Indy should have had a daughter

Stoo

Goodsport said:
but do you really think Indy would want his own daughter dressed like that?
Pubescent wank in action!:eek:
Adamwankenobi said:
According to The Complete Making of Indiana Jones, Frank Darabont's "City of the Gods" script gave Indy and Marion a daughter, but Spielberg rejected it because he found it too similar to The Lost World.
It's hard to picture Marion, at her age, giving birth in '58/'59. Daphne/Susan could be the product of another relationship Indy had.
MolaRam2 said:
Nobody remembers The Lost World anyway,
I do. I own a copy and love it.
The Man said:
They need to throw something of a curveball if casting Indy's daughter. Katee Sackhoff is only perfect. Think about it...
Dye her hair red and she could pass as a young Susan Bigelow (Indy's daughter)!:p

Uki

Who is Kate Sackhoff?

Anyway, I'm happy with Mutt. But I do like Natalie portman a whole lot. Maybe she could be his love interest in the next one... A student with a little crush on her archaeology prof, Dr. Jones. She has followed his advetures since she was just a wee lass, and Mutt, newly enrolled at Marshall College, has a thing for her. So, he gets involved in a quest that she naturally holds the first clues to, and, well, there you have it. They go off, Mutt attempting to impress her, and Indy has to follow along to save them (all the while being more and more impressed with how well his son is holding his own along the way...)

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
It's hard to picture Marion, at her age, giving birth in '58/'59. Daphne/Susan could be the product of another relationship Indy had.

Daphne/Susan has always reminded me of Willie Scott. ;)

Stoo said:
Dye her hair red and she could pass as a young Susan Bigelow (Indy's daughter)!:p

Which brings up an interesting idea: Maybe Indy's daughter is Sophia Hapgood's? :confused:

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
Which brings up an interesting idea: Maybe Indy's daughter is Sophia Hapgood's? :confused:
YES!!!!!!:whip:
I like it. I like it. Good one, Adam!

I know "Fate of Atlantis" is 1939. What is the other game with her?

indytim

The Man said:
They need to throw something of a curveball if casting Indy's daughter. Katee Sackhoff is only perfect. Think about it...

2006-10-06-starbuck.jpg

She would actually be a good choice for such a role (y)

indytim

deckard24 said:
I honestly don't think they'd have gone with a daughter, because if they are planning on future sequels with a new replacement(or should I say a younger sidekick), a daughter wouldn't be the same box office draw as a son! I'm not trying to be sexist, just honest, because bad ass female roles rarely draw in the crowds that males do. Just look at the success of the Lara Croft films, or Elektra, Catwoman, Aeon flux, Resident Evil,and Ultraviolet. Of course there are exceptions, but they tend to be either cult favorites like Kill Bill where people turned out because it was Tarantino's 4th film, or mainstream sci-fi horror where the draw wasn't the female lead but the creature ie. Alien!

As much as a daughter might have been interesting to see, the future of the franchise seems to be hinged on Indy and Marion's child, and Shia was an extremely smart casting choice for this! He already has a huge following, and is on his way to being one of the Hollywood's most bankable movie stars.

Shame Tomb Raider ever existed otherwise they could have used Angelina Jolie in the role. She's gorgeous, tough, attractive to both men and women, and is one of the few actresses that can carry a film (with the right script, which the two Tomb Raiders didn't). I bet Wanted does pretty well at the box office this Summer :hat:

MolaRam2

deckard24 said:
I honestly don't think they'd have gone with a daughter, because if they are planning on future sequels with a new replacement(or should I say a younger sidekick), a daughter wouldn't be the same box office draw as a son! I'm not trying to be sexist, just honest, because bad ass female roles rarely draw in the crowds that males do. Just look at the success of the Lara Croft films, or Elektra, Catwoman, Aeon flux, Resident Evil,and Ultraviolet. Of course there are exceptions, but they tend to be either cult favorites like Kill Bill where people turned out because it was Tarantino's 4th film, or mainstream sci-fi horror where the draw wasn't the female lead but the creature ie. Alien!

As much as a daughter might have been interesting to see, the future of the franchise seems to be hinged on Indy and Marion's child, and Shia was an extremely smart casting choice for this! He already has a huge following, and is on his way to being one of the Hollywood's most bankable movie stars.

Elektra, Catwoman, Aeon flux, and Ultraviolet are all flat out horrible films. The Lara Croft and Resident Evil films are okay, but special.

The reasons these movies didn't have that much success was because they ranged from horrible to okay.

Michael24

indytim said:
Shame Tomb Raider ever existed otherwise they could have used Angelina Jolie in the role. She's gorgeous, tough, attractive to both men and women, and is one of the few actresses that can carry a film (with the right script, which the two Tomb Raiders didn't). I bet Wanted does pretty well at the box office this Summer :hat:
Funny, I've always felt the exact opposite about Angelina Jolie.

I might have even gone to see Wanted if it starred somebody else. :(

TheMutt92

In response to the first rumors of Indy's son, didn't Shia himself state that he thought Indy 4 would've been more interesting if Indy had a daughter instead of a son? Personally, I'm glad we got Mutt, if not just so we didn't have to have a really brief but awkward potential love relationship between Indy and his daughter before he finds out. I admit it'd be kinda funny, but I think I'd cringe, or you know...:sick:

Marty McFly

Stoo said:
YES!!!!!!:whip:
I like it. I like it. Good one, Adam!

I know "Fate of Atlantis" is 1939. What is the other game with her?

Infernal machine was the other game with Sophia. I think that took place around '47. Sophia also appeared in one of the comics. Thunder of The Orient I think. As it stands I like Sophia more than any of the female charcaters from the movie's and I think she's a better match for Indy than Marion.

The Man

TheMutt92 said:
In response to the first rumors of Indy's son, didn't Shia himself state that he thought Indy 4 would've been more interesting if Indy had a daughter instead of a son? Personally, I'm glad we got Mutt, if not just so we didn't have to have a really brief but awkward potential love relationship between Indy and his daughter before he finds out. I admit it'd be kinda funny, but I think I'd cringe, or you know...:sick:

A Luke and Leia scenario? Hmmm...

MolaRam2

The Man said:
I wouldn't put it past them to call her that. The predictability of Mutt is what really shocked.

Couldn't they have picked a name that wasn't so obviously a dog's name? I didn't know Indiana was named after the dog till the end of Last Crusade.

Marty McFly

MolaRam2 said:
Elektra, Catwoman, Aeon flux, and Ultraviolet are all flat out horrible films. The Lara Croft and Resident Evil films are okay, but special.

The reasons these movies didn't have that much success was because they ranged from horrible to okay.

While those movies may have not done so well, The old Wonder Woman TV series was fairly succesful, as was Xena, and Buffy. Females can make good strong heroes, and people do enjoy watching them. It's just that with this, as it is with anything, it has to be done well.

The Man

Sackhoff is still the best choice. Watch her in Battlestar Galactica - or some of the otherwise dross movies she's made - and you'll see that she's hot, cool, strong, vulnerable, funny, sympathetic, beautiful yet not distractingly so. Everything that defines Indiana Jones, really. She's also not so well known as to command too much pre-release attention.

Stoo

Marty McFly said:
Infernal machine was the other game with Sophia. I think that took place around '47. Sophia also appeared in one of the comics. Thunder of The Orient I think. As it stands I like Sophia more than any of the female charcaters from the movie's and I think she's a better match for Indy than Marion.
Yes, I keep forgetting about "Thunder of the Orient" (which is 1938)! Thanks for reminding me.
c.1947 is a much more fitting date for the conception of Old Indy's daughter.

Sophia is pretty cool. I could picture her and Marion getting into a fist-fight.

Marionfan706

I like the idea of having a girl.. But either way, i think the whole family element of the movie. Mutt was awesome and so would the girl.

caats

i liked the idea initially cause i heard Natalie Portman was the daughter. and that sounded great, plus she looked like his daughter. but anybody else (ANGELINA JOLIE?? WTF) might not have worked. someone also like rachael mcadams would work. brunette girl next door ish. but i prefer the son anyway. makes more sense.