Customizing Indy Figures

singsingjohnny

Billy Ray said:
Funny you should ask, I have this exact custom in the works! I picked up some brass tubing at Hobby Lobby and a length of dowel rod that fits perfectly inside it. I plan on cutting the rings from the brass tubing and making the poles from the dowel. I thought of tapering the ends using maybe a pencil sharpener, but your idea of using skewers may be easier. Anyway, I gathered all of the materials, just need to get started. Will have pics in a few days hopefully.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it. Good idea for a custom you guys! (y)

Billy Ray said:
Singsingjohnny, if you would like me to send you the decals I made for the sidecar, just PM me your e-mail address and I will be happy to send them to you.

ALRIGHT! Thanks man...PM sent! :D

Billy Ray

I know this post is useless without pics but, I started work on my Ark today. The brass tubing I got for the rings is a perfect match with the color of the Ark! I am still working on the poles, the dowel will work just fine. I will post pics soon.

singsingjohnny

Can't wait to see it!

Any chance you could send the sidecar decals? I'm gonna work on it tonight, I'd love to see them on it! Sorry to bug you! :dead:

The Golden Idol

Billy Ray said:
I know this post is useless without pics but, I started work on my Ark today. The brass tubing I got for the rings is a perfect match with the color of the Ark! I am still working on the poles, the dowel will work just fine. I will post pics soon.

Post pics soon! I really want to make this custom!

Altar of Kali

I was at the grocery store after work and found a pretty good skull candle to use for my planned Altar of Kali....

2985513232_64517f066a.jpg

Being wax it'll be easy to modify, but I can't light it up, lol.

Last edited:

The Golden Idol

ddschneider1972 said:
I was at the grocery store after work and found a pretty good skull candle to use for my planned Altar of Kali....

2985513232_64517f066a.jpg

Being wax it'll be easy to modify, but I can't light it up, lol.

Awesome! You should mod it a little though, especially the jaw area. Looks great!

Mike D said:
That really does resemble Brody. His hair is a little slicked back, though. It makes it look wet. Did you alter the head in any way besides the hair?
no offense dude but this looks more like Paulie from Rocky lol:gun:

The Golden Idol said:
Awesome! You should mod it a little though, especially the jaw area. Looks great!

Yea, there will be some modifications eventually...I have a whole list of custom projects and so little time! I picked up a GIJOE skeleton off ebay for a knights tomb also...

Nurhachi1991

Mike D said:
That really does resemble Brody. His hair is a little slicked back, though. It makes it look wet. Did you alter the head in any way besides the hair?

"Hey Rocco you screwing my sister?"

Sorry man I could not resist

Billy Ray

singsingjohnny said:
Can't wait to see it!

Any chance you could send the sidecar decals? I'm gonna work on it tonight, I'd love to see them on it! Sorry to bug you! :dead:

Did I not sned them to you??? Man, I am sorry, I could have sworn I did. I'll get them to you as soon as I get home.

Billy Ray

The Golden Idol said:
Post pics soon! I really want to make this custom!

I actually finished it last night and took pics. Will post them as soon as I get home from work. My wife says it looks good, but I'm not completely satisfied with the way the poles came out. I may redo them sometime down the road. The rings worked out pretty nicely though.

Billy Ray

Ok, here is my Ark. Like I said, I am not completely happy with the poles. I think they should be longer for starters and, though I really tried hard, I couldn't get the red/yellow part to look very good. It was done by wrapping thread around the poles...sounded like a good idea at the time:rolleyes: I might try again with some ribbon or something. Anyway, here it is.

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

BTW, the Raiders Indy came with my Akator playset...it has the best paint apps I have seen on this figure!

Kevin

I think the whole thing, including the red and gold thread, look fantastic, nice job!

What size brass tubing did you use, and how did you cut it?

The Golden Idol

Billy Ray said:
Ok, here is my Ark. Like I said, I am not completely happy with the poles. I think they should be longer for starters and, though I really tried hard, I couldn't get the red/yellow part to look very good. It was done by wrapping thread around the poles...sounded like a good idea at the time:rolleyes: I might try again with some ribbon or something. Anyway, here it is.

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

BTW, the Raiders Indy came with my Akator playset...it has the best paint apps I have seen on this figure!

Not bad, Billy Ray! Can you tell me exactly what you used for the rings? How did you attach them? I would cut them in half (in width) to be more screen acccurate (look at the photo below), but that's a really good first attempt. How come Hasbro made the Ark without any rings? It always has them in the movie. For the poles, I would have used bamboo skewers, as they are thinner and more accurate scale-wise to the real Ark poles. As for the red/yellow design in the middle, I have the actual design on my computer. PM me if you want the design.

1indy-idol-ark-of-the-coven.jpg

Last edited: