kinds of discussion for one of the true modern-day classics, the BTTF series. I personally think those movies are great & fun and hold some memorable quotes, (but there are some flaws too)...

To start the discussion, there is one thing that has bugged me, in part II.
When old Biff "borrows" DeLorean to visit the past, why does he return the same 2015 he left, if he made some major changes to the events in 1955?

I dunno about you, but this has always bugged me. Theories anyone? (I don't care if they're somewhat "docbrownish", maybe even better that way.)

Am I alone in thinking that it's odd that Finn started the Back to the Future thread here?

And someone has to explain the ad to me. By 2015, we should all be running barefoot. That is truly back to the future.

Finn

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Am I alone in thinking that it's odd that Finn started the Back to the Future thread here?
You're not. When I look back at the posts I made here nearly a decade ago, I find most of them odd.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Finn said:
You're not. When I look back at the posts I made here nearly a decade ago, I find most of them odd.

I think that's a requirement for modhood, honestly.

In other news, it's fun to see Bill Hader in that commercial. Pretty well done overall.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the Nuclear Test Site Ending Storyboard Sequence. Refrigerator's already been replaced.
(1:48) Did Spielberg borrow Jurassic Park's best gag from this too?

P Tom

Anyone interested in the hoverboard? It's going to be released later this year.

Details

medium_db096c337fe404bebe033b8a87ffc223.jpg

Nope, it doesn't fly, and it doesn't work on water either.

P Tom

P Tom said:
Anyone interested in the hoverboard?...

Nope, it doesn't fly, and it doesn't work on water either.
Finn said:
Then you could have left that first question unasked.
Surely there will be some BTTF fans who would be eager to collect a non-functional movie replica. Just as much as Indy fans owning a TLC holy grail. :p

Montana Smith

P Tom said:
Surely there will be some BTTF fans who would be eager to collect a non-functional movie replica. Just as much as Indy fans owning a TLC holy grail. :p

Nah, the BTTF Holy Grail would be a model of the concept refrigerator.

This is the closest we'll probally get:

indiana-jones-fridge.jpg

:p

Montana Smith

DMC DeLorean New York City Taxi Cab

262751_493251417385743_1796210501_n.jpg

262751_493251407385744_1042971539_n.jpg

262751_493251410719077_1315819389_n.jpg

Cargo.BTTF_905.jpg

December 4, 2012, 2:50 PM.

Could the Real ‘Taxi of Tomorrow’ Be a DeLorean?

You may have heard there is a DeLorean taxi running around New York. But you shouldn’t count on hailing it anytime soon. The car is the product of photo manipulation that sprung from a student advertising-design competition.

Designer Mike Lubrano was behind the cab concept. He said the car, which looks like the “Back to the Future” movie vehicle painted yellow, “exists nowhere outside my photoshop files and the jpgs that are circulating around the internet these days.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2012/12/04/could-the-real-taxi-of-tomorrow-be-a-delorean/

Finn

Staff member
I think it's appropriate to bump this today.

Anybody seen the hoverboard on shelves yet?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season and put some money on the Cubs...