how many times have you seen kotcs?

Ska

LostArk said:
French opening credits?

I downloaded that one the day of the opening (May 22)...ok quality...couldn't see much of the cemetary scene due to darkness. And a portion was missing from the diner scene.

Just yesterday I downloaded a German opening credits version...much better quality...though the sides are cropped a bit. The color is more accurate and not washed out like the French version. I'm confused though cause the total movie length of this version is 1 hr 51 minutes...whereas the French version is 1 hr 55 minutes. I just watched it yesterday and didn't notice any skipped parts...plus it had all of the diner scene.:confused:

Oh well, this will hold me over until the DVD release.

I plan on seeing it this weekend again at a drive-in...it was playing with Iron Man last week...hope they stay paired this weekend.

James

I plan to go see it again on July 4th weekend. For some reason, I always thought the holiday was a good fit for old sci-fi B movies, so watching KOTCS this year would be perfect.

YouNeverKnow

JUST SAW IT FOR MY 6-and-a-halfth TIME! :D :D :D Haven't been in at least two weeks and I had a ball!

Something of note, I went to AMC theaters this time after visiting the closer Kerasotes near my house. Their theater "tagline" if you will was "Experience the Difference". I rolled my eyes at that when I read it but after watching the whole movie I must agree watching it there was far more fun. The sound mixing was perfect. Every bit of dialogue was understandable (at my 4th time, the soundtrack/SFX were up way too loud - I couldn't understand Mac ever) and every sound crisp and rich. Also, either I'm too used to the movie or this theater had something to do with it, but the picture seemed clearer. What I mean is the parts that I could always spot as CGI were harder to pick out this time, and only on this viewing have I agreed with whoever said this was shot 70% traditional and 30% computer. The sets that had actually been sets (obelisk/temple) had somehow given off a bluescreened vibe but the clear picture helped it regain tangibility for me. I loved the movie even more after this time than the last. I need to squeeze a few more viewings in there to catch up to Mr. Byrd. :gun:

James

YouNeverKnow said:
only on this viewing have I agreed with whoever said this was shot 70% traditional and 30% computer. The sets that had actually been sets (obelisk/temple) had somehow given off a bluescreened vibe but the clear picture helped it regain tangibility for me.

I think most people just assume the whole thing is cgi. In reality, the film was shot exactly how LC would've been done- if they had waited 20 years to make it. It pretty much is how they shot TOD, considering that Pankot Palace and Akator both existed on large soundstages.

IndyCon

I've seen it 5 times, 1st & 2nd time was on May 22nd then saw it for a 3rd time on May 28th when I tuck my 8 year old nephew and 9 year old cousin, I then saw it for a 4th time on June 8th with my parents and two of their friends and then the 5th time was on the 12th of June and now I'm going to see it for a 6th time tomorrow the 19th of June and I can't wait I just love the movie.

Mothy

I've seen it once and won't see it again. The first time was a waste of money. The entire theatre walked out with the same reaction as me, 'meh, so what'. The only parts we recall are the cheesy, ridiculously over the top nonsense. The only time I will see a true Indiana Jones film on the big screen is if they re-release the classic trilogy again.

BlackSleep

I've seen it 3 times at the theater.

1st time impression: overall it was ok, but i was hugely disappointed
2nd time impression: liked it much better, but still a bit disappointed
3rd time impression: back to 1st time impression; actually, i liked it even less than i did the 1st time

My current opinion is that the film was a huge letdown. I don't plan on seeing it again anytime soon, maybe once it's on DVD

TheMutt92

Once.

Really had hoped to see it again, but I'm a big movie buff in general. So I've been saving up so I can catch all the other summer flicks.

Since then I've seen clips of certain sequences on youtube, and my enthusiasm for this film has gone up.