New acquisitions at Ravenwood museum

Canyon

Wow, I sure do have a lot of catching up to do! (Haven't been around in a while) :D :eek:

Firstly, wow! This is an absolutely incredible museum!!!
swoon.gif
I don't think that I've seen this much Indy stuff, ever! Kudos to you! :whip:

Canyon said:
Wow, I sure do have a lot of catching up to do! (Haven't been around in a while) :D :eek:

Firstly, wow! This is an absolutely incredible museum!!!
swoon.gif
I don't think that I've seen this much Indy stuff, ever! Kudos to you! :whip:

Thanks Canyon - feel free to make the trip and visit anytime! We have lots of room here at Ravenwood :)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Man Les - you are fast! I just got my new Indy LEGO Magnets today in the mail and thought I had a first...

I got both sets. Kind of pricey for just 3 figs in my opinion

We actually had them Monday but I've been too busy with the custom IJ database we had written. I'm busy photographing and entering all the items we have (and the ones we don't) into it. It's kinda fun to revisit all the older items that haven't been taken out and viewed for a while.

I agree - Lego finds yet another way to gouge. And yet we still buy all the stuff ;)

New Lego display

A cool Lego display that was formerly at Toys R Us... this things is HUGE! Four feet across and about 20 inches high and deep.

It lights up and has a sound box (that plays clips from the films)...

legodisplay_tru.jpg

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:
No - just a standard DVD inside a cardboard sleeve.

That's wierd. With the rounded corners, it looks like a steelbook case. Was KOTCS released in a steel book anywhere? I can't remember if Future Shop had them - they usually have steelbooks.

JCC1004

throwmetheidol said:
A cool Lego display that was formerly at Toys R Us... this things is HUGE! Four feet across and about 20 inches high and deep.

It lights up and has a sound box (that plays clips from the films)...

SNIP
How did you get that? wonder what TRU does with them. I was going to ask if I could buy the Indy one but I never got around to it. :(

Rhys135

Goonie said:
That's wierd. With the rounded corners, it looks like a steelbook case. Was KOTCS released in a steel book anywhere? I can't remember if Future Shop had them - they usually have steelbooks.

HMV in the UK, sold a steelbook version of the KOTCS DVD.

Link

Stoo

Goonie said:
Yes, Future Shop had steelbooks for the regular DVD and the Blu-ray. That's where I got both of mine.

IJ-Masterpieces original art acquired!

We received confirmation that the original art for all 3 of the cards done by Ken Steacy have been picked up by the courier and are on their way!

We'll post photos of the actual framed paintings once they arrive :)

steacy_IJ-M.jpg

Cool birthday cake prizes from France

Here is the set of cake prizes from France; they are placed in the cake mix before it goes in the oven. Once baked and decorated the hope is that the slice you receive will have a prize in it. There is a name for these prizes but it escapes me right now. This is a very popular past-time in Europe.

cakeprizes_fr.jpg

Goonie

Too bad they didn't have any cake prizes in the shape of the goodies in the Temple of Doom dinner scene. Anyone up for Cake Surprise? ;)