Indy-Cast Trivia II

DoomTown

Exulted Unicron said:
here's a trivia question for the Young Indy fans.

In "Spring Break Adventure", what was the name of the book Indy was reading whilst at baseball practice at the start of the episode?

Why not send this one in to the Indy-Cast and go for a chance at a pin and more importantly, "Brotherhood"??? ;)

Indy Trivia XLVI

Pancho Villa was a great nod to an episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles but not the ONLY shared element of Crystal Skull and Indy’s television incarnation. This week’s question concern an unproduced Young Indiana Jones Chronicle that tells the story of how these two characters meet and how their relationship pivots over a Crystal Skull. Can you guess who we’re talking about and as the television shows mimic their cinematic big brothers, where is the episode’s Location and Date?

Last edited:
Among the episodes that were planned for season 3, Episode #48, Honduras 1920 would have Indy at 21 years old on a field trip with art historian Herbert Spinden at Mayan ruins in Honduras. They first arrive at a Honduran port and meet some Banana Republic types and Indy meets Belloq for the first time. They begin a friendly relationship, traveling to the ruins of a Mayan city, where Indy and Belloq try to decipher Mayan hieroglyphs at the ball court, as well as discussing possible rituals and sacrifices. They discover a perfect crystal skull, which Belloq steals and sells to Frederick Mitchell-Hedges, a British adventurer.

Indy Trivia XLVII

Indy has unearthed, found, lost and recovered many antiquities over the course of his adventures, but which of Indy?s cinematic treasures had moving parts? ?and no, Elsa and/or her lighter do not count!

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Indy has unearthed, found, lost and recovered many antiquities over the course of his adventures, but which of Indy?s cinematic treasures had moving parts? ?and no, Elsa and/or her lighter do not count!

Was it the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol? I read somewhere that it originally had moving eyes.

Nurhachi's ashes would have moved if you gave his urn a good shake!

Exulted Unicron

Yep, thats true. The idol was supposed to have clockwork eyes that followed Indy around the room. But it ended up being too big and too costly. So they just settled on the static prop and had the evil stary eyes

Nice pick-up guys...

Check out the remote
3918495645_85dffa5619.jpg

3918495327_15abc53296.jpg

3919280842_8fac1e3985.jpg

3918495141_6280756620_b.jpg

Indy Trivia XLVIII

To escape Berlin, Indy scored two tickets for Zeppelin, but what was their destination? What names did he use?

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Nice...

As for Indy's name, think of his alias from Young Indy, it's similar.

Both Henri Defense and Heinrich Widerstand are listed in his wanted papers in The Lost Journal. Amadeus Schooblegrueber Junior (!) is also listed, but blacked out.

Montana Smith said:
Both Henri Defense and Heinrich Widerstand are listed in his wanted papers in The Lost Journal. Amadeus Schooblegrueber Junior (!) is also listed, but blacked out.
While enlisting in the Belgian Army, Indy uses the alias Henri Defense. His choice of name: Widerstand happens to be German for resistance.

What was the name he substituted for Henry Sr?

Montana Smith said:
While enlisting in the Belgian Army, Indy uses the alias Henri Defense. His choice of name: Widerstand happens to be German for resistance.

What was the name he substituted for Henry Sr?

Indy Trivia XLIX

Editor,
Rigger,
Producer,
Foley Artist,
Choreographer,
Cinematographer,
Second Unit Director,
USC School of Dramatic Arts Student.
Named Lucas and Spielberg Beard 1 and 2
On screen with wannabe Indiana Jones Brendan Fraser, X-Men and Superman Returns' James Marsden, Boondock Saints' Billy Connolly.

...portrayed which Indy character ?

Last edited:
Short Round

Ke Huy Quan

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhMBms19Eq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhMBms19Eq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Indy Trivia L

What song from Young Indiana Jones and The Curse of the Jackal, aka Egypt 1908 aka Indy?s First Adventure is taken directly from Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Last edited:

Stoo

I'll let someone else try and answer this but would like to add (and I know you know, Rocket) that the inclusion of the song was due to a suggestion by Laird Malamed.(y)

Arab Diggers Song

Starlog interviews Kasdan: "When that scene was written, Indy was digging on a totally separate site several sand dunes away from the Nazis. They were discovered much later only when the Nazis spotted the smoke rising from the Arab's torches. When Steven asked me about what I thought of the film after I saw it that was one of the few things that bothered me enough to mention it to him. Obviously, the logistics of their location dictated that shot set-up, but I told Steven that if he took out the daylight establishing shot showing how close the two groups are, the sequence wouldn't have been as bothersome. Then I asked Steven, 'Why are the Arabs singing?' That makes it even worse."

Last edited:
Indy Trivia LI

By Last Crusade, Sallah's no longer a singer. Believe it or not John Rhys Davies intimates he’s no longer an excavator either but now deals in antiques. Maybe Indy 5 will see them crossing paths at a flea market, swap meet garage or estate sale. In Raiders Sallah is a big fan of Gilbert and Sullivan's HMS Pinafore. He breaks out Monarch of the Sea and we catch the beginning of A British Tar, but he's not the only fan. This week’s question: Who else in Raiders carries a Gilbert and Sullivan tune?

Last edited: