Ideas For New Indy Actor

Montana Smith

Marshall2288 said:
it was about Young Indy but the 1st season in particular has a lot of Henry Sr in it. Enough so to get a feel about his life that I think a movie about him would be really boring.

Indeed. Henry Sr. didn't become interesting in an action context until 1938.

mikieson said:
HOW would you feel about a PRE-INDY movie with say a young Henry Sr?

There's no need to wonder what a pre-Indy movie with a young Henry Sr. in an action context would be like...

Five years after KOTCS, in a strange parallel universe, Indy's dad had an adventure with Dr. No.

caats

i think this wouldn't happen for a few years, so any names we say now, probably won't be relevant, but a couple obvious, but solid young hollywood picks.

141999907-419x628.jpg

Chris-Pine-chris-pine-15486064-603-450.jpg

Le Saboteur

Attila the Professor said:
If Jeremy Renner were a couple years younger, he'd be a potentially compelling choice.

Following the same line of thought, I would throw Norman Reedus' name into the hat. He's a couple of years older than Renner, but knocking five years off his actual age for story purposes isn't that big of a deal.

NormanReedus11.jpg

I would put my money behind Jon Hamm. Sure, he's "older" but I'm tired of seeing man-children being bandied about.

144537469260410493_ZBN3mhN4_c.jpg

fenris

Dunno if some of you know or remember, but Norman Reedus has a "connection" to Indy... Hehe. He played SPF's brother in Boondock Saints. He's... Indy's brother!!! :gun:

Montana Smith

fenris said:
Dunno if some of you know or remember, but Norman Reedus has a "connection" to Indy... Hehe. He played SPF's brother in Boondock Saints. He's... Indy's brother!!! :gun:

He reminds me of a younger John Hurt. So there's a possible Oxley connection as well. :whip:

Montana Smith

So Samuel L. Jackson portrayed Nick Fury in the Disney/Marvel version.

It's time to start contemplating a non-caucasian Indiana Jones.

b02ea8bb-6615-4367-aaff-cc6c4261cc65.jpg

My money's on Will Smith:

indy-smith.jpg

Brooke Logan

Maybe Skeet Ulrich from Scream and Jericho? He's handsome and talented and could pull off the hero/rugged look I think.

Though I really only want Harrison for the part.

And if they do Indy 5, please Mr. Spielberg, again I must request that you give a role, at least a cameo, to your beautiful wife Kate Capshaw who was the perfect casting choice to embody the beauty, strength, and charm of Willie Scott! Her fans would love to see her again.:)

HenryJunior

Anthony Ingruber

Never heard of him? Me neither. I stumbled across his videos on Youtube:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bba_wPdLxp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rG9SAq2kLFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a long shot but I think he could work, he looks a lot like Harrison, and captures his character. He has some other great impressions on his channel.

Mickiana

I could watch Anthony Ingruber doing Indiana Jones in his (IJ's) earlier years for sure. It would be interesting to know if he has piqued any studios' (Disney, now to name the pertinent one) interest.

Kai Hagen

It wouldn't be an Indy film if Harrison Ford isn't in it.
But if a woman as tall as or even taller than Tamara Dobson is the new main character, then I'll welcome the new series.

Henry W Jones

I was just thinking about the first time I saw LC. I remember Fedoras first on screen appearance upset me. I remember thinking "Where the hell is Harrison? " I thought they switched actors on me and it was not acceptable. A second later I realized it was another character when River is called Indiana. Then I thought the guy looked ridiculous in the outfit and it reminded me of a Halloween costume. I think a new actor taking on the role would give me that WTF feeling all over again except this time it would be a ongoing reaction due ti it would be supposedly "Indiana Jones".

Indy's brother

I'm not interested in a recast of the role, but I have to say that Jon Hamm is about as realistic a choice as we're likely to find. He's got the acting chops for it, IMHO.

jon_hamm.jpg

3216.jpg