Hemble's Custom Indy Stuff 01/07/09

hemble

Hi All

I've been wanting to do this concept figure that Ron Cobb had done for a long time, I was going to do in 3-3/4" size but a friend of mine Glorbes had already did it http://glorbes.blogspot.com/2009/01/toht-ron-cobb-concept.htmt and it's a great figure. So since I have been doing alot of 1/6 scale Indy figures it was only natural that I would do him in this scale.

RECIPE

1: Concept Toht - The body, left glove, glasses, uniform, boots and hat are all from Dragon, the uniform was dyed black and the hat was also repainted black and detailed with flat white and silver. The head is Toht from Sideshow Toys I added a bionic eye and ear by using some old 40K GW parts I had in the bits box.

As for the bionic arm I used parts from some Hasbro AOTC droids and and a part from a 3-3/4" moisture vaporator and pieces of wire which were in my bits box, The straps that hold the arm onto the body are strips of leather cut to size then attached.

2: Base - The base is very simple as I didn't want anything to detailed to distract from the figure itself, It was made from an old DVD base which I covered with plasti card and cardboard and then gave it a few sprays of Matt Black.

Ron Cobb's Concept Art Work
cct1.jpg

ct1.jpg

ct2.jpg

ct3.jpg

ct4.jpg

ct8.jpg

Ron

Stoo

hemble said:
Stoo - Mate glad you liked it thank you and the hair is longer at the back you just can't see it due to the scarf and jacket.
O.K. I trust you. So glad that you found a suitable sax. Can't wait to see it in all its glory!(y)

Re: CONCEPT TOHT. Quoting Belloq, "It's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!" Ha ha. I can see that the forearm must be the moisture vaporator. Too bad the gloved hand couldn't hold a cigarette. Sometime ago, I created a thread about the arm so I'm off to add a link to your incredible creation. Toht's Robotic Arm

Montana Smith said:
Ron, your customizing skills have increased by leaps and bounds in those 7 years. I am always humbled (or is that Hembled?) by the quality of your work.
You're a funny guy, Matt.:D Mr. Ron/Hemble is making it increasingly difficult to choose a favourite piece from his "oeuvre".

ct4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lao che & sons

Great stuff as usual(y) I didn't see this one coming:)

I love glorbe's work on custom vehicles (his tank and flying wing are amazing) if you evr talk to him do you mind asking how progress is going on his ford tri-motor? It looked really cool:confused:

Luke Sprywalker

This is AMAZING Ron. I absolutely LOVE it. I have been interested in this figure myself after seeing the concept drawing years ago. You have done a brilliant job in bringing him to life. I was wondering what in the world you made the arm out of but after reading your description and looking again I can see how it all came together. This is one of my favorite figures that you have done to date. Thanks for sharing my friend...I'm off to look at these pics again.

WOW! Usually these figures aren't really my interest (though yours are always exemplary, hemble), but you simply have outdone yourself with concept Toht! That is a thing of true beauty.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Too bad the gloved hand couldn't hold a cigarette.
Maybe he could have switch-out hands, one for every occasion like a Swiss-army knife? ;)

Stoo said:
You're a funny guy, Matt.:D Mr. Ron/Hemble is making it increasingly difficult to choose a favourite piece from his "oeuvre".
Yep, there are toooooo many excellent creations from Ron to choose a favourite, but for novelty alone, this Toht is up there. (y)

glorbes

lao che & sons said:
Great stuff as usual(y) I didn't see this one coming:)

I love glorbe's work on custom vehicles (his tank and flying wing are amazing) if you evr talk to him do you mind asking how progress is going on his ford tri-motor? It looked really cool:confused:

I can answer that for you :) Not well...I still have the fuselage, but my wing assembly collapsed. I may get back to it one of these days.

Ron, thanks for the shout-out on my wee little Toht, but this custom of your is in a league all of its own. Amazing work, as always.

lao che & sons

glorbes said:
I can answer that for you :) Not well...I still have the fuselage, but my wing assembly collapsed. I may get back to it one of these days.

Ron, thanks for the shout-out on my wee little Toht, but this custom of your is in a league all of its own. Amazing work, as always.

that's a shame. oh, well when/if it gets done be sure to post some pics!:)

hemble

Hi All

Montana Smith wrote
Pure genius, as always, Ron!

Stoo said:
Too bad the gloved hand couldn't hold a cigarette.
Maybe he could have switch-out hands, one for every occasion like a Swiss-army knife?

Stoo said:
You're a funny guy, Matt. Mr. Ron/Hemble is making it increasingly difficult to choose a favourite piece from his "oeuvre".
Yep, there are toooooo many excellent creations from Ron to choose a favourite, but for novelty alone, this Toht is up there.

Thanks heaps mate.

Stoo wrote
So glad that you found a suitable sax. Can't wait to see it in all its glory!

Re: CONCEPT TOHT. Quoting Belloq, "It's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!" Ha ha. I can see that the forearm must be the moisture vaporator. Too bad the gloved hand couldn't hold a cigarette. Sometime ago, I created a thread about the arm so I'm off to add a link to your incredible creation. Toht's Robotic Arm

The sax pics will be up tonight and really always apprecaite the feedback mate, and thanks for adding the pics to the other link.

lao che & sons wrote
Great stuff as usual I didn't see this one coming

I love glorbe's work on custom vehicles (his tank and flying wing are amazing) if you evr talk to him do you mind asking how progress is going on his ford tri-motor? It looked really cool

Glad you liked it bro and Glorbes beat me to it.

Luke Sprywalker wrote
This is AMAZING Ron. I absolutely LOVE it. I have been interested in this figure myself after seeing the concept drawing years ago. You have done a brilliant job in bringing him to life. I was wondering what in the world you made the arm out of but after reading your description and looking again I can see how it all came together. This is one of my favorite figures that you have done to date. Thanks for sharing my friend...I'm off to look at these pics again.

Your welcomed mate and thanks for the feedback.

ResidentAlien wrote
WOW! Usually these figures aren't really my interest (though yours are always exemplary, hemble), but you simply have outdone yourself with concept Toht! That is a thing of true beauty.

Mate really glad that you like my work and thanks for the reply.

glorbes wrote
I can answer that for you Not well...I still have the fuselage, but my wing assembly collapsed. I may get back to it one of these days.

Always a pleasure on hearing your thoughts ny friend thank you and not good news on the fuselage mate but I have no doubt that you can pull it off.

No worries about the plug my friend it's very well deserved and you if you hadn't done your smaller version mine would be still a thought in the old grey matter.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

here are two pics with indy holding the sax, I have to give a huge thank you to n11pilot over at The Fedora Chronicles for sending me the sax now my MotB indy is now complete.

bl8.jpg

bl7.jpg

Ron

Stoo

hemble said:
Hi All

here are two pics with indy holding the sax, I have to give a huge thank you to n11pilot over at The Fedora Chronicles for sending me the sax now my MotB indy is now complete.
Looks great, Ron! I can hear the fireplace crackling...Nice to know that someone helped out by sending you a mini-sax. (Mail it to me and I'll have it electroplated in gold from a jeweller I know.:D) Also just noticed that you scuffed up the soles of his boots. Nice detail.

Question: Have you ever worked with resin to make water before? You could put some melting snow around his feet/bench & on the floor.:p :whip:
Montana Smith said:
Maybe he could have switch-out hands, one for every occasion like a Swiss-army knife?

Yep, there are toooooo many excellent creations from Ron to choose a favourite, but for novelty alone, this Toht is up there.(y)
Heh. Yes, one hand for the cigarette holder, one for a corkscrew and another for the MACHINE GUN FINGER!:gun: I think my favourite Hemble Creations are (in no particular order):

-Mystery of the Blues Indy
-Concept Toht
-"Castle Brunwald Swing Indy"
glorbes said:
How's it going, eh? I haven't forgotten about your "wee little Toht" either, glorbes, and a link was added in the Robotic Arm thread after you unveiled it.;) If you ever get around to finishing off your Tri-Motor, I look forward to seeing it.

DoomTown

Mystery of the Blues Indy

Wow, looks really great...well done!! Looking forward to hearing a little about it in Club Obi Wan!!! (y)

hemble

HI All

lao che & sons, stoo & KVoss - Thanks guys I'm really glad you are enjoying the dio's and figures and have another one coming tonight.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

When the 1/4 Premium Format indy came out from Sideshow Toys I always wanted to make something similar in 1/6 but never could find the perfect Indy Head sculpt with that cocky Indy smile.

Then the other week I friend on the Sideshow forums Paul Carson was selling the perfect head sculpt of Indy I've ever seen and he even had that cocky smirk.

So I ordered myself a Head sculpt and once I received it got to work on making my own 1/6 PF Indy. Instead of the pedestal that comes with the 1/4 PF figure I wanted to have a jungle scene instead as I really think it suits the figure very well.

When I was happy with the figures pose it was painted and weathered using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints and pastels.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The clothing, whip, idol and body are from Sideshow toys, the head sculpt is from Paul Carson from Sideshow Forums. The hands are from an old AMT Luke Skywalker 1/6 figure kit and the hat is from The frontline custom head .

2: Base - The base is from the Sideshow Toys Indiana Jones figure. The figure was superglued and screwed inplace at the feet and then plaster was used to cover the base and left to dry.

When the plaster had dried I painted it dark brown and then added the ground work which a got from the back yard from the garden, the plants are plastic fishtank plants that I got from the local pet shop.

pf1.jpg

pf2.jpg

pf3.jpg

pf4.jpg

pf6.jpg

pf7.jpg

pf8.jpg

Ron

hemble said:
Hi All

The year is 1935 and while searching an old Mayan temple Indy accidently sets of a hiden trap door in the floor of the temple and send Indy sliding 100 metres into a large square pit. Indy picks himself up and searches for a way out, he notices a lever about 10 meteres high on the far wall and he then suddenly he hears a loud crunching noise and the pit starts to fill with water.

The water starts to rise with incredible speed and Indy starts to climb the pit wall to release the lever, and again he hears another crunching noise and he wonders what is going to happen next. He does'nt have to wait to long when he feels something starts to wrap around his legs, he looks down and the head of a huge water python is starting to coil it's self around him.

Indy starts to panic and thinks to himself "I Hate Snakes" and a bloody big one at that, he starts to feel pressure on his legs and he gets pulled under and then is brought back up again as the python lost it's grip for a split section. Indy knows that if he does'nt get out of this mess he's dead for sure, He stops himself from panicking and grabs a small machette from his bag and by this time the python as wrapped itself up to Indy's waist, Indy grabs the python's neck area and gets ready to stab it before it can either crush him or bite him.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones & Snake - Everything is from The Sideshow Toys Indy figure except the pants which are from the Relic Hunter figure and the Fedora which is from The frontline custom head and is the older type fedora. Th e machette is from a WW2 Aussie Digger figure and the snake I got from a $2 shop it and Indy have been repainted using Vallejo, Reaper and GW paints.

2: Base - The base is made up from foam core and balsa wood once the frame and back sections were done thin sheets of foam was used to make the stone section. Once everyting was dry I used plaster to cover the whole thing and again let dry and then weathered and painted it using Vallejo paints.

I let the whole dio dry for about 4 hours, I used modelers clay to build up the water and used the clay to simulate gushing water coming from the walls. I then covered the clay with plaster and painted it using GW paints, I then let dry and then drybrushed it with matt white to simulate froth. I used Woodland Scenics real water and covered the water and indy and left it to dry for 24 hours before applying another coat.

http://www.hemblecreations.com/indiana jones/sp1.jpg

http://www.hemblecreations.com/indiana jones/sp2.jpg

http://www.hemblecreations.com/indiana jones/sp3.jpg

http://www.hemblecreations.com/indiana jones/sp7.jpg

http://www.hemblecreations.com/indiana jones/sp8.jpg

Ron

Is this from something? It is sort of reminiscent of the first chapter of Philosopher's Stone.